PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

fireflycatching
May 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new here!

I've loved long hair all my life, but sadly my parents didn't, so I had quite short hair most of my childhood. Finally I grew it out down 3/4 of my back, but I straightened and blow-dried it every day so it was really damaged.. I hadn't realized how much I was damaging my hair! One day I had this envy for a change (you guys must know this feeling!) so I got it cut right above BSL. Geez, did I regret it!

I found this site the day after I got it cut (last month) and I've been lurking and taking advice of how to grow my hair and keep it healthy at the same time- quite a feat! I've been taking Biotin capsules, restricting my straightening to once a week, air-drying all the time, using rosemary oil treatments or olive oil once a week and tying my hair into semi-tight ponytails/braids nearly all the time. Phew! I've been considering horse shampoo like Mane n' tail, have any of you had successes with it?

Wow, sorry about the long intro haha, can't wait to learn more about everything and meet you all. I love looking at everyone's pictures and daydreaming of having Rapunzel hair like some of you have! :P

Mary <><
May 25th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Welcome aboard! :waving: Your hair will be that long again before you know it! Sounds like you are well on your way to maintaining strong and healthy hair!

florenonite
May 26th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Welcome from a fellow Canadian! It sounds like you've already learned a lot about healthy hair, and you'll learn even more the more time you spend here.

fatmoogas
May 26th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Sounds like you've always had very long hair.

fireflycatching
May 30th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome :)