PDA

View Full Version : Hair is freaking out..again!

09robiha
October 7th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Why my hair can never just be settled and happy in a routine I will never know...but its driving me crazy. All of a suddend its stringy and tangled and dry as heck. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I tried moisture. I tried protein. I tried clarifying to no effect. I tried leave in and no leave in. Curl creme and no curl creme. ACV rinses and even honey rinses have had no effect. It still feels dreadfully dry and in general, awful. Even my beloved Garnier Repair and shine, which usually gives me big, clumpy, super soft curls didnt help that much.

I am at a lost and it is really getting me down. My red curls are usually my signiture.

HintOfMint
October 7th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Could it be the weather change? If the air suddenly got drier, then the same routine may not work, particularly if the routine has humectants. If there isn't enough moisture in the air, a humectant like glycerin or honey would draw moisture out of your hair and into the air, instead of the other way around.

09robiha
October 7th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Could it be the weather change? If the air suddenly got drier, then the same routine may not work, particularly if the routine has humectants. If there isn't enough moisture in the air, a humectant like glycerin or honey would draw moisture out of your hair and into the air, instead of the other way around.

hmm I do use a conditoner in my rotation that has honey extracts in it..but I rinse it all out. I start using my GF R&S again as it dosent have any or many humectents that I know of and has moisturing oils.

Anje
October 7th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I feel redundant, but I'm always ready to pin these sort of things on protein overload. (That's how it works for me, though I realize lots of people do fine with the stuff!)

Look through your products and pull out anything that contains hydrolyzed stuff, whatever amino acids, keratin, and collagen. Then do whatever you do to moisturize with protein-free products and just avoid using them for a while. If protein overload is the problem, it'll gradually get better if you don't keep adding to it. Clarifying isn't sufficient to remedy the problem for me, though it might speed the process.

aenflex
October 7th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Yup I agree again with Anje - I cannot use protein in my hair it just hates it. I have to be so careful when finding conditioner to make sure there are no proteins.

angelfell
October 7th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Garnier Fructis is my go-to. Theres always something out there they make for me whenever my hair misbehaves. If you've got a few extra bucks, see if you can go to the store and pick up the Sleek & Shine deep conditioning treatment. Leave it in wet hair for about 15 minutes and see if it helps. Also, the leave-in conditioner Sleek & Shine works wonders for me when my hair does that.. although I do not have curls, so I cann't gaurantee. Hope you find something that helps!