PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo! I can now post pics:)

Lisa R
September 30th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Hi All

Figured out how to post pics.. Yippee!! I can now finally show you what my hair has looked like over the last year and a half. Um, I can't figure out how to make the pics smaller. I'm very sorry about this. I hope I don't get into trouble for posting so many big pics. I'll find out soon enough!

The first pic is of April 2009. I cried for the first time in my life over this hair cut. I hated how short it was and how ugly it could look when I didn't style it. For the first time ever I had shorter hair than my sister's and my mum. Thank goodness hair does grow but I was so upset for quite a while with it.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/dandlroberts/April09.jpg
The next pic is Feb 2010 - just before my first baby arrived! I decided to grow my hair from that point onwards. I had had enough of short hair for a while and wanted my long hair back. The longest my hair has got is between bsl and waist which was in 2004. I hope to get to bsl next year sometime. I plan on growing it to around waist length all going well.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/dandlroberts/Feb2010.jpg
July 2010. Growing out layers and no trims for months. Excuse my hair!
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/dandlroberts/July2010.jpg
And finally where I am at now. September 2010. Sorry about my hair once again. It needed a wash but because it was straight looking I wanted to grab a length shot! It also has longer looking bits cause it hasn't been trimmed since Feb!
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/dandlroberts/Sept2010.jpg

Oh, just did a preview and that last pic is small. Hmmm (scratches head!) what did I do differently?!

I have now bought some hair toys to play with (flexi-8's, hairsticks) and will post pics soon.

Thanks for watching my long hair journey so far and for the support.

THANK YOU!!!

Hotrox
September 30th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Congratualtion, that is some great hair growing progress, it looks very nice :D

pepperminttea
September 30th, 2010, 12:49 AM
That's fantastic progress, congrats! :)

Dragon
September 30th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Congrats. Great progress:)

yvsa
September 30th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Wow, your hair grew really fast. Congrats.

Lisa R
September 30th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Thank you for your lovely replies!

JayLee
September 30th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Wow, that is awesome growth... lucky you. You will reach your goal in no time

Chrissy
September 30th, 2010, 06:07 AM
You've done great!!! It will be interesting to see where you are at this time next year. Happy growing!

Mexibeach
September 30th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Looks great. I can't wait til mine is that long!!

angelfell
September 30th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Wonderful :) You've made great progress. Congrats :D

tinti
September 30th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Wow, your hair grows fast! It looks great, you'll be at bsl in no time if this growth rate continues :)

Lisa R
September 30th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Awww, thanks for those nice replies!

I have always thought my hair grows really slow. A few years ago I grew above shoulder length hair to bsl and it took 5 YEARS!! I now can look back and realise what I was doing to make it grow so slow and that is I cut it so frequently like every 3-4months (about half and inch to 1inch at a time). Sometimes I would only get 1-2inches of growth in a year cause I would cut it so much! I was obessed with having a straight hemline and if I saw a couple of split ends I thought to myself that my hair was unhealthy and needed a cut so I would cut it again (My husband actually cuts my hair most times or else my mum does when I see her once/twice a year ).

Well, 6 years later and I'm once again trying to grow long hair cause I LOVE it and have always loved it. I have layers at the moment which are a pain but I think they have stopped me cutting my hair cause my hair isn't perfectly straight and I don't mind right now. I don't plan on chopping back to one length cause that would take me back to shoulder length. I plan on growing the layers till I get to bsl or waist length then just trimming occassoinally till the rest of my hair catches up.

My next trim will be in Feb next year when I will get my mum to give my hair a little trim - maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch trim. Basically what I will get her to do is just trim the bottom a tiny bit then just take a little bit off the layered parts. She is good at that. My husband is too scared to touch the layered parts. He is fine when my hair is just one length and all he has to do is cut across the bottom. Oneday I'll get back to one length hair!

I now totally believe that a person can grow hair at a good rate if they don't cut it as much and be gentle with it. I know some of my hairs have a couple of splits but I'm being gentle with my hair and wearing it up until I can trim it in Feb. Never gone without a trim this long before but I am doing it and you can do it too! Helps wearing hair up everday. I get the urge to trim it if it's down or I have it in a braid and I can see all the uneven ends etc.

Sorry - I've waffled on too much.

Thanks again for the lovely compliments:)