PDA

View Full Version : Second Conditioner Rinse Question

Dragon
October 5th, 2010, 04:31 AM
When Co Washing is it necessary to use a second lot of conditioner?

Adora Belle
October 5th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I think it all depends on how you feel. I've CO'ed both ways. I've found as my hair got longer, the ends were drier. I started out just using Suave Naturals Coconut conditioner and nothing else, but now that my hair is BSL I use Garnier Fructis' Triple Nutrition on the ends. I only assume that as my hair grows the ends will get longer.

Deborah
October 5th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I never do. I figure my hair has had just about enough conditioner on it by the time I rinse it out.

lillithnight
October 5th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I do if im cowashing. I use one that cleanse and has enough slip to detangle then one that has more moisture to really condition.

sunrain
October 6th, 2010, 12:18 AM
I don't, at least not yet. I'm doing pretty well between oiling, CO, and clarifying every single wash.

BelleBot
October 6th, 2010, 02:41 AM
When I used to CO it'd depend how I felt my hair was feeling before I washed it. If it was feeling a bit dry at the ends I'd CO with my normal conditioner then afterwards apply a heavier richer conditioner on the just the length and ends.

BelleBot
October 6th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Whoops double post

Athena's Owl
October 6th, 2010, 03:32 AM
When Co Washing is it necessary to use a second lot of conditioner?

I do. I do my initial Co wash with suave or vo5, etc, and that's on my scalp and gently massaged down the length. then after a very thorough rinse, I use a thicker conditioner for combing through.

i do this because i cannot detangle my hair without it being saturated with conditioner, and suave isn't enough to do the job on its own.

FrannyG
October 6th, 2010, 06:11 AM
I use one conditioner, but I use a pea-sized amount of conditioner as a leave-in after I remove my towel.

It all depends on what your hair needs. Everyone is different.

Carolyn
October 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM
It all depends on what your hair needs. A light CO conditioner is not enough for my hair on a regular basis. I always use a second heavier conditioner. My ends drink up conditioner and I like heavily moisturized hair. However I only rarely use a leave in.