PDA

View Full Version : Any young people here with white hair also?

shyone
October 6th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I'm in my early twenties and my hair is getting whiter and whiter.It was 2 days after my 22nd birthday when I discovered a few white hairs and over a year later I have found that my strawberry blonde hair is now begining to look Scandinavian blonde.I find I rather like my white hairs; they are finer than my other hairs for a start.:)

Anybody else going white early?

cmnt831
October 6th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I found my first white hairs at age 19, but they didn't get really noticeable until my 30s. At least, I didn't think they were that noticeable.... Maybe they were to other people. Anyway, they're here to stay now. :D

Oh, I'm still in my 30s, so that's still young, right? :p

Copasetic
October 6th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I am 25 and I found my first grey/white hairs a few years ago, and now I have quite a few. I actually don't like them at all. I pluck them, but I am seriously considering colouring my hair since I seem to keep getting more.

Aside: anyway that Hitler reference could be removed?

angelfell
October 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I googled white hair earlier and I would love to have soft, shiny, healthy white hair. Not even blonde, just white. I think it's pretty. But, unfortunately, I have no whites and the only way I could get there is to bleach my darkkk brown to white.. yeah, right! I dream of lovely white hair some day :(.

MaryLA
October 6th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I have a few gray hairs. I'm 26 and I found my first gray hair when I was 18 or 19. I doesn't bother me too much because I would never color my hair.

aenflex
October 6th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I don't know what you consider young :) But my hair started to grey slightly when I was in my early/mid twenties. Fast forward 5-7 years and I about 5% grey I think? Give or take. My grey is WHITE, and coarse and so very noticable compared to my very dark hair. I hate them.

Aevra
October 6th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I"m not going white, when my hair decides to finally change it will be silver, but yes, my hair is slowly starting to change. I turn 21 this Friday and I have been getting silver hairs since the later part of 8th grade. So for abut 8 years now. Heres to genetics >.>

RitaPG
October 6th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I've had greys since I was 16 or 17. Now at 22 I can't part my hair on the left without having my sister counting my very silver strands :p

shyone
October 6th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I am 25 and I found my first grey/white hairs a few years ago, and now I have quite a few. I actually don't like them at all. I pluck them, but I am seriously considering colouring my hair since I seem to keep getting more.

Aside: anyway that Hitler reference could be removed?

referance removed.

Nastasia
October 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I found my first white hairs at 16. Now, ten years later, I've got a serious silver streak on one side. I call it my Rogue streak. Wouldn't give it up for anything :D.

KristiLe
October 6th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I am 24 and I have dark brown hair...I have a few pale blonde fine hairs, and a couple of pure white thick, coarse hairs...and yesterday I found a CLEAR hair, yes friends it was clear. I thought it was the coolest thing. Not too excited about the white ones though.

boomtownrat
October 6th, 2010, 08:41 PM
My first white hairs started coming in when I was about 14 years old. Although I spent most of my 20s and 30s dyeing it various colours for fun, I know that there was a noticeable amount of grey by the time I was about 27. Now I'm 37 and it's about 98% silver/white, with some iron grey at the hairline near my ears and at the nape.

RachelRain
October 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Mine is actually ash blonde when you inspect it (I think. I'm gonna keep saying that, anyways!), but it looks grey from a distance.

My boyfriend's best friend is... seven or eight months younger than me? Something like that. And more than half her head is already white and grey. Which is eyecatching, because her hair is black.

I'd actually be willing to trade... although I'd be downgrading, because her hair is REALLY short.

kwaniesiam
October 6th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Well my hair was bleached white for a while but that's not quite what you meant. I don't have any white or grey yet but I'm actually looking forward to it.

CelinaStarr
October 6th, 2010, 09:12 PM
My brother is 27 and just found his first gray hairs a few days ago. My hair is still very black in color and we're around the same age.

tyrant1100
October 6th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I actually get to look forward to not getting any white hairs at all. Everyone in my family grows out a sort of flat, brownish-grayish "non-color" as they get older which blends in with their regular browns and reds so there's no way to tell when we start getting those hairs.

My husband, on the other hand, started getting white and silver hairs on his temples around the age of 20. Now in his mid-30s, he's starting to look quite distinguished.

christine1989
October 6th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I get strange "phantom" white hairs that begin growing in whiteish and soon turn dark brown like the rest. Very odd....does anyone else get those?

slz
October 7th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I started greying around 15. By my mid-end-20s I was noticeably grey, now at nearly 39 I dye otherwise my crown / top / temples would be more white than grey.
I wish I didn't start dying though, now with the length I haven't found a way to opt gracefully out of the dyeing business, but working on it.

MrsGuther
October 7th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I'm in my early twenties and I have never found a gray/white hair. The women in my family usually start going gray in their thirties though, so I guess in a few years I will see some grays!

Zaane
October 7th, 2010, 05:43 PM
My friend from high school has a bunch of the most random white strands lol she always thought they were just blond until we really looked it one day and yup....theyre white hairs LOL

constantki
October 7th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I'm 16 and I have an usual amount of gray hairs. Most of them are short and coarse, but are noticeable if you look at my head for more than a passing glance because my natural hair color is so dark.
I have hundreds of the things, and I am actually quite fond of them.

julliams
October 7th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I am a natural strawberry blonde too. I have had white hairs growing in for ages too (can't remember when I found the first ones). It does make me appear to be going blonder too and some of them are finer but some are just as coarse. I'm 37 now and they are coming in more but I still have alot of my colour so I'm ok for a little while longer. You can see them best here

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4504935356_677bdf3f87.jpg

Catia
October 8th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Had a few white stray hairs in my late teens.

Mid 20's had a noticeable amount ~ 2" from hairline on right side. A few white hairs in the eyebrows too.

Early 30's - maybe 30% white, but concentrated only in noticeable areas like hairline/crown and lots in the eyebrows. Maybe adds up to be 45% white on the top of my head and 3% on the rest. I don't know. It's 2am and math makes my brain bleed.

I think my Mother's pure white hair is beautiful. I hate my own. I blame it on my mis-spent youth. I refuse to grow old until I've accomplished being young.:shrug:

mellie
October 8th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I started getting white hairs when I was 19!

Loviatar
October 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Ole Gray Mare is young and has a gorgeous head of silver hair. :)

lapushka
October 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM
For me it gradually started in my thirties, I think. First one or two; now the white hairs are sprinkled throughout my hair. There's one every half an inch or so. They're not that noticeable yet, and some do fall out with the other hairs.

virgo75
October 8th, 2010, 10:52 AM
My mother first found white hairs on my head when I was 5 years old!

Needless to say, I don't equate white/gray hairs with being old. :p

BrightEyes7
October 8th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I have found a few already. The first probably around 18. I'm naturally blonde but dye my hair brown so it kinda looks like my blonde roots growing in (I go like 12-15 weeks between coloring) but they are 1. almost clear 2. a lot coarser than the rest of my hair.

I pull them out.... :o

I also have a lot in my eyebrows, mostly along the top edge of my brow. But I darken them with brow gel.

lw8666
October 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I am 23 I have a cluster of about 10-15 white/gray hairs near my temple. I have dark brown hair, so it's very noticeable. I noticed my very first at about age 20. I used to pluck them until my friend told me to embrace them.

LocustSpawning
October 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
A lot of young people seem to be actually bleaching their hair so much that it turns white purpously these days, so I don't think you have anything to worry about! Also, I like a few white hairs amongst darker hair colours, it looks unique :)

Siava
October 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I noticed a few whites at 20. At 33 I've got a few thin whites streaks and loads of steel gray in the front.

Siava
October 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I am 23 I have a cluster of about 10-15 white/gray hairs near my temple. I have dark brown hair, so it's very noticeable. I noticed my very first at about age 20. I used to pluck them until my friend told me to embrace them.

Good friend. ;)

willowcandra
October 8th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I developed Vitiligo(auto immune disease that attacks pigment) at 26 and it has given me a broad white area at the side and a white eyebrow and lashes on the same side. It was spreading but I have dyed it. I'm slowly growing it out again now with semi colours. I'm ready to rock the look.

I look at myself and then laugh at people who worry about a strand or two.

My only concern is that the hair is so white and the skin under it so white that my hair looks very thin in that area

cmnt831
October 8th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I developed Vitiligo(auto immune disease that attacks pigment) at 26 and it has given me a broad white area at the side and a white eyebrow and lashes on the same side. It was spreading but I have dyed it. I'm slowly growing it out again now with semi colours. I'm ready to rock the look.

I look at myself and then laugh at people who worry about a strand or two.

My only concern is that the hair is so white and the skin under it so white that my hair looks very thin in that area

I've noticed the same thinness as my hair gets whiter. I keep thinking my hair line is receding and my part is getting wider. It's not really, it's just the illusion of the white hair/white scalp thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices this on their own hair. :o

nellreno
October 8th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I'm in my early twenties, and I have a couple silvers already. A few women on my mother's side went gray early, maybe it's hereditary in my case. I don't pluck them out though, they give nice highlights in my hair.

sukhi_v1023
October 8th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I'm 25, and I found my first couple of silver/white hairs a few months ago. At first, I loved them. Then I started to worry about them. But I realized that it's actually quite beautiful. As a result, I have found a few more. :-)

taliarose
October 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I've never felt the need to worry about white hair. I was born with about a dozen strands. Now they just have a lot of reinforcements. They are only noticable some of the time and when I haven't colored my hair... Funny thing is I color my hair to change the color. Not hide the whites.

Wish my hair was black...

Siava
October 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I've noticed the same thinness as my hair gets whiter. I keep thinking my hair line is receding and my part is getting wider. It's not really, it's just the illusion of the white hair/white scalp thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices this on their own hair. :o

I've noticed it, too. The grays and whites are thinner than the rest of the strands. It's not a bad thing per se, just different.

Johanna
October 9th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I found my first white hair at 17. I don't have a ton, they blend in like little ninjas. I don't mind them, I've accepted my fate and find that growing my natural hair back instead of dying it is so freeing.

Jules diamond
October 9th, 2010, 07:38 AM
My friend's brother started growing white hairs at about 16, he's now 20 and half and half. He quite likes them. :3