PDA

View Full Version : Does my hair look healthy? (PICS)

irishlady
October 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM
Hello to everyone, and hope you're having a lovely day :)

Well I have been here for nearly 7 months now, and have been trying my best to be good to my hair.

I rarely blow dry it now, and don't use any other heat whatsoever, I don't wash it every day, mind you it does like cones.
I also deep oil with coconut before I wash, and a bit on days in between.

I still have days when it goes lank and disgusting, like today, but for the most part it's a lot better.

It's a bit uneven at the moment because I'm growing out layers, and these pics were taken at the end of August, it's a little bit longer than that now, that also my natural auburny brown colour.

I'm not fishing for compliments, I promise, I'm just interested to see what all you trusted hair gurus think, and if you can give me any advice if you think it looks dull.

Thanks and God bless :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6191&pictureid=83756

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6191&pictureid=83755

LaurelSpring
October 1st, 2010, 08:29 AM
It looks shiny and healthy to me. What you are doing is working! It certainly doesnt have that frizzy dried out look that damaged hair has.

angelfell
October 1st, 2010, 08:30 AM
I think it looks healthy :) it has shine, and depth, and even the ends don't look very damaged (if so) at all! Reminds me of my hair, straighter towards the top with a wave at the bottom.. except I have split ends and all from damage :p

Angel_Abby
October 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
I'm no expert-- but I wouldn't mind having it! Its very healthy looking!:)

kitschy
October 1st, 2010, 08:46 AM
Yep - looks healthy to me. Very Pretty!

Ravenne
October 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
Wow! Look at that shine! I wish my hair was that healthy. I say keep doing whatever it is you're doing. :)

Love your color too. Gorgeous!

Elly
October 1st, 2010, 09:06 AM
looks great ^^ you have really nice hair.

KittyLost
October 1st, 2010, 09:13 AM
Your hair looks happy and healthy to me :)

lilalong
October 1st, 2010, 09:15 AM
Very healthy and pretty!

Centaur
October 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
Your hair is very pretty and looks healthy to me! And, I see the shorter hairs around your crown - new hairs growing in:D

irishlady
October 1st, 2010, 10:04 AM
Aww thanks everyone, you're very kind.

@ Centaur: Yes :D...I'm so glad, but it's annoying too when I want to wear my hair loose, the second I step outside those hairs frizz up big time, so my hair just goes poof. lol

Sheltie_Momma
October 1st, 2010, 10:08 AM
Keep on keepin' on - it looks good.

TinaDenali
October 1st, 2010, 10:14 AM
Looks great!! Nice shine, no frizz - looks like you're doing it right! :D

Sooze
October 1st, 2010, 10:16 AM
Your hair looks great. I'd be happy if mine was as shiny and healthy looking as that :) Mine was trashed about three months ago after a bad hair dye experience. Am still suffering a nasty skin allergy now as a result and have lost some hair, so aspiring to get mine back into health and grow out the layers. Your hair's lovely!

katha
October 1st, 2010, 10:46 AM
That's not dull at all! I like the wave. :)

growing2shine
October 1st, 2010, 11:06 AM
I think your hair looks very pretty and healthy. And I really love the wavyness.:flower:

pepperminttea
October 1st, 2010, 11:13 AM
Looks good to me; shiny and healthy. Love the braidwaves, too. :)

Sagi1982
October 1st, 2010, 11:50 AM
Yes, it looks very healthy and silky imho!:)

talecon
October 1st, 2010, 11:52 AM
yea I agree - thats definitely healthy hair you have there :)

Luckysock
October 1st, 2010, 11:53 AM
I agree - it looks super healthy! Do you feel it looks like that in person too? sometimes mine looks better in photos. But if your's is shiny like that, then yeah its in amazing condition!

serious
October 1st, 2010, 12:02 PM
Looks soft, shiny and healthy to me.
Very pretty!

little_acorn
October 1st, 2010, 12:24 PM
Shiny and healthy :flower:

ericthegreat
October 1st, 2010, 01:57 PM
Irishlady, your hair is indeed very shiny and healthy. When I clicked on your thread I was expecting someone with a dry, dull, damaged head of hair but that is the furthest thing from what you have. I also love the waves in your hair!

Chestershire
October 1st, 2010, 03:00 PM
no worries, it looks very healthy! :)

Shellby
October 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
Whatever you are doing keep it up. Looks beautiful!

Qwackie
October 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
You don't need to ask to know that, it's awesome!~

ladylafee
October 1st, 2010, 03:29 PM
Your hair looks very shiny and pretty!

1nuitblanche
October 1st, 2010, 03:58 PM
It looks fine :-) Pretty healthy and thick.

irishlady
October 1st, 2010, 05:25 PM
Thank you all so much for your lovely replies :)

I suppose because I live with and see my hair everyday, it doesn't look the same to me as it does to other people.

You have all made my week let alone my day.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

LilYaYa56
October 12th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Your hair looks very healthy- it is so shiny!

Venefica
October 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM
The hair looks pretty and healthy to me. It is beautiful hair. When I look very closely at the pictures it might look just a hint dry, but that is not unhealthy, that might just be the natural way your hair is, just like some of us have more dry skin than others. But all round your hair is beautiful.