PDA

View Full Version : Baby hairs a different texture?

audreeov
October 7th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Please ignore my hair classification to the side... my hair has finally grown out of it's perm, and is more of a 1c now and I haven't updated it yet.

However, about two years ago when I was on Yaz birth control, my hair started falling out... When I stopped the birth control, it stopped falling out. About two days ago though, I noticed that ALL of my baby hairs that have grown back since then are around the classification I have listed, 2c to 3a.

Can anyone explain this?

morecowbell
October 7th, 2010, 04:20 PM
From what I've heard, our hair texture can change over the years. It sounds to me like that's what happened... and wouldn't it be awesome if you grew out your perm curls/waves only to have them grow back naturally??? (That's what I want!)
I had curly hair as a child, and then had stick straight hair for awhile, and now it's trying to decide what it wants to do...
Another possibility is that because your baby hairs are so light, and not weighed down by length, they just LOOK wavy, but as they grow out they might straighten out.

Just my two cents :)

audreeov
October 7th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks! My hair is weird, when it's wet it's wurly, and when it's dry it's straight...

Anje
October 7th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Hair texture can definitely change.

That said, my new growth is always on the curly side. After the follicle has made a couple inches, it realizes that it's going for something closer to 1c than 2c and switches over.