PDA

View Full Version : Pm and email question

Alley Cat
March 11th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I noticed when I received a email notification of a pm that the whole message , my post, the other members post are written in full in the email.
We used to just get an email with which member was sending us a pm and had to go onto LHC to read it ,will that return or is there a way to just have that option?
I like receiving emails of a new pm , but don't like the fact they are opened up in the email , not so private that way. :confused:

Jennifer
March 11th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I actually find it rather convenient myself, sometimes I don't have time to get to the boards when I receive the notice or I just click on the link and don't bother to read it there.

I suppose the system is assuming that your email is private to you also. If it's not private or is a shared email account, perhaps it'd be best if you turned the PM notifications off or change the email account listed in your LHC settings to a more private one?

Alley Cat
March 12th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Ok thank you for that Jennifer:)

Raederle
March 12th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I figure that anybody I contact from here is someone I'd gladly share email addys with anyway. In fact, I'd often wished in the last month that I had emails for the people who weren't over at TBB. I have an address specific to LHC and TBB, so I know anything in there is related to those wonderful places.