PDA

View Full Version : Shower shedding has ceased?

angelfell
October 7th, 2010, 09:09 AM
The reason I'm posting is because I don't know whether I should be ecstatic or worried XD. Sunday I let my hair soak in coconut oil, washed it out, had the normal drain clogging with the hair, la de dah. And then, I didn't wash my hair until yesterday morning. So I was in the shower, and I noticed that, oddly, water wasn't pooling around my ankles like it generally iws. That's because was all going down the drain, as.. why, could it be!, no hair had fallen from my head. Appalled, after my shower, I checked to make sure it wasn't all sticking to my body, and couldn't find more than 1 or 2 hairs. Since I put tooo much oil in that day, I had to take a shower last night as well and.. same thing, no shower hair loss!

My first thought is AWESOME, and then next was.. oh, crap, this doesn't mean it's all going to fall out at once, does it? Just worries me because it happened so suddenly.. my shower shedding didn't gradually decrease or anything, it just totally stopped.

Dreams_in_Pink
October 7th, 2010, 09:57 AM
wow lucky you! :D

Is it possible that you didn't massage your scalp? I shed tons when i do.

angelfell
October 7th, 2010, 10:01 AM
wow lucky you! :D

Is it possible that you didn't massage your scalp? I shed tons when i do.

Nope.. I may have even massaged more. I remember thinking that massaging might help it grow faster, so I sat there and made sure I did a good job XD.

bumblebums
October 7th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Uhmmm. Well, it could be the coconut oil, I don't know. The only thing I know that reduces shedding dramatically is pregnancy.

LocustSpawning
October 7th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Wow, wish I could know what caused it to stop. My hair shedding is awful, and it makes me quite upset :(

angelfell
October 7th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Uhmmm. Well, it could be the coconut oil, I don't know. The only thing I know that reduces shedding dramatically is pregnancy.

O.O. UM. that scared me at first buut, then I remember I can't be because it's.. well.. that 'time' and trust me it's not 'spotting' it's all there. grossANYWAYS. plus, that would take like.. a while, right? it wouldn't just happen right away.

bumblebums
October 7th, 2010, 10:15 AM
The following things help me with shedding (obviously, YMMV):

- Not shampooing. I used to shed wookies before I went no 'poo.
- Not massaging my scalp too often.
- Using cool water to rinse. The colder the water, the less I shed.

angelfell
October 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Wow, wish I could know what caused it to stop. My hair shedding is awful, and it makes me quite upset :(

Welll, I have been taking Biotin as well, 5000mcg daily. That might be it. I've been taking it for about a month and a half now I think, so that may be it kicking in possibly :o never thought about that.

bumblebums
October 7th, 2010, 11:56 AM
By the way, if it only happened this one time, it might be too early for any conclusions. My shedding varies from day to day regardless of what I do. I think my follicles are synchronized somehow to fall out in periodic bursts.

angelfell
October 7th, 2010, 11:58 AM
By the way, if it only happened this one time, it might be too early for any conclusions. My shedding varies from day to day regardless of what I do. I think my follicles are synchronized somehow to fall out in periodic bursts.

I'll have to update Saturday. It happened twice... but we'll see here in a few days. But normally, I will at least shed enough to make the drain clog a little, I've never experienced absolutely no shedding at all.

BrightEyes7
October 7th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I don't shed as much after I do a deep oil treatment.... maybe that is it.

Everyone is different but I definately wouldn't be worried. Less sheddign is always best! :D