PDA

View Full Version : Frizzy Coarse Texture at the back of head!

Oberon88
October 1st, 2010, 07:04 PM
:confused:
Hi all! It's been a long time since I posted on the mane forum, but I am back and have brought an issue I've been trying to deal with for a while.
My hair has always had a tendency to become frizzy and wild, but lately it has been easier and easier to tame because of the length and knowing how to properly care for it (finally:D)
However, I have a patch of very coarse and frizzy hair right at the back of my head down to where my neck meets my shoulders. I cannot tell if this is from styling (I usually wear my hair in a cinnamon bun) or if it is just the way my hair grows. You can kind of see it in my old signature pic (I've been trying to take a new one but they never look the way I want).
I do not use cones, I sleep on a satin pillowcase, coconut oil and usually wear my hair in protective styles. I just bought a wooden comb, thinking that perhaps my old comb was the issue.

What do you guys think? Is this just the way my hair grows? Or is there something I could do to tame this wild patch?

capelli lunghi
October 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
I have this same problem. I have not found a cure-all fix for it, yet. I have it on both sides of my neck and the hair is not broken, it is just a different texture than the rest so it really is noticeable. I've tried oiling and putting extra amounts of leave-in conditioners and neither have fixed it. When I wear my hair up, I usually put in leave-in and bobby pin it. Otherwise, I end up with two big poofs of curly hair behind my ears.. lol

Hopefully someone else can come along to help us out.

Sandra

luxepiggy
October 1st, 2010, 09:18 PM
Oberon88 - Do you sleep on your back?

capelli lunghi - Do you sleep on your sides?

I noticed recently I started getting the odd patch on the back of my head too, but when I changed my sleeping habits it went away (^(oo)^)v

pepperminttea
October 1st, 2010, 10:16 PM
I get this too, around my nape and behind my ears. The hair's a lot curlier than the rest, it spirals and has a short terminal length, but it's also a lot drier, despite me putting more conditioner on that part than the rest since I found it, and making sure I don't miss it during oilings and whatnot. It's like it's from someone else's head, really. (For the record, I sleep on my stomach.)

xoxophelia
October 1st, 2010, 11:59 PM
The best solution I can think of is to put that section into a large roller when it is somewhat damp to smooth it out. It does work fairly well for me and when I want it to look nice, a quick touch up with a blow dryer on cool does the trick :)

capelli lunghi
October 4th, 2010, 05:37 PM
capelli lunghi - Do you sleep on your sides?
It is hard to describe how my head it when I sleep.. but I bunch up my pillow and she side of my face is really the only part of my head that is on the pillow.. lol I have a satin pillow case, so whatever part of my hair is on the pillow, it shouldn't have that much friction against it.

How were you sleeping, and how did you change?

julliams
October 4th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I think it's just your hair. I have lots of different textures on my head. Right in the middle, at the back I have a patch of hair that is as smooth and silky as ever, but it's not on show and noone but me will ever see/touch it. On the sides I have stupid pieces that won't grow and stick out and now are turning grey. I am so tempted to cut them off but there it is a big section so it would be obvious.

virgo75
October 4th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I have a frizzy coarse section, but mine is right at the crown. >_<

Since I don't sleep standing on my head, I know it's just my hair in that section. :lol:

luxepiggy
October 4th, 2010, 06:54 PM
It is hard to describe how my head it when I sleep.. but I bunch up my pillow and she side of my face is really the only part of my head that is on the pillow.. lol I have a satin pillow case, so whatever part of my hair is on the pillow, it shouldn't have that much friction against it.

How were you sleeping, and how did you change?

I was sleeping on my back, which is unusual for me. I switched back to sleeping on my side, almost my stomach, and it went away (^(oo)^)v

Oberon88
October 4th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Maybe this is just the way my hair is then. I usually sleep on my side.