PDA

View Full Version : Double Ponytail Trick

Barniie
October 7th, 2010, 05:01 AM
I've watched some youtube tutorials recently of how to make a 'double ponytail' to add the effect of a long ponytail. On, say, classic hair this would make a tiny difference, but on shorter, layered hair it makes alot of difference. Here is my shot:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZfFbfxHi-y4/TK2oAmeg2lI/AAAAAAAAADM/E2fNmNMXb_k/s1600/215701.jpg

Not too shabby eh?
It is alot more obvious in real life though, especially from the side. This effect is made by scooping up the hair from the sides and top and forming a high ponytail, then using the bottom crescent left over to make a second ponytail underneath, a little lower. I think i will wear my hair like this out tomorrow :) What do you think?:cheese:

ETA: Here is the before, a normal ponytail:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZfFbfxHi-y4/TK2pafGiokI/AAAAAAAAADQ/WMis6fUu48o/s1600/220444.jpg

Dragon
October 7th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Looks great:)

julliams
October 7th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Looks great! I posted something like this last year some time. My way is similar but you do like a half up and then take hair from each side around the nape of your neck but leave a long section down the back so you get the length. I think my explanation is a bit crap but I hope the pictures make sense. You need a french barette or flexi to make it look the most convincing. Here are my two shots
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2475/4059105493_3368378521.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3530/4059103801_ae150b6141.jpg

Dragon
October 7th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Amazing how much longer they make your hair look.

Dreams_in_Pink
October 7th, 2010, 09:58 AM
You can get a similar effect by using a banana clip. I was amazed at how long it looked.

sugarpixie10988
October 7th, 2010, 07:05 PM
That's so cool! I'm going to have to try that sometime :) Thanks for sharing!

MrsGuther
October 7th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Looks great! I will definitely have to try that sometime soon!

Mike
October 7th, 2010, 07:18 PM
It's like magic hair growth. Cool.

KristiLe
October 7th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Wow that is awesome! It seems so obvious to do something like that but I never would have thought of it! :) Going to try it tonight!

Barniie
October 7th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Cool :) Thanks guys - I'm trying lots of different hairstyles and i'm also thinking of getting a flexi-8. Any suggestions for a size? I have very fine, slippery hair but quite alot of it, a little wavy blonde hair. Thanks :D

julliams
October 7th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I would go for anything small or smaller. My daughter who has thick hair needs a small for her ponytails. I have everything from a mini to XXL and I use them all.

MrsGuther
October 8th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Holy crap! I just tried out this hairstyle and it is amazing! My ponytail looks like 4 inches longer by doing the double ponytail! L-O-V-E it!!! I will have to put up a picture tomorrow when I get up. :)

Dani
October 8th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Whoa, I'd totally forgotten about this! Back in the day (1990-95 or so) I used to do this with my hair often and I don't even know why, I just thought it was neato, I guess. But my hair was classic and waist length in those times, and if I'd known any better I would've been wearing it in long twin braids all the time instead. :D That's what I'm aspiring to at the moment, heh. :p It's cool that it makes your hair look longer! You've got a fantastic ponytail.

I will remember this, as I sit here with just-past-SL hair.. patiently ignoring it... :D That might be a bit of an oxymoron..

KittyLost
October 8th, 2010, 04:52 AM
That's a really great idea, looks good

podo
October 8th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I've seen this done but without the 2nd ponytail - just leave the center loose. As long as your pony is wider than the free section, you can't really tell that there's a 2nd piece of hair.

But if you're unfortunate enough to be 1a/F/i then your pony isn't thick enough to cover ANY amount of secondary hair. :(

Angeletti
October 8th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I've seen this done but without the 2nd ponytail - just leave the center loose. As long as your pony is wider than the free section, you can't really tell that there's a 2nd piece of hair.

But if you're unfortunate enough to be 1a/F/i then your pony isn't thick enough to cover ANY amount of secondary hair. :(
I'm in that boat as well, I'll still try it but have a feeling it will be noticeable on me but it's worth trying.

Sheltie_Momma
October 8th, 2010, 08:02 AM
You can take a few strands from the higher pony and wrap down and under the lower one, pin it underneath and it pretty well hides it from a side view. I think this is a very pretty look!

FrannyG
October 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM
That really does look lovely, and definitely gives the illusion of a much longer ponytail. Beautiful. :blossom: