PDA

View Full Version : New video: The Workhorse Twist.

Hypnotica
October 2nd, 2010, 09:15 AM
I decided to ignore my back and shoulder pain and do another video. It is not a very new-and-groundbreaking thunderous style, but it is very suitable when you need your hair to look professional and to stay put.

In either case, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7ftMoRU-iI

lajsa
October 2nd, 2010, 09:36 AM
Aww, it looked lovely but my hair is too short. :(

redkdawg
October 2nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
Oh, that is neat. I must try that one.

Capybara
October 2nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
That is a great alternative to a French twist! My hair is getting too long for a regular French twist (sad, it's one of my favourite styles), this looks like it'd work :) Love your videos!

Aliped
October 2nd, 2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks Hypnotica, it's worth buying a ficcare for! :)

Hypnotica
October 2nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Haha, I should receive sponsor money from Ficcare :P

habioku
October 2nd, 2010, 10:50 AM
It's not available in my country (germany) :sad:

Hypnotica
October 2nd, 2010, 11:05 AM
It's not available in my country (germany) :sad:

Does it say why?

PrincessBob
October 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
It reminds me that I dreamt of doughnuts last night. now I have to go find a cinnamon twist somewhere! It is truly beautiful, clear and I love you background music.

Hypnotica
October 2nd, 2010, 11:37 AM
It reminds me that I dreamt of doughnuts last night. now I have to go find a cinnamon twist somewhere! It is truly beautiful, clear and I love you background music.

Thank you!

Xi
October 2nd, 2010, 11:49 AM
Cool, Hypnotica! I've despaired of making anything French-twist-like with my hair, but this looks possible. Thanks!:)

Carolyn
October 2nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
I love it. Thank you :flowers: I haven't seen that particular Ficcare before.

little_acorn
October 2nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Great video as always :D

Fiferstone
October 2nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks Hypnotica, I may just have enough length to try this. I've never been able to get the traditional french twist to work for me, even when my hair was shorter (bsl and shorter).

I bought the soundtrack to Francis Ford Coppolla's "Dracula" just for this song, btw. :)

Hypnotica
October 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
I love it. Thank you :flowers: I haven't seen that particular Ficcare before.

It is a custom from Nightblooming. I haven't had an opportunity to show it off.

habioku
October 2nd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Does it say why?

"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available in your country. "

:(

Hypnotica
October 3rd, 2010, 03:09 AM
"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available in your country. "

:(

Can you test now?

habioku
October 3rd, 2010, 03:44 AM
It works now :D thank you! Beautiful hairstyle! But unfortunally my hair is to short :D.

BTW: are you left-handed?

Hypnotica
October 3rd, 2010, 06:07 AM
It works now :D thank you! Beautiful hairstyle! But unfortunally my hair is to short :D.

BTW: are you left-handed?

I'm very much left handed.

Fairlight63
October 3rd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Thank you for your videos! My hair is also getting to long for a twist so maybe this one will work for me.

restourceful
October 3rd, 2010, 08:01 AM
Hi Hypnotica! :waving: I was just thinking a couple of days ago that I had not seen Your Royal Bun-ness for a while. I can hardly wait to have enough length to do this one. I'm almost there! Thanks for another great video!

Gothic Lolita
October 3rd, 2010, 08:29 AM
Great bun and thank you for making me discover Sleepthief!

Hypnotica
October 3rd, 2010, 11:17 PM
I'm curious to see your pics of this updo :)

tinti
October 4th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Great vid! I have to try that when my layers are longer (as usual :))

Sagi1982
October 10th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Tahnk you for sharing!
I'm not sure if my hair is long enough, but I'll try it tomorrow!
Maybe thats the first French twist-like thing that works with my hair...

longhairtobe
October 10th, 2010, 12:13 PM
It looks great but I cant do it because my hair is to short :( maybe when its longer

Sagi1982
October 23rd, 2010, 09:36 AM
Wah, this is the first French twist-like thing that works for me! :cheese:

Angeletti
October 23rd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks for sharing, I'm always looking for new updos to use with my Ficcare. Is that a snake on yours? If it is that's awesome, I wish they would sell them on the Ficcare website I would so buy one...

MNoelH
October 23rd, 2010, 10:58 AM
I adore all of your videos. Sorry to hear about your pain and hope you feel better soon.

princessp
October 23rd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Very nice. I tried it once to no avail. Maybe my hair is too short, but I'm going to give it another go!

What are the pins you use at the top and the bottom of the twist? LOVE your ficcare!

ETA: Okay I am thinking my hair is too short and textured for this one. You know when you have your hair looped around your hand (out to the side of your head) and then you gracefully pull the loop open before looping it around the rest of your hair? My hair was saying "no way, I'm not moving". I am thinking longer, silkier, and straighter hair is best for this updo. I'll keep trying though maybe I can get some kind of crazy haired variation.