PDA

View Full Version : Greenish tint :/

Bianca
October 6th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I love my natural hair color, BUT, it can look very greenish in certain lights. Like this: (I'm the one on the left) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=85123

And in the changing room at work, I try not to look in the mirror.

Considering a henna gloss now.

Maddy25
October 6th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I think its just the flash, the other girls hair looks greenish too, in your sig it looks wonderful :D Your natural colour looks very warm and not at all green to me. Certain lights make my hair a weird colour too sometimes but it does to everyone.

melrose1985
October 6th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't worry to much. I don't really see green in your hair but green over that whole picture. The lighting at work does HORRIBLE things to my hair.

Bianca
October 6th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Your right, maddy25. I only noticed my own hair color, her's do look greenish too :)

spidermom
October 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM
My hair can look greenish under certain lighting conditions as well, also my skin.

little_cherry
October 6th, 2010, 11:50 AM
The white balance in that photo is rather off, so it's not just our hair. My hair looks different in different lighting...it looks a very strange muddy colour under florescent, like fire in the sunrise/sunset, like cherry in the sun during the day, yellowish/brown under incandescent lighting, and dark red in the shade/inside during the day.

Remember that all lighting has a colour; some are warm coloured lights (incandescent, sunrise/sunset), others are closer to the middle (daylight), while other lighting is much cooler (fluorescent)...different lighting affects how our hair looks, which I think is really cool!

MsBubbles
October 6th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I have one of those evil-work locker-room mirrors too! I avoid looking in it. Your friend's hair looks green too. It's the photo/lighting.

Anje
October 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Fluorescent lights can make everyone and everything look green, especially if you don't have the right white balance setting. They add a bit of a greenish cast in my eyes when I look in the mirror, too.

Henna is great stuff, but it's really permanent. Don't base your decision solely on how you look under nasty lighting.

VenusHalley
October 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
My natural color has greenish tint too. But I think normal people don't notice this subliety... just us who spend a lot of time examining ours (and sometimes other's hair).

Not sure about henna... for me it always turned quite red. I love it, but unless you want to have be a redhead... rather do not try it.

adiapalic
October 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Under certain fluorescent lights, my skin, hair, and everything looks absolutely horrible. Tell me again why they put these in dressing rooms? :confused: While flashes can really enhance the shine of hair, it can alter the actual color tones of the hair in photos as well. It's all about your lighting.

Personally, I like to take photos in natural light and put a slight yellow/orange photo filter over that in photoshop to warm it up. (Minus the filter) natural light is not only the most flattering, but the closest there is to realism.
On a side note, I like to wear brown sunglasses when it's bright out; warms up things a little bit, like I've applied my own photo filter to real life. lol :p