PDA

View Full Version : (Thread) Oath to not cut bangs/fringe

evampr18
October 4th, 2010, 04:26 PM
[quosiorpew'ap'ote][/quote]q U O T E

WritingPrincess
October 4th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Hang in there! Once they get to about mouth-length, you can tuck them behind your ear. The first three months I was growing out my fringe, I actually had orthodontic headgear, and I just tucked them under every day. It was wonderful. I've now kept them jaw length for a year or more, and I love them.

Krentje
October 4th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I will keep growing until infinity and beyond! :rockerdud:

So who wants to sign up with me?

Oof, i signed girl! :cheese: I hereby declare not to cut-burn-trim or by any other means shorten my outgrowing bangs (since May 2010), untill they will reach a decent length, lets say chin and beyond.

Should we give ourselves a little treat for every 2 weeks no fringe trim? :D

evampr18
October 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM
If by treat you mean cookies, then yes.

Lady Mary
October 4th, 2010, 05:36 PM
If by treat you mean cookies, then yes.

Currently growing some fringe out... Can I get some of those cookies? :eyebrows:

redneckprincess
October 4th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I last cut mine mid May. And plan not to cut trim them again

Luckysock
October 4th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Oh man, I'm in too. I finally have grown mine to chin - but you know, they bother me just as much! I can wear them back when I put my hair up - but when I wear my hair down they stand out and they just ruin it for me :S can't wait until I can put them over my shoulder and pretend they aren't there.

tinti
October 4th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Me too wanna join the cookie party! Grown mine out since Mid-May as well.

JenniferNoel
October 4th, 2010, 07:51 PM
I am signing in. I cut my bangs for the last time ever and figured, go big or go to sleep, so I cut them just above the eyebrows and loved them. Now to grow them back out, I've been pinning/slicking them back every day in to the rest of my bunned hair, and it's working like a charm. They're just at "poke eye" level.

evampr18
October 4th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Luckysock- That is awesome you are at chin, i wish i was. It's better than my nose picking bangs.

JenniferNoel- I love your default pic. P.s. I hate the "poke eye" stage. Boooo!

P.s. Everyone can have cookies! I am so happy everyone is as excited as me for growing them out. It is also nice I am not alone in this. Let's get each other through eye poking bangs, nose picking bangs, and teeth flossing bangs. ;p

ukuleleclaire
October 4th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I'll sign up! Styling mine every day is getting pretty tiring.

Current bangs: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5270&pictureid=83441

Sundial
October 4th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I have never had my fringe long :( Whenever I get past the eyes, I keep wondering if I should grow them out but I never did.

This time I want to make sure I grow them out and know once and for all if long fringe suits me better or not :mad:

UltraBella
October 5th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Whoops, saw this about twenty minutes too late. I just cut bangs !!!! Literally, in my bathroom, a few minutes ago. Lol. Guess I can't join the party.......
Happy growing and good luck !

Octave
October 5th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Only had bangs when I was little, which was quite cute. However, don't think I would like having it now as I can't stand having hair in my eyes/forehead. So I made a promise to never cut bangs...pretty sure I would regret it straight away anyways.

Lize
October 5th, 2010, 04:09 AM
I don't remember when I cut mine but they are now mouth length and I am growing them out to blend with the rest of my hair. Bangs do suit me but I want hair as thick as possible and having bangs steals too much thickness I guess.

I am in an awkward length right now I think. Even though as someone said I can now tuck them behind my ears. I think at mouth length (on me at least) the look like I am growing them out. At a little shorter the length could've been intentional. Now I long for when they are passed chin length and will look like layers. I have other layers (which I am also growing out) so they will blend in fairly well me thinks.

Kris Dove
October 5th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I've been growing out my bangs since around last xmas, they're just past my chin now, and the rest of my hair(after a recent big chop due to a major shed caused by illness) is shoulder length.

Question is, should I maintain till the bangs catch up....?

Krentje
October 5th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Whoops, saw this about twenty minutes too late. I just cut bangs !!!! Literally, in my bathroom, a few minutes ago. Lol. Guess I can't join the party.......
Happy growing and good luck !

Thank you UltraBella! Its not that we are against bangs, at least not me, but at the moment they just annoy us. Hope you will stay happy with it for a long time, and when not, you can always join us :p

And cookies or cheese (:cheese:) sound great! We can somehow report back every month or so on our progress/scissor-resistance,
for a cookie...

Miss Misha
October 5th, 2010, 10:14 AM
/raises hand/ Ooo me! Pick me! :D

Been growing out since, I dunno, April? May? Maybe sub-consciously since the "long layers" fiasco of February. I'm at lip stage and juuuuuust able to tuck behind my ears on the shortest part. However, the hair will not stay behind my ears. I finally gave up and went to the beauty store for some small clips to hold it in place.

FWIW, I started growing out my bangs when I realized the reason I fry-dried, and used most product was to get those dang-gum bangs to stay in place. Now I don't have to pack a blow dryer plus three extra products when I travel, just those cute little clips from the beauty store. That's a trade off I can live with.:cheese:

evampr18
October 5th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you UltraBella! Its not that we are against bangs, at least not me, but at the moment they just annoy us. Hope you will stay happy with it for a long time, and when not, you can always join us :p

And cookies or cheese (:cheese:) sound great! We can somehow report back every month or so on our progress/scissor-resistance,
for a cookie...

Yea, I definitely love bangs. That is why I got them, but now I realize they don't suit me. So that's why I am growing.

Plus, i want cookies.

rags
October 5th, 2010, 02:49 PM
My bangs suit me extremely well, but I HATE having them in my face! I hadn't had bangs in at least 20 years and decided to cut them in. BIG mistake! I liked them for a little while and then couldn't stand them. I haven't cut them since.....May or June?

Mine are just past my mouth except for a piece about 1/3 inch wide. I clipped my bangs back yesterday as I always do except in new 'stay put" contour clips. The clip broke my hair right off at that section. Now it's about an inch long and sticks straight up when I pull the rest back. :rolleyes: I'm never cutting bangs again. NEVER!

Fairlight63
October 5th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I want to join your club also. I don't remember when I cut them last but they are about an inch past the nose.
I like bangs but HATE them in my face! they tickle my face & bug me, so I clip them back.

evampr18
October 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
You can all join, were in it together :)

Regan
October 7th, 2010, 05:10 PM
i'm the exact same way as you. i *LOVE* bangs on other people, they look terrible on me. it makes me sad. so i'm growing them out :(

MrsGuther
October 7th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I will have to look for a picture of me with fringe/bangs. Ughh I look hideous with bangs! So I definitely will not be cutting any!!

sonng
October 7th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I grew out my bangs all the way to my shoulders by 2009 (took me a year) but two months ago after promising my self to never ever cut bangs, I cut them again. Ugh and I REGRET IT. So i'll sign up, it'll help me to never go through that again.:(

Hana212
October 7th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Can I join even if I have been trying to grow mine out since Jan 2009 and have only had trims .. its past chin now, but still annoying because its the only short part out of all my hair

xxx

Hana212
October 7th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Ohh and mines a side fringe (bang) does that count??

desuvsdeath
October 7th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I'm at just about cheek-bone length (a little longer on the outside, a little shorter in the middle)... I'm just sort of letting them grow as a trial run... I don't think I like me without bangs, but it's been so long since I haven't had SOME type of fringe, I wonder if it might look good. ;D

evampr18
October 7th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Ohh and mines a side fringe (bang) does that count??
Of course silly, you can all join. The more the merrier. Well, for me at least because I won't feel like I am alone. I am thinking we could post our progress pictures too. I love seeing progress pictures :)

Dreams_in_Pink
October 8th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Count me in. I tried everything i can to make my bangs look nice, but my hair texture just won't let me. I might not have time to wash & straighten them every time i go out :( It's currently brushing my upper lip, I'm hoping it'll reach my chin in the middle of 2011.

Brianna
October 8th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I'm definitely joining this. I've been growing out my bangs for a few months now, and they're at the end of my nose at the moment. Can't wait until they rejoin the rest of my hair. :p

sukhi_v1023
October 8th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Oh yes. I need to join you guys. I had cut side bangs about a year ago, decided they looked sexy on others, and was convinced they'd look sexy on me. Sexy looking? Yes. Annoying? Hell yes!

Luckily I managed to grow the bangs out all the way and the hair eventually blended in with the rest of my length. But, I really liked my bangs when they were about chin length and longer.

So... on my next visit to the hair salon, I asked for CHIN LENGTH side bangs. They went all they way back up to my brows. Stupid stupid stupid!

So now, I am growing them out again. They're all lip flossing level. So close to chin length! Eeek!

I don't know if I'll ever get bangs again, even though chin length is so absolutely lovely and easy to manage. It's just that silly hairstylists who turn a request for CHIN LENGTH (!) bangs into above the brow level REALLY irritate and upset me! And do I REALLY want to have to deal with growing my bangs out again?

*sighs*

I shall join you, and have cookies. Or maybe brownies. And cheese.

Johanna
October 9th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I vowed to stop cutting my fringe/bangs....three years ago now? When I first started growing they were eyeebrow length, now they're to my belly button! Only a few inches from the rest of the length. So very close!

evampr18
October 9th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I vowed to stop cutting my fringe/bangs....three years ago now? When I first started growing they were eyeebrow length, now they're to my belly button! Only a few inches from the rest of the length. So very close!

EEEeeekkk! Inspiration! :D Congrats

evampr18
October 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
It's just that silly hairstylists who turn a request for CHIN LENGTH (!) bangs into above the brow level REALLY irritate and upset me! And do I REALLY want to have to deal with growing my bangs out again?

*sighs*

I shall join you, and have cookies. Or maybe brownies. And cheese.

THAT is exactly why I don't go to salons anymore. But I cut my own bangs so I vow to stick to my profession(not hairdressing) Haha.

sukhi_v1023
October 9th, 2010, 02:27 PM
He he he! You're brave evmpr. The last time I tried to trim my bangs myself, it wasn't such a pretty sight.

evampr18
October 23rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
Any updates anyone :)

FoxRain
October 23rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
I'm in. People love to persuade me to always cut them, but this time I'm putting my foot down.
I simply LOVE the look of bangs as long as the rest of ones hair.
Mine are currently at mouth-length.

UltraBella
October 24th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Uhm, I posted earlier about just cutting bangs. I think I have had them about two weeks now and I am already bored and wanting to grow them out, lol.
It's not that I don't like them, because they look really nice, I think I just always want what I don't have !

lesbia
October 24th, 2010, 01:54 AM
my last fringe cut was in february, 8 mounths ago :) I stop cutting it, now it is 16 cm longer! :D good grow to everybody

marimara
October 24th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I cut bangs in April, want them gone already. Been growing for about 1 month and a half. Poke-eye level too. My hair is so fine and slippery that it's the biggest pain to get them to stay out of my eyes. I try the side-swept look but my natural center part makes that difficult.

evampr18
October 24th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Lesbia That is so awesome. 16 cm???WOW!Also, your air is so longm longer than mine. Remember we had similar growth? Well you've beat me. :)

I cannot wait for my fringe to be by my mouth like FoxRain

Krentje
October 24th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Just checking in to tell i did NOT cut, pfffff. I had very good hair growth this month, however not very good growth of my former bangs... They are still poking on my nose and a bunch is poking my cheeks (i had cut very thick bangs in May). I envy some of you who reported a substantial length already, like Lesbia and Foxrain, and feel for you Marimara!
Keep ignoring!

MissCoco
October 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I might've already joined here, but I don't remember... pff, silly me. :p Either way, I'm definitely in! Bangs fit me, but they're way too much care. It's better if your hair is naturally straight, not wurly like mine...

So, anyway, I've been growing some bangs- now layers- for about a year (started in Oct. '09, I think) and they've gone from eye-poking level to shoulder length, so I'm really happy. :cheese: And I'm also growing out bangs which have gone from eyebrow length to nose length in about 5-6 months or so. I've had particularly good growth in September/October now that I've started keeping my hair oiled about 3 days per week. :eyebrows:

evampr18
October 27th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Marimara I hate eye-poke level . Argh!

MissCoco Welcome! I envy you. I wish I had shoulder length back :(

evampr18
October 28th, 2010, 06:11 PM
PROGRESS FROM JUNE T0 OCTOBER :)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2i0ywc0.jpg

Tabihito
October 28th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Mine are at that absolutely infuriating length when they're just barely too short to tuck behind my ears. So aggravating, just makes me want to chop them off again, but no! I know I've just a month or so to go before they're long enough to get there, and then it's mostly smooth sailing. Anyway, I've been growing mine out since July or so as well. Maybe June, maybe August, definitely before I came back to school.

rapunzelna
October 29th, 2010, 06:13 AM
I done the grow 'em out, cut em back numerous times. Right now mine are just long enough to cover my eyes.

The longest I've had them is several inches below shoulder length, which you think would be long enough for them to either stay tucked behind my ears, or even my back. But I have a natural side part and not matter what, they would always fall in my face.

I actually love that look....long bangs covering one eye, but no matter what I did I couldn't keep them out of my face. It got kind of annoying always looking out of one eye. Then again, sometimes i get the itch to grow them out again because I do love long long bangs - at least the way they look.

aenflex
October 29th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Below are my bangs currently. I won't cut until Feb, which will be 6 months since my last trim. I never have liked my bangs short and it's very easy for me to vow never to cut them :)
excuse the photo quality - this was taken with my blackberry in crap lighting in my offce...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PMbnIUT4uVE/TMrvXVIcimI/AAAAAAAAABc/6Auo7gB9nzc/s1600/bangs.jpg

evampr18
February 28th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Anyone cut? Hehehe, Mine are this length:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6316&pictureid=95620

Roscata
March 1st, 2011, 12:43 AM
I am ready to make this oath because bangs are a pain in my hair styling and always have been! I haven't cut them in about 5 months, they are currently at lip length.

NouvelleNymphe2
March 3rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
I'm certainly in. I dream of hair that is ALL ONE LENGTH. So I take the oath NOT to chop fringe EVER again :).

Zefyra
March 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
Im in! I dont know that I want to grow my bangs out completely.. But I definitely want them longer! They are currently between nose and upper lip. Too short to tuck behind me ears and have them stay.. But at least they blend in fairly well when my hair's down... Ive been actively growing mine since about... September I think. Started with a blunt cut just below my eybrows. Ive trimmed a few times to reshape them a bit... Not bad progress!

cantom03
March 3rd, 2011, 01:46 PM
I'm in too, no trims/cuts on the bangs and the cookies, I have a few boxes from the girl scouts-yum! I've been growing out since Oct. 2010 and am at lip.

Veviticus
March 3rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
I have been trying to grow out my "bangs" too. I'm so tired of them, I don't know what to do, so I'm in!

jujube
March 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
I'm in! My bangs aren't that short compared to the rest of my hair though, so I have an advantage :)

MeganE
March 9th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I've been on the fence about cutting bangs. I might go for it, at least it's not as drastic as cutting all your hair off! ...then again, maybe not. I can't decide!

mrs_coffee
March 10th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Gah, I need to stop cutting bangs. I get them grown out to around the bottom of my nose and then end up impulsively cutting them. I just cut them a week or so ago, loved them for a few days and then was annoyed by them. Always, always happens that way but for some reason I never learn.

I actually think I look better with bangs, but they annoy the heck out of me after a while.

Maddy25
March 10th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Oh! I must join! I have had bangs all my life, They suit my face and all, but I've been growing them out for over a year and I really want to know what it feels like to pull ALL of my hair back off my face. Everytime I see pics of myself with a fringe I start thinking maybe they looked best.....but I have to at least try without them :) At the moment my fringe is the longet it's ever been, reaches past my chin.

Oksana
March 10th, 2011, 03:55 PM
This thread is so 'me' at the moment. I have had a fringe for 9 years and would like to see what i look like without one!

My fringe is about half an inch longer than i normally have it and i would like to grow it to just below chin level.

I know i am going to find it difficult not to cut, plus my mum loves my fringe so i doubt i will get much support from her:p

Fairlight63
March 10th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I haven't cut my bangs in over a yr. now. They are FINALLY at chin length & will stay back out of my face more:cheese:

Now, I just have to remember NOT to cut them in again in a weak moment thinking "do I look better with bangs, hmm" that thinking does me in. Got to remember just how MUCH I hated them in my face & NEVER laying right.