PDA

View Full Version : Convincing DBF to grow longer

salls
October 5th, 2010, 01:41 PM
My DBF has beautiful post-BSL length hair, yay you might think but no. He is coming up to his yearly chop at christmas time he gets the entire years growth 7-8 inches cut of. He likes to have long hair and but dosen't care how long it is he get the trim (if I can call it that) to neaten it up, but really there isn't much need for it I S&D his hair and he has a reasonably thick hemline. I think he is about 2-3" from waist and I think it would be lovely if he got it to there and kept it at that length.

He only wears his hair in a low pony (occasionally he will allow me to bun it) and hence the length of the hair dosen't really matter. So I was thinking if I can show him that there are more things he can do with it/ put in it he might consider going the extra couple of inches and for going the yearly axe.

So any ideas for male friendly (don't worry he isn't uber masculine) toys/ styles? (FYI his hair is probably 2c,m,ii)

CourtneyBee
October 5th, 2010, 01:49 PM
#1) you are one lucky gal
#2) I used my celtic knot flexi-8 in DBF's hair for a half up while he was playing guitar and he LOVED that it kept his shorter layers out of his face. He's got really delicate features and a strong jaw so I think it made him look like a total stud.

I plan on ordering him a custom flexi with the celtic knot as a center bead

http://www.flexi8.com/0036.html

and the accent beads very small and plain like the ones in this design

http://www.flexi8.com/flex/images/items/1541.jpg

Does he cut it off completely? That seems like such a strange time to chop too, I bet his poor head goes into shock from the cold! Better knit him a hat for the holidays just in case;)

salls
October 5th, 2010, 01:54 PM
No not all of it off, just a little above APL, I have no idea why it's Christmas time that he cuts his hair he just does, the flexi 8 plan is a good idea a friend and I are oredering a couple soon (so we can combine P&P as we are in the UK). When they arive I will attact him with one.

Gumball
October 5th, 2010, 01:58 PM
One guy chiming in! I get by most days with a bun held with a hairstick. The stick is colored in earthen tones, so it's not very flashy. My go-to style used to be a braided cinnabun, but for the sake of being quick it's now a nautilus bun. Fast, easy, looks fine, and holds strong. It keeps the length up, too. I tend to avoid having the length down and loose.

It's really nice that you help him maintain it. Whatever he decides in the end, good on him.