PDA

View Full Version : I just S&D....now what?(CONFUSED)

evampr18
September 30th, 2010, 10:14 PM
[quosiorpew'ap'ote][/quote]q U O T E

Bene
September 30th, 2010, 10:59 PM
As far as I know, you're not supposed to do anything. It's not really a "should you do something" sort of a thing, it's more of a "do you feel like it" thing. Every bit of advice you'll find on this site is really about trial and error and experimenting to see what your hair needs.

1. I've never heard of anyone soaking their ends in oil so they don't split. There is no "next step" after an S&D. Ideally, you would want to look for long term ways to prevent damage and avoid split ends. I've heard of people soaking their hair in oil as a pre-wash treatment. Some people use oil as a way to keep moisture in, that's where the "sealing" comes in. Some people lightly oil when their hair is dry to keep it easier to manage.

2. Your washing method depends on what your hair wants and what you feel like doing with it. Does your hair respond to WO? If yes, then do that. If not, then don't. The only way to find out if your hair likes it is to try it. There's no one thing you should do.

3. Wearing your hair up is definitely helpful, because it keeps your length up and out of harm's way. Buns or braids, it depends on what you feel comfortable with. I prefer buns but other people prefer braids.

4. Wash your hair whenever you feel like your hair needs washing. If it's oily, greasy, smelly, then that's probably the time that you need a wash. Preferably before it gets like that. Only you can know what schedule your hair needs to be on.

I tend to look at S&D's as one way to manage split ends without having to go and get a trim.

christine1989
September 30th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I don't think you need to do any special follow up treatments. As long as you used good quality scissors then they should be just fine. The only thing I would reccomend is to S&D regularly to get rid of any new splits and to protect the ends as much as you can.

evampr18
October 1st, 2010, 12:04 AM
Alright, thank you ladies. I need to research more oils, the only one in my house is olive oil and I use it to cook.