PDA

View Full Version : What Causes a Triangle Head

Dragon
October 6th, 2010, 02:57 AM
I was just wondering what causes a triangle head? I use to have one the first time I started growing my hair with regular trims but this time around I decided to not trim and my triangle head hasn't came back. Also can a triangle head happen at any length?

Barniie
October 6th, 2010, 03:22 AM
I believe it is thick hair that has been cut 'blunt' and therefore the ends fill out into a triangleish shape. But don't ask me :)

luxepiggy
October 6th, 2010, 03:27 AM
What is a triangle head??

Jenn of Pence
October 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
(bump) I also want to know...what is this mystical triangle head that I keep hearing about?

eyesofsummer
October 8th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I've heard it over at the curly & wurly thread...basically it's when your hair is triangular (small-ish at the top, then flairs out like a triangle would at the hemline). It's not the most flattering of looks. It's part of the reason that I'm growing my hair out; the more hair, the less it sticks out to the left and right!

baaaad_kitty
October 8th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I've seen this triangle head around. When the hair is almost all one length, it fans out = triangle head. Perhaps you could find a good hair stylist who will not touch the length, but give you nice shape? I do know they cut in some layers for that

pennylane
October 8th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Triangle hair ladies! Yep.... there you have it! It can be longer of course ... which means .... more triangle :rolleyes:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/mikisu/RosannaDanna_s.jpg

TinaDenali
October 8th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Eeep! Yep, I had a triangle head the ONE time I tried a blunt cut. My hair was just about 1 inch above APL and my ends were so thick and JUST starting to curl. My hair tends to be rather straight on top and then go into curls, so the look was just bad on me. I've kept my hair layered since then.

LittleOrca
October 8th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I think it comes from playing too much Silent Hill (or watching the movie too much.)

Oh wait... that's Pyramid head. ;)

Katurday
October 8th, 2010, 11:49 PM
I think it comes from playing too much Silent Hill (or watching the movie too much.)

Oh wait... that's Pyramid head. ;)
I love you so much for that reference. :crush:

Even straighties can get it, all you need is a blunt cut, shoulders, thicker hair and a mountain of frizz like me!

MissManda
October 9th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Triangle head is when your hair is flat/normal-looking at the top of your head while the length of your hair goes POOF all the way down to the hemline. Layered hair can get it too, so I don't think one's hair needs to be in a blunt cut but it probably helps.

Triangle head is not to be confused with mushroom head, which is where your roots stick straight up/out and the length curves downward to give a fluffy but smooth-ish effect (I hope that makes sense). This, my friends, is why I cannot stand bobs and shorter hairstyles on myself. ;) When my hair is that short, it doesn't show a lot of the wave that I have now, so it looks like a mostly smooth helmet of hair. Gack!

Dreams_in_Pink
October 9th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I never see it happen on a straight 1a. It's usually a frizzy, wavy, thick hair thing, when the hemline is blunt cut.

Looks pretty awesome when styled though.

Dragon
October 9th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Thanks for all you replies.

ravenreed
October 9th, 2010, 02:54 AM
If I have shortish hair and no layers, I get crazy triangle head.