PDA

View Full Version : A good hairdresser

julliams
October 5th, 2010, 06:40 AM
My local hairdresser is a real gem. She has had her hair short in the past but this time I noticed that it was up in a ponytails so I asked her if she was growing it - she has been for two years (shows how often I go there - lol)

We got talking about how long it takes to grow hair and this and that and she said that the last hairdresser she went to "butchered" her hair - cut it way shorter than she wanted and she had told her she was growing it.

I asked her if she mentioned that she was a hairdresser and she said she never does as she wants a real client experience which she said alot of hairdressers lose touch with.

We got talking about LHC and I told her how many people have had horror stories where too much gets cut off - how they ask for an inch and up to 6 inches gets trimmed etc etc etc.

She said she agreed but showed me her comb which has inch markings on it. She said "how can they get it wrong when it's right there on their combs???" And that is here in Australia where we use the metric system.

It's so nice to have found someone who "gets it". I wasn't in there to cut my hair - son was having his "Justin Bieber" style hair done - at 9!!!!! LOL - he is adorable.

UltraBella
October 5th, 2010, 06:58 AM
That's wonderful ! And yes, it's on our combs here as well. I know many very talented hairstylists and unfortunately I know many awful ones as well. None in my salon though ! They are a fantastic group of stylists :)