PDA

View Full Version : Hair static

JCFantasy23
October 7th, 2010, 12:26 AM
What causes this? If I brush much at all it gets staticky, and sometimes without brushing. I don't think it's frizz, but static.

RachelRain
October 7th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I think it's the lack of humidity in the air (and lack of moisture in the hair.) I wet my brush before doing my ends, and then I spray my hair pretty heavily with my mister before brushing the rest of it to combat that - and in the winter, even that doesn't help, so sometimes I have to break out the Static Guard.

pepperminttea
October 7th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I think it's the lack of humidity in the air (and lack of moisture in the hair.) I wet my brush before doing my ends, and then I spray my hair pretty heavily with my mister before brushing the rest of it to combat that - and in the winter, even that doesn't help, so sometimes I have to break out the Static Guard.

This. Some people do find running dryer sheets over the hair helps, and using wood or bone combs/brushes instead of plastic.

Theobroma
October 7th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Plastic combs and brushes will create static for me every time. But I manage to stay completely static-free with horn combs and wooden brushes.

luxepiggy
October 7th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Static Guard.

I'm serious! It works! (^(oo)^)

JCFantasy23
October 7th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Thanks for advice everyone. So it's a humidity issue? I do have a wooden comb I could keep using if it seems more staticky than usual. I live in Florida so it certainly does get hot here...although we do have humidity, but perhaps not enough for my hair when it gets all weird. :)

UltraBella
October 7th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I live in a VERY dry climate and winters mean tons of static. I hate static guard though. I have found that aloe vera in my hair keeps the static away perfectly :)

white line
October 7th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I recently found that coconut oil gives me static. I stopped using that and static has gone away. Maybe something new you are using that maybe causing static?

RachelRain
October 8th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I live in a VERY dry climate and winters mean tons of static. I hate static guard though. I have found that aloe vera in my hair keeps the static away perfectly :)

you don't like it?! I like it just for the way it smells (no, I don't huff it, I swear.)

to the OP - if it's your house you find the most static - try a humidifier. I usually only use ours if one of us is sick, but I it should help a lot.