PDA

View Full Version : Lemongrass Essential Oil

RadiantNeedle
October 4th, 2010, 04:28 AM
I love this stuff. I love it in conventional products, and in oil burners, but I've never done anything else with it. Tonight I think I might put 2 drops into my 5Star Aldi conditioner for a CO, because I hate the smell of the condish and would like to treat my scalp to something good, then maybe a teeny bit in some coconut oil to moisturise my face and chest. And maybe a drop in my ACV rinse! *obsessed*

Who else uses Lemongrass EO? What do you use it for? Do you have stories or recipies to share? :)

Dragon
October 4th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I sniff it when im bord and use it in my moisturiser.

motormuffin
October 4th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I have some deodorant from etsy made with lemongrass. I also have a facial scrub with it in there. I add it to a shampoo base I have and also some hair oil.

clairenewcastle
October 4th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Lemongrass essential oil has irritated the skin on the back of my hands in the past.
Therefore despite it's wonderful smell, it's one oil I'd never allow to touch my skin again.

girlcat36
October 4th, 2010, 06:38 PM
It makes a good spider repellent spray. About 30 drops in a quart of water, with a little dish soap.
Spiders are said to hate it, seems like it works around my house.

bumblebums
October 4th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I use it in my homemade deodorant! It's the usual coconut-cornstarch-baking soda mix. I add a few drops of lemongrass and lavender EO. It's heavenly.

RadiantNeedle
October 5th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Well! My scalp feels pretty damn awesome, best scalp for the last few weeks.
I certainly used too much lemongrass EO, because my hair is a bit oilier than I'd like, plus coconut oil for a pre-wash soak. BUT! It smells lovely! And I used it in my ACV rinse. I think with some tweaking I can get the ratio perfect!

Milui Elenath
October 5th, 2010, 09:20 PM
It makes a good spider repellent spray. About 30 drops in a quart of water, with a little dish soap.
Spiders are said to hate it, seems like it works around my house.

Yes and also fleas and various other insects. Plus it's great as an immune booster. I love using it around the house - I love how it smells so fresh. But I don't use it on me, on me I love other scents.

RadiantNeedle
October 6th, 2010, 05:16 AM
I'm certainly going to experiment with other scents down the track, once I can afford to get them! What sorts of scents do you use, Milui Elenath?

Milui Elenath
October 7th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I am/was an aromatherapist so I have lots of EO's but my favourite is bergamot. I also love ylang ylang, ginger . . . there's so many to love!