PDA

View Full Version : anyone with chemical dyed black hair out there?

templeofvenus
September 30th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Hi all

looking for advice from other chemically dyed black haired folks? (permanent dye) which dye do you use and what kind of shampoo/conditioners to keep it in good condition? I recently dyed mine with nice and easy and feel it made my hair a bit dry compared to when I have used naturtint black or garnier nutrisse ones in the past, probably go back to either one of those or try sallys to see if their dyes are any good

angelfell
September 30th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Mine isn't really permanent, rather semi-permanent.. will fade slowly throughout 28 washes. But I used Garnier Fructis Herbashine.. which made my hair feel healthier afterwards. I would suggest that in soft black. Anyways. I have found G.F (Garnier) Shampoo & Conditioner in Triple Nutrition worked very well with black dyed hair.. but I believe it has cones, so you may not like it if you're against them.

templeofvenus
September 30th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Mine isn't really permanent, rather semi-permanent.. will fade slowly throughout 28 washes. But I used Garnier Fructis Herbashine.. which made my hair feel healthier afterwards. I would suggest that in soft black. Anyways. I have found G.F (Garnier) Shampoo & Conditioner in Triple Nutrition worked very well with black dyed hair.. but I believe it has cones, so you may not like it if you're against them.

not tried the garnier shampoos and conditioners maybe I should I do use cones! thanks :)

angelfell
September 30th, 2010, 08:10 AM
No problem :D. I have always found GF to be friendly to color-treated hair, and hair in general, at least for me. I love the smell of their stuff, too :p.

templeofvenus
September 30th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I am gonna get myself some garnier fructis products :) if my hair turns out like yours using it I will be a happy bunny! you have lovely hair good advert for garnier :)

angelfell
September 30th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Aww why thank you ^_^. Admittedly, the bottom 4 inches of my hair is ruined from a perm.. but Garnier has helped to keep it looking probably about as healthy as it can get (until I buy coconut/jojoba oil for some deek soaks). I'm always trying new hair products out of curiousity but I always end up going back to Garnier.

virgo75
September 30th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I've been using henna lately, but when I dyed my hair black I used Revlon Colorsilk in Brown Black. It's cheap, but it works amazingly well, covers well, and doesn't fade to a green/blue color.
For semi-permanent, I liked Clairol's Natural Instincts in their Brown Black(which I can't remember the name of), and Midnight Black which is jet black.

Both cover really well and matched my naturally black hair.

Now I miss it. :( lol

Angeletti
September 30th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I have used box dyes from the store in the past but haven't had very good luck, they always fade on me, not to mention most of the store bought box dyes contain higher volume developers which aren't needed for when I color my hair black (they are more damaging that way). I currently use professional hair color that I mix up and apply myself and absolutely love it. It's Koleston perfect color in 2/0 and I mix it with a 10 volume developer. The only thing that sucks is that you have to either have a license or know someone who does to get this particular brand.

As for what products I use I usually do CWC once a week and condition with v05 and It's a 10 hair mask, and for shampoo I use It's a 10 low sulfate shampoo and those seem to work nice, I haven't noticed too much fading.

Aleria
September 30th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I have permanent, I think I used Feria? I'm not entirely sure, I went in and went with the only box that showed a blue-black colour... and it still came out brown-black XD
I CO with Suave and Garnier Triple Nutrition, with occasional shampoos using my bodywash (lol)
I use almond oil sometimes to help keep my tips soft. I don't have much fading, but my hair loooves dye - I had a semipermanent last something like 3x the length it was supposed to.

christi.adell
September 30th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I'm trying out hennido now but I was using the permanent Wella color you get from Sally's. In the darkest black they carry. I liked it because it didn't have a blue tint, just neutral. But it is SUPER black so if you want more of a softer brown black don't go with it.
I'm still on the hunt for a shampoo and condition that doesn't make my color run. I wish I could find a "black" shampoo like how they have shampoos for browns, reds, blondes.