PDA

View Full Version : S&D

shockinglength
September 30th, 2010, 05:55 PM
How has regular S&D missions affected your hair? Has it improved the quility of it? Made the ends much thinner? Or maybe made you depressed because you continually found 'millions' of splits???

Dragon
September 30th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I find it helps the condition of my hair and doesent make my ends thin.

pepperminttea
September 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM
It helps; I can go longer between trims without worrying my ends are all damaged (and that it's travelling up). My hemline does get a little uneven the longer I go before a proper trim, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a self micro-trim, and I normally only lose an inch or two, as opposed to the 6+ inches I used to lose every time I saw a hairdresser to get rid of the damage.

GeoJ
September 30th, 2010, 06:35 PM
S&D improves my hair; it helps reduce tangling by removing split ends, bends, and fairy knots. It also helps me to go longer between trims, and takes care of splits that occur higher up (whereas trimming only takes care of the ends).

It doesn't make my hair look thinner, and most of the time I don't find too many splits (if I do, I usually do a trim instead).

Jessica Trapp
September 30th, 2010, 08:46 PM
It makes my hair less tangly.

:flower: jes

swivelhop
September 30th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I've sworn off S&D, it never seemed to help anything and takes a ton of time. I've gone to just let it grow. (Note my scissors stink)

FrizzFighter
September 30th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I am finding less splits than I thought I would, maybe about six or seven each S&D session (doing it about once a month now). I am trying not to trim, so I really want to keep doing S&D so the splits I do have don't travel up my hair or cause tangles.

jeanniet
September 30th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I think it helps to reduce tangles, and it also helps me realize my ends aren't so bad after all. I never find as many splits as I think I will.

mariika
October 2nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
I've sworn off S&D, it never seemed to help anything and takes a ton of time.
Boy, do I LOVE S&D, I LUST S&D, I enjoy the process so much I don't care for results. I did a full S&D only once in my life - yesterday, haven't seen any splits since, nope, can't say my ends looks thinner cause my ends curl the heck up like hell. And yes, I get a bit upset when I find lots of wrecked hairs but, on the other hand, I enjoy cutting them so much I keep asking for more :D

alwayssmiling
October 2nd, 2010, 11:12 AM
I agree. I love S&D. I kind of find it theraputic whilst sitting at the computer, or I make a cup of tea and sit by the window searching.....I do it almost daily (in fact its very habitual with me). I find I can run my fingers through my hair without tangles, like when I have just had a trim. I've done S&D for around a year and it hasn't effected my growth or length, if anything it has improved my growth. Also its been great to see that the ends that I have snipped off are tiny millimeters as opposed to an inch that I used to cut off.

PrincessBob
October 2nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
I still find tons of splits, but my ends look nicer and don't tangle as much.

shockinglength
October 6th, 2010, 09:02 PM
When I first regularly started S&D I notice tons of splits..now I still find quite a few. How long did it take for your hairs split ends number to decrease, noticably?

Angeletti
October 6th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I like doing S&D and because I haven't really cut or trimmed it in over three years I feel like it's at least helping with splits. I want to say in the last five months I have been noticing a lot less splits, but then again it could be because I am taking better care of my hair.

ilovelonghair
October 6th, 2010, 10:16 PM
It doesn't seem to help for me: if I S&D the next day they are back...

PrincessBob
January 17th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I was doing S&D on the couch and as I snipped one I heard "Ahhhh!"
I looked up and my spouse was watching me. I snipped another and I heard a little voice say, "Nooo!"
Yes, he was giving voices to the hairs I snipped. I found another and I heard, "Mercy!"

I was laughing so hard that I lost the hair and commented on it. This time I heard, "Run away! Run away, the destroyer comes to cut away all imperfections!"

I was laughing so hard I had to give up. I put the scissors in their storage place and heard, "Praise be to the merciful one."

I love my partner!

spoonshine
January 17th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I looked up and my spouse was watching me. I snipped another and I heard a little voice say, "Nooo!"
Yes, he was giving voices to the hairs I snipped. I found another and I heard, "Mercy!"

I was laughing so hard that I lost the hair and commented on it. This time I heard, "Run away! Run away, the destroyer comes to cut away all imperfections!"

I was laughing so hard I had to give up. I put the scissors in their storage place and heard, "Praise be to the merciful one."

I love my partner!

Hahahahaha! Excellent.

As to the original question. S&D has improved my hair immensely. Its the difference between loving my hair and tolerating it. It's helped to ease the vicious circle of damaged ends causing tangles and more damaged ends. My fairytale ends are already thin so a little bit more doesn't make a huge difference to me and the benefits of decreased damage far outweigh it.

monsterna
January 17th, 2011, 06:33 PM
It's something I'm doing multiple times a week now and I find it helps with getting less tangling and snags with the comb. Also, it has made the hair lay flatter on this side where my layers had quite a few splits, which makes it look shinier, too. I like to S&D! I am wanting to prolong my next trim for a long time, and I find this helps.

craftybunn
January 17th, 2011, 06:39 PM

I love my partner!

That is sooo cute. It made me smile. :D

I've started doing them. I'm not finding too many. I have a question though. The first big one I did in the car on along road trip and just bit off the ends because I didn't have scissors. How important do you think it is to do it with fancy scissors?:o

thatjengirl1
January 17th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I occasionally enjoy S&D'ing, but usually it's not good for me.

I usually get frustrated seeing so many splits that i just want to keep cutting..and i end up cutting off more than i wanted.

Tonight i started S&D'ing and it turned into an inch trim. it's okay though, i'm not bummed or anything. I really needed the trim and it's not drastic so i'm fine.
But no more S&D for me! I'll end up trimming all my hair off!