PDA

View Full Version : What do you mean by 'heavy oiling'?

hmmm
October 3rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
I think many of us understand it in very different ways - what I call a heavy oiling is way too heavy by some peoples' standards. So I thought we should have a thread in which to post pictures of heavily oiled hair!

Here is mine:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4885&pictureid=84769

McFearless
October 3rd, 2010, 07:21 PM
Mine looks similar to that, maybe even more oily!

little_cherry
October 3rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
My heavy oiling looks like that too, hmmm!

Heavy oiling is when the hair strands stick together from the oil.

I love heavy oiling with a coconut+olive oil blend. ;)

Aliped
October 3rd, 2010, 07:28 PM
Mine looks like that too!

angelfell
October 3rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
I apply less to my root area and a whole lot more to my length and ends. So, it starts along the crown just looking like wet hair, and ends looking like its smothered in oil XD I'm about to wash mine out now, it's been about 2 hrs.

Peter
October 3rd, 2010, 07:34 PM
Mine looks pretty similar to that too!

SilvraShadows
October 3rd, 2010, 07:38 PM
Same here... I have learned to keep the oil off my scalp though, so I only oil the length heavily using coconut before I wash my hair.

Sanyia
October 3rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Same here, a little bit on the scalp, a ton on the ends :)

angelfell
October 3rd, 2010, 08:22 PM
Your braid is exactly what mine looks like right now, except I already washed the oil out. I used shampoo/conditioner on the scalp and just conditioner on the length.. it's still wet but it feels soft :)

Carolyn
October 3rd, 2010, 08:38 PM
That's what I'd call a heavy oiling too. I put it on 1/2-1 tsp at a time until I get my hair covered in oil. It's not dripping oil but it's plenty soaked.

MandyBeth
October 3rd, 2010, 08:42 PM
Will get pics of daily oiling and my heavy oilings.

Djinmonet
October 3rd, 2010, 08:47 PM
This is, for me, adding oil a tiny handful at a time, until it's flatish, and not oiling anything else. ;) Looks exactly like this when I'm done. I've also done the sopping with oil for beach outings when I lived near the coast.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=31012&dateline=1283833171&type=profile

Crackaleen
October 3rd, 2010, 10:16 PM
A heavy oiling for me is similar to yours, though I think mine might be a bit more oily (it's hard to tell). Lets put it this way, if I leave my hair down or in a braid after a heavy oiling, it will ruin my shirt so I have to put it up in a bun. It literally looks wet, you might even say drenched. I'll get a pic the next time I do it. :)

pennylane
October 3rd, 2010, 11:55 PM
My hair looks like hmmm too!

In fact my hair looks even more wet, totally wet, like dripping with oil.

But then, i have thick, and lots of hair so i really need to oil heavily.

My sheets have to be changed the next day, that's how much oil and butters i use, and my hair thanks me for it! :)

pepperminttea
October 4th, 2010, 12:11 AM
That's about right for me, too. Though by the time I wash it (usually I leave it overnight) I'm always surprised how much has absorbed by the morning.

ukuleleclaire
October 4th, 2010, 12:55 AM
I've never done a really heavy oiling; I'm a fair bit intimidated by it, to be honest! I'll have to go look up some tips and tricks.

mariika
October 4th, 2010, 05:35 AM
I don't do heavy oiling - too much oil for my taste...

JenniferNoel
October 4th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Wet with oil but not dripping. I can't stand to be dripping oil all day, it's too much mess for me.

ericthegreat
October 4th, 2010, 07:48 AM
My heavy oiling looks exactly like hmmm's. When I really want an intense oil treatment, I will soak my entire head of hair with coconut oil. I'll leave that in either overnight or for a few hours, and then I wash it all out with a gentle shampoo and then follow it up with the conditioner I use when I CO.

LeeLee337
October 4th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Hi I'm new here! What is oiling? and what do you use for oiling and is it for growth or just conditioning? Sorry I don't really know what it is :( Also how come I can't see your pictures?? :(

bumblebums
October 4th, 2010, 07:55 AM
My hair poofs out when not oiled and then deflates pathetically when oiled. So it doesn't look nearly as good as yours, hmmm!

lpsqt60
October 4th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Mine also looks like yours hmmm. I try hard to really soak my hair in the oil, right now I'm using up my bottle of jojoba oil, but I'm gross and will leave it on for like a day or two, especially if I'm at work and I always bun my hair anyway, by the time I wash it out my hair has absorbed half of the oil.:yumm:

RitaPG
October 4th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Your braid is so thick O.o
That's how I do it too, Scalp massage (not always) and oil the full length. My hair never felt better :)

eezepeeze
October 4th, 2010, 09:24 AM
My siggy shows my semi heavy oiling. I heavy oil overnight, so just before bed, I'll add a bit more oil just to the ends and then do Heidi braids to keep the sheets from getting icky. My hair will have absorbed it all by morning. If it doesn't absorb it all, I know I put too much in. If my hair feels dry in the morning, I know I didn't put in enough.

hmmm
October 5th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Hehe, I was hoping for more pictures :p
Thanks for replying everyone, and thank you for the compliments too :flowers: