PDA

View Full Version : how to s&d??HELP!!??

evampr18
September 30th, 2010, 05:19 PM
[quosiorpew'ap'ote][/quote]q U O T E

pepperminttea
September 30th, 2010, 06:08 PM
There's an article here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=146) on the twist strand method of S&D, which works especially well on layered hair. As long as you've got good light, a pair of hair scissors and patience, it's just a case of looking for the white dots of split ends and trimming straight across the hair just above them. :) If you've got a lot of damage to remove, perhaps a full S&D, and then if you want to, a quick micro-trim (literally, 1/4 of an inch or less) to even your hemline up?

evampr18
September 30th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Thank you very much Pepperminttea :) Can I use eyebrow scissors with a fine tip?

pepperminttea
September 30th, 2010, 06:47 PM
No problem. :) Generally it's best to use the sharpest scissors you have, and keep them just for cutting hair so they don't get too blunt. If you S&D with blunt scissors, it can just make the problem worse, and create another split where the hair's been cut.

kitten1986
October 1st, 2010, 02:08 AM
I am just learning how to S&D too :D I cant reach all the hair at the back yet, but I am getting there.

I have a question too...
How does one do a "dusting"? is there an easy way to do it on short (shouler to APL) hair?