PDA

View Full Version : I gave in and TRIMMED! (pics)

Dreams_in_Pink
October 2nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
I had sworn to myself never to cut my hair till tailbone, but today i realized how thin my ends were. I grabbed the scissors and trimmed very little using Feye's method. It's so small that even i cannot see any difference :D

Here's before shot: ( I don't know why my hair looks so greasy and stringy here)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4555&pictureid=84800

And this is after:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4555&pictureid=84801

I'm happy with the way it looks now, more blunt than before.

I know, i should've trimmed WAY more than that. But i don't wanna mess with it too much as i'm craving for more length. I might repeat the same trim every month till my ends look thicker. But i'm tellin ya, i might.

Capybara
October 2nd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Looks great! I can't tell any difference in length, but the hemline - wow! You did really well :flower:

Petite Simone
October 2nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
WOW! That looks fantastic :)

Sammich
October 2nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Amazing what a small trim can do right? ;) I've done very similar.

Dreams_in_Pink
October 2nd, 2010, 01:37 PM
Looks great! I can't tell any difference in length, but the hemline - wow! You did really well :flower:

Thank you! I trimmed little by little each time, maybe thats why :)

WOW! That looks fantastic :)

Thanks!

Amazing what a small trim can do right? ;) I've done very similar.

That's very true! I think micro trims are necessary during progress, especially if one has flatiron-fried ends :(

CrisDee
October 2nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
I'm one that likes a tidier hemline, so I LOVE your results! :crush:

spidermom
October 2nd, 2010, 01:56 PM
You did a good job taking so little off that I can't see a difference in length at all.

FrannyG
October 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Wow, it looks fabulous! I can't even notice the decrease in length because I'm so busy staring at the thick ends.

You really don't need to trim any more than that at all right now.

Gorgeous! :blossom:

jera
October 2nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Well done. Your hair looks really beautiful. Your ends didn't look all that bad in the before shot. You can always curl just the ends to camouflage thinness if you ever don't want to trim. :)

Qwackie
October 2nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
It looks epic. You did an awesome job. <3
I just got my bangs trimmed today. They were getting in my eyes, and the bleach really damaged them.

pennyroyal
October 2nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
You did a great job & it doesn't look any shorter at all. Your hair is really getting long now! Wow!

jeanniet
October 2nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
It looks great! I dust about 1/4" every month using Feye's method because that seems to be just enough to help the ends, but doesn't affect growth negatively at all. If anything, I'm getting more growth. I don't think there's anything wrong at all with trimming, and sometimes it can be a real help.

Kome
October 2nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
It looks great! I liked it before too, but trimming every once in awhile will definately keep a nice thicken hemline as it grows. :)

pepperminttea
October 2nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
You did a good job taking so little off that I can't see a difference in length at all.

Agreed. I'm looking and I can see the difference in the hemline, being thicker and more even, but it still looks the same lovely length. :) Got to love self-trims!

Mexibeach
October 2nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
I don't see any difference in the length either; but it definitely looks thicker! Lovely!

redneckprincess
October 2nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
i say hold out to every couple months...I try to trim no more then 3" a year but i might try to make this a no trimming for 2 years insted of just 1 this time...Im about 4.5 months in so far going 12 mo for sure...well see then if i feel i can/should go longer...yours looks nice :)

Hylia
October 2nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
My hair is pretty much the exact same length, but a month ago I trimmed the ends a bit. It is better to do it now then later, because from experience dry ends dont just go away. =(

McFearless
October 2nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
You should cut your own hair from now on, it looks great!

ericthegreat
October 3rd, 2010, 01:47 AM
You did a great job trimming your own hair! You somehow managed the art of doing both creating a cleaner, thicker hemline and trimming off as little hair as possible. It looks wonderful.

yvsa
October 3rd, 2010, 03:08 AM
Wow, you did a great job. Your hemline already looked fine in the first pic, but in the second they look fabulous. As far as I can tell they don't need a trim every month. But that is up to you of course;).

Dreams_in_Pink
October 3rd, 2010, 03:10 AM
Thanks everyone!

I'm one that likes a tidier hemline, so I LOVE your results! :crush:
Ahh, i also love thick, blunt hemlines (on myself) :)

You really don't need to trim any more than that at all right now.
Actually i do; the flatiron damage is too obvious when compared to virgin roots. But i'll go slowly for the sake of growth...

Your ends didn't look all that bad in the before shot. You can always curl just the ends to camouflage thinness if you ever don't want to trim. :)
It's not that they looked bad, i just wanted to feel my ends thicker. I'm also going through a shedding phase so thick ends really make me happy :)

I just got my bangs trimmed today. They were getting in my eyes, and the bleach really damaged them.
Great if you could get all the bleach out :)

It looks great! I dust about 1/4" every month using Feye's method because that seems to be just enough to help the ends, but doesn't affect growth negatively at all. If anything, I'm getting more growth. I don't think there's anything wrong at all with trimming, and sometimes it can be a real help.
I always thought trimming would make hair shorter. Technically it does, but after the trim you look like you have more hair :D It's like magic!

i say hold out to every couple months...I try to trim no more then 3" a year but i might try to make this a no trimming for 2 years insted of just 1 this time...Im about 4.5 months in so far going 12 mo for sure...well see then if i feel i can/should go longer...yours looks nice :)
I think i'm gonna keep micro-trimming every 3 months or so. You have a thick hemline, but mine's way too thin and there's crazy amount of taper going on.

You should cut your own hair from now on, it looks great!
Hahaa, i definitely will! So many bad experiences!

You did a great job trimming your own hair! You somehow managed the art of doing both creating a cleaner, thicker hemline and trimming off as little hair as possible. It looks wonderful.

Much thanks to Feye for creating such understandable step-by-step instructions. If there was no instructions, i would never dare to cut my own hair at this length :)

bunzfan
October 3rd, 2010, 03:30 AM
I had sworn to myself never to cut my hair till tailbone, but today i realized how thin my ends were. I grabbed the scissors and trimmed very little using Feye's method. It's so small that even i cannot see any difference :D

Here's before shot: ( I don't know why my hair looks so greasy and stringy here)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4555&pictureid=84800

And this is after:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4555&pictureid=84801

I'm happy with the way it looks now, more blunt than before.

I know, i should've trimmed WAY more than that. But i don't wanna mess with it too much as I'm craving for more length. I might repeat the same trim every month till my ends look thicker. But I'm tellin ya, i might.

Your newly trimmed hair looks great and your hair looks even thicker now i find it hard to trim your own hair when its wavy do you have the same problem? did you trim when dry or curly?

Dreams_in_Pink
October 3rd, 2010, 03:42 AM
Your newly trimmed hair looks great and your hair looks even thicker now i find it hard to trim your own hair when its wavy do you have the same problem? did you trim when dry or curly?

Thank you! It'd be best to trim when wet because hair is straighter. But i trimmed when dry and wavy. Unevenness won't show on my texture so i'm not too careful :)

bunzfan
October 3rd, 2010, 03:48 AM
Thank you! It'd be best to trim when wet because hair is straighter. But i trimmed when dry and wavy. Unevenness won't show on my texture so i'm not too careful :)

Thanks for the tip, i last cut my hair when wet and your right it doesn't show up unevenness so much :)

Loreley
October 3rd, 2010, 04:25 AM
It looks great! :D

KittyLost
October 3rd, 2010, 08:01 AM
Looks great! You've made some great progress

janedoe0
October 3rd, 2010, 02:09 PM
Looks great! I like your waves :)

Sunny_side_up
October 3rd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Looking lovely, nice what a lil trim can do. Love the feel and look of my freshly trimmed ends. Neatening up mine from summer to now, then maybe no trims til early next year