PDA

View Full Version : Short, back and growing!

Kris Dove
October 2nd, 2010, 04:50 PM
I've been away from the forums for a while but I'm back- sadly with shorter hair.

Now, I didn't want shorter hair, but I've been very ill with gastric bleeding (caused by a birth defect of abnormal veins in my stomach which bleed unpredictably and are extremely difficult to find or fix) on and off since May this year and it's really taken it's toll on my hair.

It desperately needed cut to thicken it up so I tried a few inches off the first time and it helped for a bit, then another few inches after another bad turn... but eventually so much had shedded that I had it cut to the shoulders just to look presentable. :(

I want to grow it back and stimulate regrowth etc so I'm back on here for the best advice and to share my frustrations with people who'll understand!

I'm not going with any goal length this time though as I may take more bleeds and have to keep trimming bits off but I'm aiming to keep it as long as I can in any case, certainly wouldn't want it any shorter than my shoulders as I've tried it before and I do not suit short hair at all!

missjessiecakes
October 2nd, 2010, 05:06 PM
I am so glad to see you. :) Welcome back.

cindy58
October 2nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Welcome back, I hope your hair and your health take a turn for the better!

pepperminttea
October 2nd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Ouch, sorry you've had such trouble health-wise. But - welcome back! :grouphug:

In terms of stimulating growth, have you tried scalp massages (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=172)? I do them the night before a wash, and they have the wonderful side-effect of being very relaxing as well as getting your circulation going. :)

Dragon
October 3rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Welcome back. Im sorry to hear about this. I really hope your hair and your health gets better.

DavidN
October 3rd, 2010, 02:58 AM
Welcome back to our community, Kris Dove, and I am genuinely sorry to hear that you have not been well, and I will send along healing thoughts your way.:grouphug: Best of luck to you as well in your new hair growing journey.

FrannyG
October 3rd, 2010, 04:42 AM
I'm so happy to see you back! I look forward to hearing about your progress, but most of all, I wish you good health. :blossom:

Kris Dove
October 3rd, 2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks guys :)

pepperminttea- I have one of those "orgasmatron" head massagers, would that work?

Ninika
October 3rd, 2010, 07:46 AM
Welcome back :flower:! I'm sorry to hear about your illness, this must be a tough thing to deal with. I hope you recover soon, and with that your hair.

daaisychains
October 3rd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Welcome back and glad you're feeling better.

I only really commented to say YOU'RE SCOTTISH, yay. Me too.

Luckysock
October 3rd, 2010, 11:36 AM
welcome back. I'm so sorry to hear about what you have been through, sounds horrible. Glad to see you back though and I'm sure your hair will thicken up again before you know it :)

Sunny_side_up
October 3rd, 2010, 03:19 PM
:flowers:Hi Kris great your back and hoping you feel alot better. You have alot of support here for your growing journey:)