PDA

View Full Version : Epiphany: Poo is the Devil!

JuneBride
October 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
I just had an epiphany!!! I am a very new member. I joined last month and as soon as I read about the washing methods I decided to CO everyday. My hair loved it. But I also read about the possiblity of needing to clarify, so my plan was to S&C by the CWC method with Infusium (something my hair loves) once a week on Sundays after heavy coconut-oiling my length.

So, it's Sunday...I just took a shower and shampooed and conditioned using the CWC washing method after I heavy oiled my length with coconut oil and left it on for a few hours....this is all after I CO'd for the last week with VO5 or Suave....and I realized my hair really isn't that happy at all. It felt stripped. It actually felt dry-out and rough...even when it was wet! I had to put in some aveno leave-in I found under my sink to detangle it. That is NEVER my experience after CO washing! CO washing leaves my hair absolutely luxurious and tangle-free!

So, I went in my bedroom, overturned a tote of clothes and went in the bathroom and removed every product (and there was MANY) from my bathroom except my VO5 and Suave conditioners for COing and my jar of coconut oil for occasional oiling. When I go to the store tomorrow I will pick up a bottle of VO5 or Suave shampoo just to have on hand if I need to clarify.

But I am pledging to my hair right now to CO!!!! and NO MORE SHAMPOO. Shampoo is the Devil!

Sanyia
October 3rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Conditioner takes away the coconut oil nicely, for me. I put it on with my hair still dry. I do shampoo very occasionally with diluted non-sulfate shampoo, when needed. Dilution is key, a little goes a long ways!

liagibba
October 4th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I had the same epiphany about 2 months ago and haven't shampooed since :) Welcome!

Captain Nikki
October 5th, 2010, 03:47 AM
I too had the same epiphany a few months back & started a thread about it. Shampoo makes my hair feel disgusting. The only time i poo now is a few days before getting my hair coloured (which i have done every 3 months) & i use Redken Cleansing poo, just to make sure there is no build up which may interfere with the colouring process. My hair loves cone free CO washing, which i've been doing for 10 months now.

RachelRain
October 5th, 2010, 04:02 AM
I need shampoo for the heavier oils sometimes (olive and the like, depends on how much I stick in my hair) but otherwise conditioner gets enough out that it's not a big deal. I put so much conditioner in my hair anyways when it's dry that I'm not sure it'd matter if I got it all out lol.

I'm trying CO for a second time and getting pretty decent results with it. I've noticed a cream conditioner as opposed to the regular stuff seems to help, also.

Toadstool
October 5th, 2010, 05:05 AM
When I tried CO it made my hair feel nicer but look lank and greasy :-(

alwayssmiling
October 5th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Its taken me a long time and lots of experimenting but I have finally found (89p :))a conditioner that cleanses as good as any shampoo I have used. I now know that my coarse hairs hate shampoo, they stick out in a fuzzy halo. I have a SLS free shampoo for when I oil my hair and thats all I really need to keep my hair in good condition. BTW coconut oil seems to come out fine for me when I CO wash.

Any UKers who are interested in CO washing I would highly recommend Boots Mint and Rosemary conditioner (for greasy hair). Its by far the best I have found for CO washing, I have decent looking hair for a couple of days using this. :cheese:

BelleBot
October 5th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I had that epiphany about 10 months ago, but now I've moved areas CO no longer works for me so I'm learning to use Poo again in small amounts! :p