PDA

View Full Version : Mane and Tail Shampoo & Conditioner

Pages : [1] 2

snow
March 31st, 2008, 06:38 AM
Does anyone here wash their hair with horse shampoo?
Ive seen a many shampoo,s to horses that are for sensitive skin and does not contain silicone and outdrying ingredients .
One of the horseshampoo s ive looked at contains aloevera and is allergi free ,,because horses are often sensitive
Jennifer Aniston uses main n tails shampoo
So do you have any expierience of this?

naomimcc
March 31st, 2008, 12:35 PM
I use mane and tail...and love it! My sister in law owns a tack store so it's also readily available. :) However... I do have to clarify a bit more when I use it...

Feisty Redhead
March 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM
I've used mane n tail, both the shampoo and conditioner, for years. I'm talking since I was a kid. I love it. I mostly CO now with V05 but I still like to use the shampoo about once a week, and I still use the conditioner pretty frequently as well. I like it as a leave-in. I use them to give my dog a bath too, helps keep her skin and fur so soft and silky and as she has dry skin it has helped get her skin moisturized too. :)

AJoifulNoise
March 31st, 2008, 03:56 PM
Mane N Tail didn't work for me. It left my hair kinda limp. And, it felt coated. Which was strange for me because I use -cones and my hair never feels coated. :shrug: Odd.

suicides_eve
March 31st, 2008, 04:02 PM
i use to use the mane and tail condish all the time but it was drying my hair out.. found out later it is a protein based mixture, i use it once in a while now and my hair reacts better to it

Vela
March 31st, 2008, 04:09 PM
(That is a bit odd Joi...)

I used to use it about 2years ago, Mane'n'tale work just fine for me. In fact, I'm thinking about going back to it for a while, TRESame takes too much condish. anymore. Just like anything else, it works with some hair, and with others it just doesn't!

Shirlpunzel
March 31st, 2008, 04:09 PM
I use Mane N Tail, and love it. Both the shampoo and conditioner, although the shampoo last me forever, as I use very little(and pretty rarely). The conditioner makes a good leave-in (personally switched to coconut oil - less washing later) or a good deep treatment(I completely soak my hair in it, then do the rest of my shower/shaving/whatever before rinsing in cold water). Some people have problems with it though because of the cones(which you mentioned, so I guess that's eliminated here) or the high protein content. Does your hair maybe not like lots of protein? Also, it does have emulsifying wax in the ingredients - maybe that was the problem? Some people hate it because of that; the worst it means for me is the next wash has to be a bit sooner if I use it as a leave in. Different things work for different people though :shrug: sorry it doesn't seem to have worked for you :(

eta: sorry I'm a bit slow, some others seem to have covered what I mentioned, sorry for repeat

BlndeInDisguise
March 31st, 2008, 04:11 PM
I used to use the shampoo, but because of the Sodium Laurel Sulphate, I stopped using it.

xrosiex
March 31st, 2008, 04:13 PM
I've used Mane and Tail in SMT. And I use it as a leave in sometimes. But cant use it to much or my hair gets really waxy.

Feisty Redhead
March 31st, 2008, 04:22 PM
Some people have problems with it though because of the cones

As far as I know M&T is cone-free. I looked over the ingredients when I decided to stop using cones and didn't see any cones listed. I'm currently out so I can't check the label to see, but I am pretty sure it doesn't have cones.

Nynaeve
March 31st, 2008, 06:06 PM
I've never used it, though I've had several friends who use it any love it and swear by it.
If you're planning on using it, you might want to have some baking soda or some other type of clarifier ready. I know a lot of people who say they have to clarify more often when they use it, otherwise, they love it.

jesamyn
March 31st, 2008, 06:11 PM
I haven't tried the shampoo, but the condish is my fave. I'm thankful that I haven't had the buildup issues that others have described in various places. I clarify about once a month usually, which is actually down from about once a week before I used it.

Shirlpunzel
March 31st, 2008, 07:42 PM
ooh :o
thanks for the correction Fiesty Redhead
my apologies:flower:

I just checked the bottles and mine do not list anything I recognize as a cone.
(I could swear I remembered someone in the old reviews section mentioning them though - perhaps it was a different M&T product?). Personally, my hair can't seem to make up its mind about cones, it seems to depend on the individual product and circumstances; so I don't keep up with it so much :shrug:

i did have a quick tip for anyone who likes M&T or wants to try it: the stuff in the "people section" seems to be the exact same as what's sold in pets(at Wal-mart, though seems to hold true elsewhere) - only if you go to the pets section, the bottles are twice as big for the same price ;)
ps - it was a long time ago that I compared ingredients lists, so if that has changed, sorry - though the kind meant for horses has caused me no problems, and it is what is always mentioned when you hear people claiming M&T makes hair grow

eta: re-read my earlier post and realized it's a little unclear. Snow, I hope were able to help a little with the experiences people have had, the questions regarding problems were meant towards what ajoifulnoise had mentioned

BlndeInDisguise
March 31st, 2008, 07:48 PM
Oh, I used the shampoo and conditioner in my horses tail a few weeks ago and it was shiny and soft then, and I bagged it up, and just took it down today and it was just as shiny and soft (if not more so) than when I put it up. :) Sorry, I couldn't help but mention my horse. :blushing:

doodlesmart
March 31st, 2008, 08:10 PM
I use it occasionally when my hair seems to need protein. I also love the Cowboy Magic Conditioner I stole from my horse.

snow
April 1st, 2008, 02:30 AM
Here in sweden they dont sell main n tail.
So i buy this in the UK.
There are other horse,dog shampoos here in Sweden.
The one im about to try is from the states.
It s, called Fiebings company ,inc.(since 1895)
Horse saloon shampoo & conditioner concentrate.
(with aloe vera)
Does anyone here know this shampoo?
Best regards Snow.

BlndeInDisguise
April 1st, 2008, 05:51 AM
Here in sweden they dont sell main n tail.
So i buy this in the UK.
There are other horse,dog shampoos here in Sweden.
The one im about to try is from the states.
It s, called Fiebings company ,inc.(since 1895)
Horse saloon shampoo & conditioner concentrate.
(with aloe vera)
Does anyone here know this shampoo?
Best regards Snow.

Is this what you're talking about? (http://www.fiebing.com/product.asp?typeID=2 *scroll down*)
http://www.fiebing.com/images/products/HorseSalon.jpg

I've never used it, but their flyspray is the best we've ever used for our horses! :D

snow
April 1st, 2008, 07:49 AM
yes this is the one im talking about.Ive bought this one now
I,ll try this for a few weeks ,then ill report good or bad
Thnx for all answers

Hank Freid
May 13th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Yes nothing you can do will make your hair grow long and faster. Not even mane n tail. But it does condition deeper than usual conditioners, and provides nutrients right to the hair follicle, so hair appears healthier and shinier. The best thing you can do to encourage hair growth (even though it at best will add maybe two inches a year) is to take silica capsules or liquid once a day.

Regards:
Hank Freid

><((((('>> <((((('>

Tap Dancer
May 14th, 2008, 05:50 AM
I buy the conditioner off and on. I prefer the Deep Moisturizing (http://www.manentail.com/products/personal/deep_conditioner.asp) version.

levelek
May 14th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Wow. I would have thought a horse mane is different enough from human hair that the same products wouldn't work too well! :face: You learn something every day.

vidgrl007
May 14th, 2008, 06:33 AM
i actually like maine and tail.it took me acoupla tries but it worked for me. my dh and dd on the other hand dont like.

itsjackie
May 24th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Has anyone tried this before? It's shampoo and conditioner - originally made for horses but people can use it too. It's supposed to make your hair grow faster, thicker, and healthier. Does anyone know if it really even works?

Velvettt
May 25th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Hi, jackie. Do you know how to use the Search function here? If you look on the top tool bar, you'll see Search. Just type in mane n tail and see what you get. If you don't find anything helpful, you can post again. :)

fatmoogas
May 25th, 2008, 01:08 AM
It might work--but watch out for the neighing sounds.

itsjackie
May 25th, 2008, 02:32 PM
that makes no sense -___-

AJoifulNoise
May 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I tried the conditioner, but it made my hair feel very coated. I do hear a lot of success stories though.

jesamyn
May 25th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I'm one of the folks who loves it. I've read multiple accounts of people who say it coated their hair. I don't really have that problem, but I also usually shampoo daily. I'm not sure about the growing faster or thicker part; I think that's just a side effect of good care. I do know that it's the only conditioner I've used in a while that really soaks into my hair and moisturizes it.

I also suggest using the search function to find more posts about it. :)

itsjackie
May 25th, 2008, 07:29 PM
thanks (: but how can you tell if it's coating your hair?

jesamyn
May 25th, 2008, 11:36 PM
You'd know if your hair felt coated. Trust me on this. I can't really describe it, but the feeling is unmistakeable.

lookingglass
May 26th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I used it the other day for a protein treatment. I worked really well! If I use it too much it makes it crunchy and dry, but DH loves it and uses it daily.

Flaxen
May 26th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I'm sure you meant that in the most harmless and silly way possible, but humor like that doesn't always go over well, especially in written form, and even more so when the teller of the joke isn't known very well. :twocents:

nomadhome
May 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I find that other conditioners are better for me, but I love the shampoo. I like that shampoo better than any of the gentler ones.

ladystar
May 26th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I use it I like it.

itsjackie
May 27th, 2008, 01:20 PM
thaanks (:
i have one last question haha .
should i use the
Original Mane N Tail Shampoo & Conditioner or
the Deep Moisturizing Mane N Tail Shampoo & Conditioner ?

Florida Mom
May 27th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Just jumping in to say that I was going to ask the same question! :-)

jesamyn
May 27th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I use the Original Mane N Tail Conditioner. I'm not sure what's in the Deep Moisturizing stuff.

itsjackie
May 28th, 2008, 04:46 AM
I use the Original Mane N Tail Conditioner. I'm not sure what's in the Deep Moisturizing stuff.
thanks (:
anyone else ?

Oberon88
May 28th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I use the original conditioner and love it.

Magicknthenight
May 30th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I've tried it. Personally it had the same results as any other shampoo/condictioner. I first got it because of all the good reviews i read. I guess it just depends on the person:hmm: but i dunno it could always work for you! good luck!:D

teeleigh
May 30th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I just bought the mane and tail shampoo and conditioner today and used it for the first time - (I think I may have used it a long time ago, but I don't remember) So far it seems to be doing what I wanted it to do, I'll have to wait and see if it continues to work for me. To answer the question about Original or Deep, the only real difference I noticed in the ingredient list was that there is a "cone" in the Deep but no "cones" in the Original. As I am experimenting with going "no cones", I chose to try the Original.

nomadhome
May 31st, 2008, 12:25 PM
I use the Original and just the shampoo. The condish is okay but a bit waxy. I've never seen the deep moisturizing varieties in stores, but I would be concerned that they might have cones.

rossjen
May 31st, 2008, 04:16 PM
thanks (: but how can you tell if it's coating your hair?

You would know pretty quickly if it was coating your hair. In my case, my hair took on a waxy feel, and had a wet look to it, like I had not washed it in days.
I have tried the Mane and Tail conditioner, and what I described above happened to me. It was just too heavy for my hair.

itsjackie
June 1st, 2008, 01:17 AM
You would know pretty quickly if it was coating your hair. In my case, my hair took on a waxy feel, and had a wet look to it, like I had not washed it in days.
I have tried the Mane and Tail conditioner, and what I described above happened to me. It was just too heavy for my hair.
LOL i know this is a stupid question, but what does it feel like when your hair feel waxy? Like is it oily or something? Because I started to use that stuff and for some reason, my hair feels kinda oilier than usual.

HollowHannah
June 27th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I've always been curious about it and before now, to get get hold of it I would have had to go out of my way to get it. I'm taling two bus journeys here. Thing is, a new horse supply shop has opened really close to me and my friend (horsie owner) has said they stock it.

I was just wondering what you all think of it before I try it. Does it work? Does it not? does it smell bad/nice etc. side effects. stuff like that. Also, I'd like to hear some of your experiences with the stuff.

xxx

cheekytweety
June 27th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I have heard that it leaves a lot of residue in the hair.

Alaskanheart
June 27th, 2008, 12:57 AM
They Sell it cheap here in the States at Wal -Mart. If I can remember from years ago when I used it at a friends house , it smelled good and left my hair like pantene did.I bet you can Google it and find out the ingredients . I think but not sure that it has alot of cones and pretty harsh sulfates. That might not bother you though. I dont think its anything special but thats just my opinion.

jojo
June 27th, 2008, 03:38 AM
This product dried my hair up no end and theres no other different ingredients than a bog standard shampoo/conditioner. Some swear by it and thats fine, but for me it was a big no, no.

burns_erin
June 27th, 2008, 08:45 AM
We used to use it when i was a kid and it worked well, but then they changed the formula and it was not very good anymore. Myself and one of my sisters actually ended up being allergic to the new formula. I do not think it is worth it to go out of your way to get this, but then I am obviously biased.

Tangles
June 27th, 2008, 09:03 AM
It made my hair dry, flat, and greasy feeling all at once--horrible product for wavies IMO.

FlipHunny
June 27th, 2008, 09:15 AM
It worked well on me. I bought the cone-free version which looks very similar to the one with cones. But if you're hair doesn't need protein, it probably won't be good for your hair, just making it feel dry and stiff. My hair was protein starved when I used it and it helped. When my hair started getting too much protein, it became a little crunchy so I stopped its use.

From my own experience, I think Mane 'n tail is only beneficial to those who need protein in their hair. If you're not sure if you need more protein, check this thread: http://blackbeautyblackhair86911.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/511

I learned a lot from reading that and attribute it to fixing the chemical damage to my hair.

Darkhorse1
June 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Not for people IMHO. Horse's manes/tails are VERY course. The shampoo and conditioner are good for horses that have sweet itch at the base of their tail, like my mare did. Conditioning the base of her tail daily helped remove that itch, and her tail grew. I find the conditioner much better in terms of use for horses than the shampoo, but it's far too thick for human hair. It also works well to detangle long, thick horse tails.

They do have a detangler for humans via Mane and Tail, but I never found it worked for me either. Hope that helps :)

Xandergrammy
June 27th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I wasn't impressed with it either. It also dried out my hair and the smell was a little too much.

Darkhorse1
June 27th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Horse hair is the equivalent of the thickest strand of hairs you can find. It's VERY, VERY coarse, which is why these products are full of cones and make our hair greasy.

FlipHunny
June 27th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Hmm I never tried the horse version, only the cone-free human version. I would imagine the horse version wouldn't be great for human hair

Wavelength
June 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I use Mane N' Tail (the cone-free version), but ONLY on the very ends of my hair. It's too heavy for the rest of my hair. Lately I've used less Mane N' Tail since I started using catnip.

Xepher
June 27th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Oddly enough, I have super thin/fine hair, probably a million times thinner than horse's hair, and I used the shampoo and conditioner for weeks with no greasies OR buildup, what gives? :confused:

lora410
June 27th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I liked it when I used it because it has alot of herbs like rosemary. I went to cvs the other day and the shampoo now lacks any of these ingredients anymore.All I saw were ones i couldn't pronounce. My hair did grow on the stuff before though. As for the condish, if your hair likes cones it will like this stuff.I am looking into aveda products this weekend and my hair grows good with the Avalon biotin b-complex shampoo. It stimulates the hair follicles, and has lots of good stuff in it :)

cobblersmaid
June 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
My straight, fine haired sister used it for awhile, and it worked nicely for her. I have tried it twice, and it coated my hair both times. I am blaming the wax.

bkitty09
August 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I was fine with it for a while, but after weeks of using it, it made my hair crunchy too. There is protein in both the shampoo and conditioner.

shellblue1
August 11th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I tried it a long time ago and the conditioner made my hair hair kind of waxy feeling and really lank. This was the horse version before they made the human version. My hair was pretty soft though, but was still coated feeling. The smell was sort of "eh", not a great scent.

Stagecoach
August 11th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I loved it, back when my hair needed heavy moisture. It did build up rather quickly though so I had to clarify every 4-6 weeks.

ETA: I used the horse version, and only to conditioner, I've never tried the shampoo.

yldchyld
August 12th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Not for people IMHO. Horse's manes/tails are VERY course. The shampoo and conditioner are good for horses that have sweet itch at the base of their tail, like my mare did. Conditioning the base of her tail daily helped remove that itch, and her tail grew. I find the conditioner much better in terms of use for horses than the shampoo, but it's far too thick for human hair. It also works well to detangle long, thick horse tails.

They do have a detangler for humans via Mane and Tail, but I never found it worked for me either. Hope that helps :)

I never liked it..but I will tell you that Hoof Maker is wonderful for fingernails.

Tap Dancer
August 12th, 2008, 05:29 AM
I've used the conditioner off and on and I liked it. It didn't work better or worse than other products I've used. I like the smell.

sipnsun
August 12th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I've used this on my horses for years, and I can't imagine putting it in my hair! My hair is nothing like a horses mane or tail so it would weigh it down pretty considerably not to mention that some of the ingredients probably wouldn't be good for human hair.

Darkhorse1
August 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
It's great if you have a horse with sweet itch(rubs the base of their tail). The appy I evented for years had sweet itch and I used this religiously on her non-existant tail and it grew within six months and I was able to bang it!! (cut it blunt at the bottom). I mean, how many Appies have tails? ;)

I know some people who use the human form of this product, but when I tried, it made my hair very, very 'gunky'. The cones in this product are for horses--who have very, very coarse hair, and are out in the elements and around...well, gunk.

Darkhorse1
August 12th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Yep, hoof maker is great for human fingernails! Teheheh.

Remember, this product was designed to reduce breakage of horse's tails. Horses, who go out into fields and get burrs, trees, dirt, other horses, et al into their manes and tails. This is why there's a lot of cones/wax in the horse version.

fYI, NEVER use show sheen on horses OR people. That's like spray laquer. heck, you can glossify a fly with that stuff. The only thing show sheen is good for is the horse's tail to prevent it getting caught in things outdoors. I'd still use mane and tail over show sheen.

FlipHunny
August 13th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I just had my hair fried by a stylist because i recently had my hair done for a wedding. So I decided to go back to using the mane n tail for a few washes and see if i notice a difference.

I must say it worked great! Again, i use the cone-free human version. It has the protein my hair needs after all the styling abuse. Not as dry or frizzy, and its shiney again. Yay!

Too bad this stuff doesn't work for everyone :(

Chromis
August 13th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I used it before I knew any better. It left my hair very coated and waxy which I used to think was just normal and was much too harsh. I did rather like the smell I'll admit, which is odd, I hate most fragrances.

Manako
August 13th, 2008, 03:36 PM
My friend uses it and she loves it. I saw it at CVS the other day, it has maybe 5 ingredients, but they are all chemicals, so I don't think I will be trying it anytime soon.

bkitty09
August 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I like diluting about a quarter tsp of the shampoo in a spray bottle.

pdy2kn6
August 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
has anyone used the mane and tail shampoo and conditioner in an attempt to grow their hair long? it is orignally for horse haha, but apparently people have reported it has contributed to faster hairgrowth? i was thinking about buying some to try it, i currently use FAST fortifying almino scalp therapy shampoo and conditioner once per week about.

Chromis
August 25th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Try the search function, there have been several threads about Mane and Tail.

burns_erin
August 25th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Yep, like http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5666&highlight=mane+tail

pdy2kn6
August 25th, 2008, 04:35 PM
sorry every1 im a newbie

Darkhorse1
August 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Just to add to this--it's a bit of a mis-conception that this product helps grow horse's manes and tails.

What it does do, is coat the mane/tail to prevent breakage and for my Appy mare, it conditioned the base of her tail so she didn't have sweet itch. As a result, the tail grew much faster as burrs wouldn't snag in it and break it off, nor would she rub the base of it out.

For humans? It's very, very thick/fully of waxy products as it's meant to be on horse's tails/manes, which are very, very , very coarse. I would think this would weigh down human hair.

However, I know many people who use the detangler (made by the some company, but for humans) in their hair and it's great for those who get tangles.

naomimcc
August 25th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I use mane and tail every once and a while and I love it :D But , then again, my hair LOVES silicone based products.

Anne~
August 26th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I used to use it on my hair, makes it frizzy, doesn't help my horses either. :rolleyes:

lind01
August 26th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I am using it right now. Since I have extremely damaged hair, it's been good for temporary use. I think it really coats the hair with cones.

maryva
October 26th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hi, has anyone tried mane-n-tail conditioner? I found it at Walgreens for "buy one get one free." Here is the link, and the list of ingredients. Does it contain any "cones?" Thanks so much!

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304646&navAction=jump&navCount=1&nug=VPD&skuid=sku308946&id=prod8946Ingredients:

Water , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Stearyl Alcohol , Emulsifying Wax NF , Cetyl Alcohol , Coconut Oil , Glycerin , Sodium Chloride , Vegetable Oil , Fragrance , Hydrolyzed Protein , Lanolin , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , FD&C Yellow No. 5

AJoifulNoise
October 26th, 2008, 06:31 PM
It doesn't contain cones, but my hair didn't like it. I felt like my hair was coated in wax... But, a lot of people use it with success. You won't know until you try it yourself. :)

Darkhorse1
October 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
If you have thick, coarse hair, it will work for your hair, but make sure it's the human form. The horse form is far too thick/waxy for human hair. :)

Great to keeping horses' tails long, and the mane and tail conditioner for horses can remove sweet itch. I got my appy's tail to grow!!

manderly
October 27th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I hated this stuff. Felt water and waxy, gave my hair no silkiness or slip.

plainjanegirl
November 16th, 2008, 11:01 AM
If you have thick, coarse hair, it will work for your hair, but make sure it's the human form. The horse form is far too thick/waxy for human hair. :)

Great to keeping horses' tails long, and the mane and tail conditioner for horses can remove sweet itch. I got my appy's tail to grow!!

How do you know if it is the human kind?
I have heard alot of people say this helps their hair grow.
Wonder if you could use only the shampoo but use a different coney conditioner for slip??

vividdreamer
November 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Using the Mane n Tail shampoo and conditioner was all the rage when I was in junior high. I had some that we used on the horses, so I tried it for awhile on my own hair, but it didn't work for me at ALL. It left a ton of waxy residue and made my hair completely unmanageable. Apparently there were some people that it worked for--the ones who loved it said that it made their hair grow twice as fast, though I doubt it actually made it *grow*, it may have made it less prone to breakage--but I decided it was best used on who it was intended for!

It worked great on my horses, though!

ETA: I think that whoever said there are two different kinds is right. I seem to remember noticing that after using the kind for horses became all the rage that the manufacturer started making some was specified for human hair, though I could be mistaken.

Carina
November 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I tried it today and it did not work for me.I get a plastic waxy feeling .:(

Darkhorse1
November 16th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Mane and tail doesn't help your hair grow---for horses, it prevents the tail/mane from getting snagged on things--it creates extra slip, so tails and manes don't get caught. My mare had sweet itch at the base of her tail, and the conditioner moisturized it so she stopped rubbing. The rest of the conditioner helped her pathetic appy tail not snag in burrs, and lo and behold! Her tail grew!!

Rogain is the only thing I know that makes human hair grow.

Mane and Tail did market products for human useage--it would be sold in pharmacies/walmart rather than a tack shop ;)

Darkhorse1
November 16th, 2008, 11:44 AM
It's the plastic/wax that helps horses tails/manes slide through things. Remember, a horse's mane/tail are VERY thick/coarse. Thicker than thread you'd use to sew with.

Carina
November 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Oh well it was only a sample so no bottle to leave in the closet:p

plainjanegirl
November 16th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Oh well it was only a sample so no bottle to leave in the closet:p

Where did you find the sample?

Carina
November 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I got it when I ordered my Tangle teezer from a swedish website.

PseudoScot
November 16th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Hi, has anyone tried mane-n-tail conditioner? I found it at Walgreens for "buy one get one free." Here is the link, and the list of ingredients. Does it contain any "cones?" Thanks so much!

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304646&navAction=jump&navCount=1&nug=VPD&skuid=sku308946&id=prod8946Ingredients:

Water , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Stearyl Alcohol , Emulsifying Wax NF , Cetyl Alcohol , Coconut Oil , Glycerin , Sodium Chloride , Vegetable Oil , Fragrance , Hydrolyzed Protein , Lanolin , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , FD&C Yellow No. 5

I bought it on sale, and like it. It's not amazing and I probably won't buy it again, but it was a good bulk price and worth a shot. I had no problems with it, and my hair seemed nice and normal.

Curlsgirl
November 17th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I tried it a while back. It was yucky for my hair too :eek:

Sherri
November 17th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I use it and it works great for me. I have used it off and on for years. Makes my hair very soft. I don't find it to be waxy or leave residue at all. I think it is a great conditioner. I bought mine at wal-mart. I don't know but it look like the same brand as in your link. Apparently there are 2 kinds human/horses :shrug: I hope I got the one for humans. lol

~GypsyCurls~
November 17th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I tried it after I found out this other chick I knew used it, she had gorgeous long hair that is similar to mine it texture, but she straightens and it still looks good and healthy, soft and shiny with lots of slip.

It did not work for me at all though, it felt like I hadn't used any conditioner at all! Just dry, extremely frizzy and flyaway hair.

I've heard it works for a lot of others though!

Shirlpunzel
November 17th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Mane'n'Tail has been good to me - but of course everyone's hair is different.

As far as there being two kinds.... I've heard all sorts of urban myths/horror stories regarding using the wrong one(around the same time it became a trend, of course, lol), but as far as buying at wal-mart I think you'll be ok. They have it with both the regular hair stuff and in the pets' section. The bottles are the same price, but about twice as big(maybe more) in pets. Cheapskate that I am, I compared ingredients, and it's the exact same stuff - so I get twice the conditioner for the same amount of money:D

Note: I am not saying that there are not two different formulas, only that what is in stock there is the same. I've seen Mane'n'Tail brand at lowe's, wal-green's, etc, and with all the "standard" brands, and in that setting you can probably be pretty sure you're getting the "people kind". If you spot M&T at the tack shop or agri-supply store however, maybe then it's best to think twice before using it(on yourself).

sorry for rambling... just remembering a time when for every person saying horse shampoo was a hair miracle, there was someone else claiming it would fry your hair and make it all fall out.
YMMV

Fillette
November 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I have tried it too. It was ok but it definitely isn't my favorite. It was a little to light to be used as my main conditioner. You might be able to use it for CO though!!!
Just my 2 cents... For all I know, you could try it and absolutely love it! Everybody's hair is different...
Good luck (if possible, try a sample first so you don't end up with a big bottle in case you don't like it)

Sammybunny711
December 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I've just used it for the first time (I CO every day to every other day) and my hair loved it. I used a suave cone-free for the first dirt removing application and then I used Mane and Tail condish for the deep one. My hair is volumized, smooth, and looks really nice. I think it is safe to say it works very well for me but I will give it a week to make sure no build up occurs. Of course, if it does, I'll just clarify. :o)

Anne~
December 6th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Yup tried it both shampoo and conditioner. Guess where it is......in the barn. No slip and made my hair frizz terribly, but it works great on my horses who usually use Suave!

lora410
December 6th, 2008, 01:57 PM
My hair loved it but I find i like the other cabellina horse one better (white bottle w blue letters) I compared ingrediants and the cabellina has more Eo's and such.

MandaMom2Three
December 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I just finished clarifying and used M&T to condition. I brushed in some oil after as I usually do and I didn't like how it felt, so I've got it up in an SMT right now (M&T, AVG & EVOO) and we'll see how it does. I would love SO MUCH if this would work for me!!

marajade
December 6th, 2008, 08:04 PM
My hair has been more frizzy lately and getting tangled- I wonder if this is why. I guess I will stop using it and see. I need to clarify too.

MandaMom2Three
December 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Well, even if it does nothing for me (which I suspect will be the case with the glycerin and lanolin *sigh*) I used it to CO my 4yo DD and it was MARVELOUS in her hair!!!! If it doesn't work on me, she'll use it!

MandaMom2Three
December 6th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Ok, I rinsed out the SMT made with M&T. My first impression was YUCK! Hair felt sticky, waxy and gross! I thought I'd wait for it to dry and evaluate then. WOW I'm glad I gave it a chance!! As it's drying it's becoming silky soft, incredibly shiny, and no gunk, it feels thick and strong but SOFT!!!!! I think I've hit the jackpot!!! Now I just need to find a way to deal with the flyaways since my usual damp oiling didn't seem to work with this product.

Stacy_E
December 7th, 2008, 04:09 AM
I tried it but I like other conditioners (generic Biolage Conditioning Balm obtainable at Sally's) much better. Now I use the leftover Mane 'N Tail conditioner to soften my woolly knits after washing with shampoo.

lora410
December 7th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Ok, I rinsed out the SMT made with M&T. My first impression was YUCK! Hair felt sticky, waxy and gross! I thought I'd wait for it to dry and evaluate then. WOW I'm glad I gave it a chance!! As it's drying it's becoming silky soft, incredibly shiny, and no gunk, it feels thick and strong but SOFT!!!!! I think I've hit the jackpot!!! Now I just need to find a way to deal with the flyaways since my usual damp oiling didn't seem to work with this product.

I've always found the worse my hair feels wet the softer it is when it is dry. If it feels silky when wet chances are it will dry horrible mess.

MandaMom2Three
December 7th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I've always found the worse my hair feels wet the softer it is when it is dry. If it feels silky when wet chances are it will dry horrible mess.

That is so weird, but I've noticed that too! :confused:

Sammybunny711
December 8th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Awww...you lucky people! If my hair feels yuck when it is wet...it is usually WORSE when it is dry. :o)

Sissy
January 3rd, 2009, 12:33 AM

Funny enough, I find that is also true for me!

plainjanegirl
January 3rd, 2009, 06:57 AM
Funny enough, I find that is also true for me!

Oh hate when my hair does that cause when it feels awful when it's wet then I start panicing thinking that I need to do something to fix it and make it better.

cami_henderson
January 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
Ok so i bought that the, i guess, Wal-mart brand Mane and Tail.

It's called Cabellina for Mane and Tail. It has the same ingedients. No cones, or SLS type stuff.

I did do an Ion Clarifiying Treatment before i shampooed. (which is the packet that you mix with 2 oz of water and it becomes like a gel that you put all over your hair for 20 minutes.)

I washed my hair for the first time with it today.
My hair is about between and chin and ear length, it has been dyed black, bleached with 40 developer, and dye bright electric red. (once i hadnt washed since before i put the red on).

Now my color fadded a bit. I chalk this up to some color fading out (it's been in a week) so i figured that fading was a given (not caused by the shampoo)

My hair though, is soft, (not straw like in the least), has lots of body.

I had bought Aussie leave in condintioner (in case my hair didnt like the no cones) but I havent had to use it.

Now I know this is just after on use, I'm curious to see if my hair still feels this way after i use it a few times. Or if it is going to freak out and beg for the cones back.

So for those that changed to cones, is this how your hair reacted? Did it like it then freak out? Or did it like it andyou have conintued with it.

girlcat36
January 3rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
I have been cone free for two years, and will never go back. My hair responded well immediately. Less tangles, frizz, and breakage.

cami_henderson
January 3rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
Like after the first washing?

lora410
January 3rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
I use this conditioner and really do love it :)

cami_henderson
January 3rd, 2009, 05:39 PM
I'm tell you i'm in love with my hair...a renewed love affair so to speak :o

Sissy
January 3rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
I'm kinda new here and have been trying a lot of things so I'm not sure yet. I seem to be doing fine without the cones but it's winter here and the air is cold and dry. I'm not sure if I might need cones in the summertime when it's hot and humid. I've been mainly using Giovanni products, which are organic and cone free. However, the other day I did a cholesterol treatment and followed up with some leftover cone conditioner (Paul Mitchell Insta Moisture) I had for a deep moisture treatment (as I heard you're supposed to after doing a cholesterol treatment) and my hair came out awesome... nice and straight. So, I guess my hair does well during winter with cones or without them. Sorry I can't give a more one-sided answer :)

girlcat36
January 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Like after the first washing?

Well, it's been two years so I kind of forget, but probably within the first few washings. It might have a lot to do with my hair type, though.

Darkhorse1
January 3rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
I use coney conditioners due to my job. Working outdoors and in all the elements, it protects it much better. I also keep it in a braid or bun when teaching, so that eliminates breakage. But, long hair has a higher risk of damage just simply because the length can get snagged into things. :)

cami_henderson
January 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
well lets see what my hair is like in a few days

its is cold and dry here too, but i always have a humidifer going in my bedroom.

janeytilllie
January 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Just wondering if anyone has ever used Mane and Tail horse shampoo on their hair and how did it turn out? I have read it's suppose to be good for humans too? :S and make hair strong???? :confused:

I have never used it. I'm just wondering

Darkhorse1
January 5th, 2009, 12:06 PM
No ideal for humans. The human formula is probably ok, but when I used the human stuff, it weighed my hair down badly. A client of mine uses the detangler on her fine, very curly hair and it's a godsend to her. I didn't like it for my hair at all.

Mane and Tail was forumlated for horses because of the coarseness of their manes/tails and the fact they live primarily in areas where tails and manes get snagged on things. The high cones in this product help create enough slip so that they slide through things rather than snag. :)

I hope that helps. I loved the stuff for horses! It helped my appy grow a tail :D :D :D

onelife
January 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I bought Mane and Tail's Herbal Gro shampoo and conditioner awhile back and have been using it since. I haven't noticed any differences in my hair =(

LovingLife
January 7th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Janey Tille I have seen your video on youtube!
It is incredibly helpful on how to grow hair

LovingLife
January 7th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I used it and my hair smelt lovely and slowly but surley became nicer!

Sissy
January 7th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone has ever used Mane and Tail horse shampoo on their hair and how did it turn out? I have read it's suppose to be good for humans too? :S and make hair strong???? :confused:

I have never used it. I'm just wondering

Yes, I have used it. I have also returned it to Sally Beauty Supply as I didn't feel it was anything special. I did not use it long-term, so I'm not sure if it would have made a diff. in rate of growth. I didn't like the way it made my hair feel. Anyhow, another horse product that's all the rage for growth now is called Mega-Tek. There are threads about it here. I haven't tried Mega-Tek, but I am considering it.

LittleOrca
February 12th, 2009, 03:25 AM
I was flipping through my sister's magazine and I saw an add for a product group called Mane 'n Tail. Looks like something for a horse, but it's being advertised for humans. Anyone know about this stuff?

chrissy-b
February 12th, 2009, 03:50 AM
HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/search.php?searchid=844245) are some things I found.

Heavenly Locks
February 12th, 2009, 04:09 AM
I use it for washing my horses and it works well for them. :) It can be used for people or animals...

OhioLisa
February 12th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I actually tried the conditioner ONCE. Ugh. It left a thick, almost waxy residue on my hair. It was nasty feeling, to say the least. :shudder:

Tap Dancer
February 12th, 2009, 05:40 AM
This stuff has been around for ages. I've used the Moisturizing Conditioner off and on in the past. It's average; no better or worse than most regular conditioners.

Buggheart
February 12th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Yep, it's been around for ages, I agree. I have tried it probably twice and was disappointed. I just saw it again at WalMart last weekend and was tempted for some reason but I managed to just walk away.

AJoifulNoise
February 12th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I actually tried the conditioner ONCE. Ugh. It left a thick, almost waxy residue on my hair. It was nasty feeling, to say the least. :shudder:

Ditto. I gave it away.

cobblersmaid
February 12th, 2009, 06:21 PM
It made mine nasty and waxy, but my sister's hair was amazing with it. Its not too pricey, so I would give it a go, if I were you.

RancheroTheBee
February 13th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I was rather fond of the conditioner, actually, back in the day when I was all gung-ho about being 'cone-free. I didn't really feel any waxy residue; then again, it's pretty much meant for horses, so... uhm. I'm a pony?

Copasetic
February 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I tried their leave in olive oil conditioner, and wasn't happy with it. It smelled weird, and made my hair feel like it was coated in grime. And I think they are pretty overpriced.

Darkhorse1
February 13th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Mane N Tail is for horses---horses's tails /manes are very coarse/thick. Due to the life of a horse, their tails especially, get stuck in lots of trees/burrs etc. The waxy coating is to allow more slip so a horse's tail/man don't get ripped out due to whatever is on it/stuck into.

Mane N Tail helped my appy grow a tail!! The conditioner was awesome--for my appy :D I used the human version and found it didn't work at all.

However, Little Orca, since you swim, this product might be very good for you to use before you go into the pool. It's very heavy/waxy, so it will protect your hair while you swim. I'd wash after of course, but it will protect your growing length :D I'd just use the conditioner though, not the shampoo.

A client of mine uses the detangler and swears by it. She has waist long, very fine, curly hair.

82exoticbeauty
July 25th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I only use the conditioner of Mane 'N Tail original! It boost my hair into growing fast, not miracle all fast, but it boost my hair growth rate! Anybody here use a shampoo or conditioner for hair growth? Any growth at all? it's okay if others didn't experience any hair growth since it varies others!

RancheroTheBee
July 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Not really. It did help me grow out damage, though, and I love that stuff!

Naamah
July 25th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I used to have some of that. I'm not sure if it helped with growth because I never measured my hair then. But it did make my hair very shiny and smooth.

Oberon88
July 25th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I really liked using it, but then I felt like I was getting a lot of buildup from it. So I used the rest on my horses. I might try it again though.

Lord Bélgorôth
July 25th, 2009, 10:43 PM
I used to use that and it made my hair nice and shiny, but I'm not sure if it helped my hair grow faster, and my hair already grows fairly quick. Maybe I should try using it again.

Nyghtingale
July 25th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I used to use it all the time, I love the conditioner

redneckprincess
July 26th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I have used it and really liked it but I got better results with NIOXIN though thats alot more expensive, I am not using either at the moment.
I did just run across an old bottle of the M&T condit. and gave it to my DD12 see if she likes it

jojo
July 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM
It made my hair ever so dry after a period of using it. I much prefer mega tek (try the search feature) and have noticed a slight speed in my growth pattern.

There also monastat which again has been successful to lots of folk on here in speeding the growth pattern up.

lindenblossom
July 28th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I am currently using the original Mane n' Tail conditioner for CO washes and am very happy with it. I haven't been using it long enough to notice any difference in growth, but I'll do an experiment and report back with results~I plan on trying the Mane n' Tail herbal conditioner after I run out of the original.

It's nice that their bottles are a plastic that is easily recycled in my city, and they state that they do not test on animals.

nowxisxforever
July 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
It's nice that their bottles are a plastic that is easily recycled in my city, and they state that they do not test on animals.

Well, they designed it for horses, so I'm sure they tried it on themselves then on their horses, or just on their horses...

GermanCurl
July 30th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I used the Mane N Tail herbal w/olive oil and really liked it however the Mane N Tail original dried out my hair so now I'm using Avalon Organics Lavender.
Anyway, I don't think Mane N Tail made my hair grow faster, it just seemed healthier with the Mane N Tail herbal.

shadowclaw
July 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I like the way the shampoo and conditioner smell. I'm not overly fond of the shampoo. It makes my hair feel rough. I do like the conditioner, though. It could be a little more moisturizing. Unfortunately, I never experienced any rapid growth with it. I am interested in trying the herbal version... not for growth, but just to see if the shampoo is any better.

prettigurl
August 12th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I bought some the other day and so far I like it. I just cowashed with it and did an acv rinse. My hair feels really strong, but it does leave your hair feeling coated.

Chamomile betty
August 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM
My SIL uses the Mane n Tail Detangler on my niece. Nothing would get the knots out until she remembered a old girlfriend using the brand.

I have never tried the S&C though it sounds tempting. It might be something to try when my Infusium23 is gone.

Glad you found something that works.

Darkhorse1
August 13th, 2009, 12:26 PM
A client of mine with very long, curly hair uses the detangler and it's the only thing that works for her. :) She loves it.

RancheroTheBee
August 13th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I never got that waxy feeling people talk about. I really love Mane N' Tail, actually. It's one of my favorite conditioners.

lonestargal
August 13th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I never got that waxy feeling people talk about. I really love Mane N' Tail, actually. It's one of my favorite conditioners.

Me too!! I've never had the waxy feeling either and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the detangler!!!

prettigurl
August 16th, 2009, 04:03 AM
I've been using the conditioner for about a week and it seems like I already have 1/4 inch of growth in some areas. I cowash with it every other day and today I used it as a leave in conditioner.

Darkhorse1
August 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
It helped my appy's tail grow out :D But, that's because she had sweet itch and rubbed her tail. The method behind Mane N Tail was to coat the tail/mane so that things did not catch in them to break off the hairs. That's all I understood of it. I even got my appy's tail long enough to bang! :D (For horsey people, you'll know that's unheard of for appaloosas!)

apynip
August 18th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Has anyone used them?
My mom used to use them way back in the day when it was in its hay day and she said they worked well but i was wondering your opinions on the products.

Mostly on the shampoo and conditioner. no 2 'n 1 my hair hates that stuff.

thanks.

AJoifulNoise
August 18th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I know some people swear by the conditioner, but it made my hair feel like it was coated in wax.

pdy2kn6
August 18th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I've never used them but I really wanted to. I never actually got round to ordering any because of fearing they may contain sulfates/cones or parabens. Does anyone know if they do?

Sammybunny711
August 18th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I used the condish as part of my CO routine for a while and it worked well in my hair. I think my hair likes protein every now and then, though. i wouldn't use it everyday.

Heavenly Locks
August 18th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I've used them for my horses and can tell you that it IS rather heavy and waxy. :o

Belledandy
August 18th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I used to use the conditioner when I lived in a really dry climate. I still use it when my hair needs extra moisture. It's really nice for shaving your legs/underarms! I don't know if I'd use the shampoo. I'm not sure I'd want anything strong enough to remove horse pee on my hair. ;)

fireyfurnace
August 25th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I just bought Mane n Tail shampoo and conditioner, I heard it's supposed to be good for you hair (and skin) and considering the size of the bottle, it's a fair price. Any thoughts or experiences with this product?

I've used it twice so far, and I like it. Generally my policy on S & C is they seem to work better if you change what your using from time to time.

Also - on a side note - I reached a goal today! I was able to put my hair up in a high bun and it actually looks OK! :cheese:It took a little tugging and bobby pinning to make it look right, but hey, it's up, right?! It's nice to get it out of my face...:p

Ruvie
August 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM
OOOH, I used mane n' tail religiously when I was little!! (I called it horsie tail shampoo) I love that stuff! Haven't used it in years, I should try it again!

Spring
August 25th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about Mane n tail so I purchased the conditioner. I used it a few times and for me it was just 'ok' .

PorcelainHorror
January 21st, 2010, 02:56 AM
Well I've started using Mane n' Tail conditioner (no shampoo, I don't use it.) and really like it. It's made my hair softer and happier. :]

Have you ever used it?
What is your opinions on it?

Thanks~

shadowclaw
January 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM
I have a big bottle of the shampoo and the conditioner. I should probably just throw away the shampoo, because I'm never going to use it again unless by some weird chance I run out of all my other shampoos (which would be difficult, because I have a lot of shampoo laying around).

It's not that it's really a horrible shampoo, it just doesn't make my hair feel very nice. I've used worse, though. I much prefer my Herbal Essences Color Me Happy shampoo for my SLS needs.

The conditioner is a different story. While it's not the best, it's not terrible. It does leave my hair soft and reasonably smooth, but it's not moisturizing enough and I get better results with other conditioners. Typically, I just use it for DT when I don't have any V05 laying around.

Chrissy
February 2nd, 2010, 04:06 AM
Does anyone use this? Do you like it? Before I did the big chop I used it all the time and loved it. Then after I cut I stopped using it. Now that my hair is getting long again I bought some and I'm so happy I did. It makes my hair feel so much better. I need to look at the label because I can't remember if it has cones. I don't think so but I'm not sure.

Anyway I was just wondering what your experience has been if you have tried it.

redneckprincess
February 2nd, 2010, 04:12 AM
i liked it my hair didnt always like the condish...but I bet it would now, now that my hair isnt all damaged and fried beyond repair, lol

Shield31
February 2nd, 2010, 04:46 AM
The blue shampoo and the yellow condish. My hair loves it. When I can find it, I buy it. Our local Sally's closed and I haven't located more yet. I also use the spray bottle of strengthener/leave in. DW and I both use it!!

:)

Chrissy
February 2nd, 2010, 06:34 AM
There is blue shampoo?? I've only seen yellow for both poo and condish.

Shield31
February 2nd, 2010, 06:55 AM
The Blue Shampoo is the extra moisture version. There is also a white shampoo version that I used when I couldn't find the Blue. I think the white was for extra thickness. I didn't like the white as much as the blue. Sally's always had the yellow condish. They would mostly have the white shampoo and once in a while, they would have the blue. I'd buy extra blue. :)

I also found I could dilute both the shampoo and condish by about 1/3 to 1/2 with water and still got great results.

You can see their other products here:

http://www.manentail.com/products/personal/shampoo.asp

Chrissy
February 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks Shield! I love learning new things. :)

Just checked out the site. It's great!

Renbirde
February 3rd, 2010, 01:31 AM
I have the shampoo and detangler. The shampoo seems to be cone free. It does, however, have SLS. Dunno if that matters to you... The detangler is almost pure cones-- there's no water in it at all. It made my hair metallic-- there's a picture in my LHC blog, I believe. Scary shiny!

Ah! Found the picture.
http://i43.tinypic.com/wk23aa.jpg (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=45045)

pepperedmoth
February 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I just used the yellow condish for the first time. Love it! It's 'cone free. I also like that it comes in a HUGE bottle- I go through a lot of conditioner.

I didn't buy the shampoo because it does have sulfates, which dry out my hair like no one's business.

Fairlight63
February 14th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I just bought some & tried it yesterday. It was the white shampoo & yellow cond. I really like it, it made my hair feel so soft! My hair feels like hair again & not all dried out like straw or something.
I hope that it is good for my hair because out of all the shampoo's & cond. I have (and I have a LOT trying to find something that works on my hair) I like it the best so far. I also like the smell of my hair after using it.
I also like it that you can just put it on & rinse it off & not have to wait 3 min. before rinsing out waiting in a cold bathroom (Brrrr)

MinRice
February 14th, 2010, 08:59 PM
When I actually had hair (but that's another story!) I used this all the time. I LOVE the blue shampoo and the conditioner is great. My hair always loved it and I really liked the smell too. Once I get some growth going I'd like to find some more!

CrisDee
February 15th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Does anybody CO with this stuff? Sounds like it might be a good compliment to the MegaTek I'm using on my scalp and nails.

jesamyn
February 15th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I use the Original (yellow and blue bottle?) conditioner and love it. It's the only thing I've found that really soaks into my hair and keeps it soft. There aren't any cones in the version I get.

I've never tried CO'ing with it.

Darkhorse1
February 15th, 2010, 06:31 PM
My hair HATED this stuff, but my horses's manes and tails LOVED it ;) There is one that is designed for humans, and one for horses btw. ;) I have a client who loves their detangler.

For horses, it's meant to keep the strands coated/silky as horses get their manes/tails snagged on things (burrs are brutal!). I also found it very moisturizing for my appy mare who had sweet itch at the base of her tail. I'd rub in the conditioner to that and it made the sweet itch go away AND helped her lack of appy tail grow! :)

Glad to see so many sucess stories :D

Prettychild
February 22nd, 2010, 03:34 AM
Does anybody CO with this stuff? Sounds like it might be a good compliment to the MegaTek I'm using on my scalp and nails.

I am using MegaTek as the moment, and Mane and Tail products!
I CO with the yellow and sometimes the blue condish (sometimes I even mix both). The yellow cond you can use as a leave-in btw (instructions on the bottle). I co-wash 2/week and use the original mane and tail yellow shampoo once a week to remove buildup.

I have to say that the shampoo and cond stopped my dandruff and awful itchy scalp (yes, I know I sound like an info commercial). My hair is doing so much better, and growing, growing!!!!

Prettychild
February 22nd, 2010, 03:52 AM
I am pretty happy with my Mane and Tail shampoo and cond. I only use the shamppo 1 week and co wash a couple. I have both the original and the moisturising versions which I combine. I have tried many non sls shampoo but only mane and tail stopped the dandruff and the itchiness!

lindenblossom
February 23rd, 2010, 02:03 PM
The Mane n' Tail conditioner works great for CO, at least for me.

I dilute it and shake it up when I use it, since it's pretty thick. A large bottle lasts a long time.

jacoblvmariah
March 3rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
The first time I used Mane n Tail I was like.. I don't know about this!!! but after I gave it about a week or two my hair started to get use to it and I grew like 2 1/2 inches on my hair.. I was like wow..It works for me not sure about everybody else tho. everyone is differnt... It grew that 2 1/2 inches in about a month not two weeks lol. but Im a faithful user now. :cheese:

Talleen
March 5th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I used to use this stuff as a kid. The funny thing on my horse we used the cheap stuff... suave, we NEVER used the expensive stuff on our horses.... unless they were showing. It was a waste of money. But on my hair it was fab at the time, but the build up was something awful.

cellardoor
March 7th, 2010, 02:52 PM
ladystar your hair in your sig picture is absolutely gorgeous!! I've always wanted my hair to look like that

plainjanegirl
March 7th, 2010, 03:45 PM
The first time I used Mane n Tail I was like.. I don't know about this!!! but after I gave it about a week or two my hair started to get use to it and I grew like 2 1/2 inches on my hair.. I was like wow..It works for me not sure about everybody else tho. everyone is differnt... It grew that 2 1/2 inches in about a month not two weeks lol. but Im a faithful user now. :cheese:

That's alot of growth for even in a month ! Were you using both the shampoo and conditioner or just one?

Pandora.
June 7th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Has anyone ever used it?
If so, what are your thoughts on it?

HintOfMint
June 7th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Loved it, however I may phase it out of my regime soon because of all the protein in it.

For a while, it was great. My scalp was happy (Keep in mind, my scalp LOVES SLS), my hair was soft and full, and my ends weren't dry and crunchy. However, I'm starting to get a bit of roughness at the ends that I am pretty sure is due to the protein in it.
If your hair is anything like mine, have a moisturizing non-protein conditioner on hand to give your hair a break from mane 'n tail.

LadyMeadows
June 7th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I like the smell of it, but that's about it. I really didnt think the shampoo was very cleansing. It seemed not to lather up well. The conditioner, though, I liked and usually use it often.

All in all, I dont think the price is worth the quality you get. Then again, I have yet to find a shampoo that I absolutely love.

virgo75
June 7th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I like the set of shampoo + conditioner and I like using the conditioner as a leave-in.
It feels like it sinks into my hair and actually gets rid of my frizz - my hair is curly and fine and prone to frizz. Also love the smell. :)

However, I can't use it alone all the time because the protein in it can make my hair feel dry so I alternate with more moisturizing shampoos & conditioners(Garnier Length & Strength and Aussie Moist + 3 Minute Miracle).

JenniferNoel
June 7th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I love it, been using it for about six months now with no urge to change anything. The protein can be a little bit much for certain hair types but mine absolutely loves it. The shampoo is pretty cleansing for me, and the conditioner is very softening and leaves my wavy hair with great body and bounce.
For finer hair though, I've heard more negative feedback. I'm a M.

MarlieJane
June 7th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks for posting about this. I'd forgotten all about Mane 'n Tail! My mom used to buy it for me back when I was a teen living with my parents. I really liked it then, I think I'll have to pick some up again :-)

sarah061
June 7th, 2010, 04:29 PM
There's some reviews of it over in the review section:

http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/showproduct.php/product/244/cat/2

PineappleJello
June 7th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I use the conditioner, when I was little I use to steal the shampoo and conditioner from our horses. Anyways, I feel it works really awesome. Just picked up another bottle today.

Also you can get it at Wal-Mart, just look in the pet section, it's in a litre bottle.

Stormcast
June 7th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Made my hair really waxy feeling, and more breakable. Wouldn't recomend it if you really want to be careful with your hair!

amoulixes
June 7th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Made my hair really waxy feeling, and more breakable. Wouldn't recomend it if you really want to be careful with your hair!

Same for me, felt impossible to rinse out. Felt greasy and heavy. When I washed it next, my hair felt like solid wax.

mellie89
June 7th, 2010, 08:34 PM
There is a pretty long thread about Mane 'n Tail somewhere, but I am terrible at searching. Maybe someone else can find it?

I never tried the shampoo, but I like the conditioner. I didn't notice any super growth or thickness or anything, but it's cheap and gets the job done. It leaves my fine hair really soft. It's not a great detangler for me, however. Also, if you're hair doesn't like protein, you may want to stay away.

gypsychild
June 7th, 2010, 08:39 PM
My mom and I had originally bought it for the dog and started using it. I liked it, but the conditioner usually made my hair too heavy. Would have kept using it, but the price crept up recently for some reason.

anthonyswife
June 7th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I never tried the shampoo, but I liked the conditioner well enough. It's a good deal for it's size. It didn't seem quite moisturizing enough when I was using shampoo, but I have very dry and frizzy hair. I've been meaning to try it again now that I'm doing CO, I bet it would work great. Like one of the other ladies on here said, it doesn't provide very good detangling.

dainaleeo2
June 7th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Oh i remember using those! i used them once when i was younger, in my high school days, because i heard the rumor that 'they would make your hair grow faster' :p
I used them again in college, as i was reminded of the products, & i do really like the conditioner at least. I don't use shampoo anymore, but i've been told that it's pretty gentle. I don't remember if it was or wasn't, but i did like the conditioner a lot :)
They make a deep conditioner now too if i remember correctly. & a detangler too which was pretty good :)

runaway177
June 7th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I use the conditioner only and my hair has been responding well to it. I just finished a bottle a few days ago but I haven't bought another bottle since I'm giving my hair a protein break to gain some more moisture instead.

Arianwen
September 13th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Is Mane n' Tail actually bad for hair? Does anyone here use their products? Thanks...

aenflex
September 13th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Too much protein for me, I think. Come to think of it I havent read the label in years and years, but I remember it making my hair stiff, and me writing it off as loaded with proteins that my hair just doesn't need. I'm sure loads of people love it though - it's been around so long it must sell.

Arianwen
September 13th, 2010, 10:20 AM
What about the detangling spray? I think I need something to detangle before I comb for updos/braids etc...

mellie89
September 13th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I don't think it's inherently bad, just full of protein, like aenflex said. I used the conditioner for about a year without any problems. It isn't terribly moisturizing, so if you have dry hair, you may want to try something else.

I've never tried the shampoo or detangling spray.

swivelhop
September 13th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I used mane n tail shampoo and conditioner for about a year. The only problem was the conditioner is a bit waxy (which I don't mind) but I worked in a very dusty enviroment (not a good combination).

aenflex
September 13th, 2010, 11:58 AM
There are some very good reviews, Arianwen, here on this site. I just went thru all 17 pages of the conditioner reviews. It's either Burts Bees or Aubrey that has a highy rated leave in spray/detanger. You should check the reviews they are soooo helpful! :)

GoddesJourney
September 13th, 2010, 12:12 PM
It is a bit waxy, no problem. I used it and had no problem. I imagine all that protein would be good for chemically treated hair. As for the detangler, I've tried it. It is the most heavily coned thing I have ever seen. It's like putting teflon on your hair. There is actually a warning on the back to not spray it over any potentially slippery surfaces. I tried to be careful putting it in my hair, but the tile in the bathroom was dangerously slippery for awhile after that. It was difficult to get the floor back to it's normal texture. I imagine that if you just spray or pour some into your hand and then apply it to your hair it would work fine. I would recommend it only for someone who has incredibly delicate and easy to tangle hair, like a fine haired friend on a windy day, or one of those people who have mentioned really serious tangles that take hours to remove. Also remember that there are some serious cones in that thing, so it will require some shampooing.

Ursula
September 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM
It's been years since I used these, but from what I remember, the shampoo was pretty unremarkable and the conditioner was heavy an waxy. In combination, the shampoo wasn't strong enough to get the conditioner out of my hair, so there was a lot of buildup. This was pre-LHC, when I was just doing the normal shampoo followed by conditioner routine, so it isn't as if I wasn't using enough shampoo to not have it wash out its matched conditioner.

Looking at the ingredient lists, the shampoo is a rather unremarkable SLS based formula. Not surprising that it didn't work for me, as my hair, if I shampoo, does better with ALS formulas. The conditioner has emulsifying wax in it, quite high on the ingredient list. (Even higher than the cetyl alcohol!)

talecon
September 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I use it its perfectly fine for my hair. the conditioner I primarily use to wash out henna because its great for that. after two conditioner washes all the henna is out of my hair. the shampoo is very lathery or however you say it. its very slippery so you can possibly put too much but once you get how much you're supposed to use to wash your hair its fine. I haven't tried the detangler

virgo75
September 13th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I love the way Mane n' Tail works on my hair, but when I use it I have to alternate with other products because of the protein(as others have said).

I wish I could use it all the time because it tames my hair and makes it soooo shiny and thick. But the ends dry out if I use it exclusively.

I've tried the detangle spray and it's extremely coney. I like cones sometimes, but it's too much coney goodness for my hair. Makes it feel like it's coated in plastic.

Hope that helps. :flower:

JenniferNoel
September 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I've been using Mane n' Tail for about 9 months on and off, and the only thing, agreeing with above posts, is the over-abundance of protein. My hair does like protein, I just switch to a different product when I get too much of it. I only use the "original" shampoo and conditioner, I have tried the deep moisturizing line but it is a little too 'coney for my taste. Worked well though for a while.
The conditioner is good, although they say it can be used as a leave-in, it tends to get a little bit of a waxy buildup when I do. So I don't recommend it for that.
It's by no means "bad" for hair, it's just one of those products where it requires a certain hair type to work properly. :)

phistash
September 13th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I use the conditioner for my CWC method, and it works very well for my hair. I have very persnickety hair, though, and it took me a couple of years to find products/routines that work for me.

Stagecoach
September 13th, 2010, 05:26 PM
When my hair was shorter, (bsl to waist) I loved using Mane 'n Tail, but past that length, the buildup it creates was getting too much. I don't use it at all now.

Natalia
September 13th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I havent used it in many years so i cant speak from personal experiance but as with any hair product everyoen will react differently depending on type, texture, routine, damage, ect... I can tell you though that my brothers ex has used it for years and had healthy thick hip length hair most of that time. She bought the big bottles from the horse supply and just poured herself soem to take inside lol :p.

RachelRain
September 14th, 2010, 12:56 AM
I haven't used it in years but found the giant bottles at walmart and am considering picking them up. My dad used to work at a farm and his boss always ordered extra for him to take home for me (I looked like a ragamuffin) and my mom says that the stuff literally saved my hair. Apparently it was the only way she could comb through it afterwards. She did chop it off eventually, but I think that was because she didn't want to teach me how to deal with it and she was annoyed with having to do it for me.

(Obviously that's in reference to the conditioner, but I know she used them both together on me, and for years. I don't recall any detangler sprays though so I can't help with that.)

WaitingSoLong
September 14th, 2010, 07:07 AM
It is great for detangling, which is what it was intended for on horses.

I would agree with most of what was said above. Not something you want to use as an all-the-time conditioner. I used it as a deep treatment on dry hair. But then it basically has to be washed out (as opposed to rinsed out)

I did not realize it was heavy on protein, which explains why, if I used it more than once in a row, my hair seemed dry. I am not very good at interpreting all those latin ingredient words.

The spray was VERY heavy and made my head look greasy. I needed a huge clarify after a few uses of the spray.

I just use it on my horses now as I have found a better way to deep treat my hair. I have also started using a different leave-in as well.

Carolyn
September 14th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I used Mane and Tail before LHC. The shampoo was nothing great and I stopped using the conditioner because it made my hair stiff. Now I know that was too much protein. I remember the conditiAoner wasn't moisturizing. Again that was pre-LHC standards. I wouldn't recommend the line as it didn't work for me but as you know YMMV and they could have changed the formulation since then.

Babyfine
September 15th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I use the original conditioner in rotation. I shampoo 2X a week and put Nioxin Scalp therapy on my scalp, and alternate between the MNT and a moisturizing cond. each time-from the ears down only. I never use the MNT on my scalp. The MNT is so great at detangling my fine, fragile, chemically treated hair. So far I've never had a problem with buildup-my hair seems to like the protein, but I do shampoo 2X a week.

LadyLongLocks
September 30th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I used the Shampoo and Conditioner one time. Never again. My hair hated it. I may have used too much shampoo. The conditioner did not work for me either. The smell of the products were not great IMO. I gave them away. I had got the huge bottles too.

angelfell
September 30th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Hearing that Mane N' Tail makes your hair grow faster, I hurried out and purchased some from Sally's Beauty Supply. I was disappointed that it makes my hair feel dry and it didn't have very much of a sheen at all :/. The conditioner just seemed like i kept needing more when I put it on, I never felt like it really saturated my hair enough. I mean it wasn't horriibblleee, but it just wasn't for me.

PrincessBob
September 30th, 2010, 11:26 AM
The detangler is like the silicone spray we used on the Giant Slide when I was a carnie to make the potato sacks slide smoother. It is very slippery, only use it over a carpet or cement! Any tile or linoleum surface will become a deathtrap. That being said it does a great job detangling.

I like the shampoo okay and the scent isn't obnoxious, but the transition from M&T to a 'poo bar was horrific, the buildup that I didn't know existed caked in my hair and made it wad around the gunk.

Cowgirl16
October 2nd, 2010, 08:34 AM
I use the Mane and Tail as a leave in conditioner if I am going to be in the sun a lot. I use a small amount on my wet hair and then braid. I was told by a friend (who had hair to mid thighs:o), that it acts as a sunblock for your hair. I don't know if it really does but; she had beautiful hair so...what she says!

kuku
November 24th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Hello guys,

Did any one had good results with mane and tail shampoo??.im thinking of trying it.

Chrissy
November 24th, 2010, 05:43 AM
I use it and I like it! :) I also use Suave Naturals. I don't stick with the same shampoo for ever as my hair gets too used to it and it doesn't seem to work as well. So yes I use this and have had good results.

aenflex
November 24th, 2010, 09:33 AM
It's been ages since I've used it, but I don't think I liked it :( Unfortunately my hair hates protein....But a lot of other people have used it and loved it. I would get the smallest bottle possible in case you dont..

BellCat
November 24th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Im trying to find it everywhere! so excited to try it out. I've heard great things about it

Intransigentia
November 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I haven't tried the shampoo, but the conditioner is nice, as long as your hair likes protein (some people's hair loves it, others' hate it). {ETA: What I like about it is that it's very reasonably priced when you buy it in bulk, has no silicone (which my hair hates), doesn't have an overpowering scent, does a pretty good job detangling, and rinses out easily.}

From what I've heard horse-people say, it doesn't really promote faster growth, it's just that it seems to help prevent hairs breaking, so it looks like the mane or tail is growing faster, but actually, it's always been growing at that rate, just that breakage was cancelling it out.

Mileage for humans, of course, varies. We mostly have finer hair, live indoors, and aren't in the habit of rubbing our heads against fences and trees when we're itchy!

kuku
November 24th, 2010, 11:00 PM
thanks guys for your comments:)

@Bell Cat:What did you hear about it?Can you share with me and do let me know the results.

Actually my hair is v dry and damaged,but i noticed that egg hair masks improved my hair texture alot so it means mane n tail can work for me?

Great ill be posting the results soon!

Olyve
November 24th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Mane & Tail was all I would use growing up and my hair adores it. I stopped using it in my teens and pretty much stopped caring about my hair. I thought it was beyond repair until I started using it again in 2009 within 6 months of use my hair was healthier than it had ever been! I use it only when needed as my hair gets pretty lifeless if I am on a the same shampoo/conditioner too long.

Goodluck!

Chrissy
November 25th, 2010, 04:47 AM
BellCat - At Walmart it's in the pet section as it is for horses. I've found it a Walgreens too. I don't know where you are or if you have these stores.

Intransigentia
November 25th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I've found it in the shampoo section of most stores that have shampoo, but I buy mine at a pet and livestock supply store because it's a bit cheaper there.

The one downside to trying it is, the smallest bottle I've ever seen was 800mL, which is practically sample size for a horse. (The livestock store also has it in 5gal buckets!)

Chrissy
November 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
The bottles I have are 946ml or 32 oz. I have some smaller ones too for travel.

Gingevere
November 25th, 2010, 07:53 PM
There was a thread a while ago about using horse products. I don't believe I've ever tried Mane n' Tail, but I've seen it advertised in beauty magazines. I have used Cowboy Magic detangler/shine serum, which is great.

StressedTresses
January 19th, 2011, 12:32 PM
As a teenager when I was recovering from a horrible attempt at a pixie I always saw the ads for Mane 'n Tail in the back of the Seventeen magazine. I always wanted to try it and my mom would never buy it for me. My hair eventually grew out and I didn't think of it much after that.

Well, today I purchased some and I am hoping I didn't just waste my money but it was on BOGO sale, so I can use it as a lesson learned if that's the case!

Anyone have any positive experience with it? I suppose I'll take the negative responses too :p

-Brenda

PrincessBob
January 19th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I use it occasionally. I really enjoy the conditioner (both sls and cone-free) I totally prefer the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, but I like to shake up my hair routine once in a while to avoid a bunch of the same build-up. The detangler they sell is pretty much silicone and makes the bathroom a slipping hazard until it is fully mopped. I don't mean in the event of a spill, either, the mist settles on the tile and makes it dangerous, so be careful.

Copasetic
January 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I have only ever tried the leave in conditioner that comes in a tub. I didn't like it personally because it left my hair feeling like it was coated in grime. Though I guess if you only used a tiny bit, it might be ok.

Intransigentia
January 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I've never tried the shampoo, but I do like the conditioner. It tends to be a love-hate thing with Mane n Tail I think; some people's hair laps up the protein like a cat with saucer of cream*, and some people's hair gets nasty and full of buildup.

I'm pretty sure that the stuff about faster growth is just hype, though. It might protect against breakage, so if the reason your hair never seems to grow is that it's breaking off at the ends, you might perceive the results as faster growth.

*I know cream isn't very good for cats, but the image conveys what I want to say

virgo75
January 19th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I've used the shampoo & conditioner and also used the conditioner as a leave-in.
I really like it, but I have protein sensitive hair so it builds up over time. :(

I wish that didn't happen because I'd use it all the time otherwise.

If your hair is protein sensitive then you might be able to use it consisitantly if you alternate with a moisturizing conditioner that doesn't contain protein.

OhioLisa
January 19th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Check out this thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5666

WaitingSoLong
January 20th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I cannot use it as a regular conditioner. I love how it smells, tho and enjoy using it on my horses. I have tried most my horse's products on myself LOL. I have yet to find one I would recommend to be used on humans. However I have some great recommendations if you have horses....

However, the M&T conditioner makes a great deep conditioner, as long as I follow it with a wash. Super soft, but I have to wash it after. MY HAIR HATES protein so I have stopped using the M&T on anything but my horses.

anthonyswife
January 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I haven't tried the shampoo, but tried the conditioner about a year or so ago. At the time I was just s&c-ing with a sulfate shampoo and the conditioner wasn't moisturizing enough to keep up. However, I bet it would be a good conditioner for CWC or CO since it's relatively light and cheap and cone-free.

Intransigentia
January 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM
However, I bet it would be a good conditioner for CWC or CO since it's relatively light and cheap and cone-free.

Yes, that's what I use it for. Also for getting Lush caca grits and bits out of my hair.

Kaelee
January 20th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Wow, it's been forever since I used that stuff! I mean YEARS! But I remember liking it and want to try it again. I'd completely forgotten about it.

lookingglass
January 20th, 2011, 02:57 PM
DH uses the condish as a leave in and has since we've been together (13ish years!). His curls are loppy, lucious, and shiny-it's his HG. My hair, however, hates protein and M&T leaves it crunch and dull.

Nevada Rose
January 23rd, 2011, 02:18 AM
I love trying new products, but I always go back to Mane &Tail. No other product makes my hair feel as good and healthy.

jojo
January 23rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
I tried both the shampoo and conditioner when my hair was shorter and was very anti-protein. It felt great at first but then tended to go dryish, so i gave mine away. My hair now loves protein, so lesson to be learnt if it doesnt suit now, it could well do when you have longer hair!

Oh and a warm welcome from me!

pepperedmoth
January 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
I use the conditioner, and I've been faithful to it for at least a year now. My hair likes the conditioner (the protein, I presume), I like the smell, and I don't get buildup.

Definitely my favorite conditioner to date- I haven't been tempted by any others!

The shampoo, on the other hand . . . my hair is practically ALLERGIC to sulfates, so I don't use it. Dry, crispy, crumbling ends requiring significant trims are my wages for using sulfates.

ETA: It's not expensive at all where I live . . . are you outside the US?

PeaceLoveHair
January 23rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
Hmm, as a product junkie, I'm curious to try this product. =)

Chamomile betty
January 23rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
I never would have tried the brand if my SIL did not use it on her daughters. The detangler is fantastic for getting out little fairy knots in hair. I just love it. I do not need much of it either. I do use the shampoo on occasion. Those are the only two products I use.

Hth