PDA

View Full Version : Wild hair experiment you always wanted to try...

Blueneko
May 24th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I always wanted fat platinum streaks right at my bangs. When I was 2, my mother had her thick, sable hair down to her butt with two platinum streaks at the front. It was so 70's fab!

That would be my first choice for wild hair experiment.

How about yours?

xmCrxfLyLeAfx
May 24th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I've already done this with my hair, but my wild hair experiment would be to put blood red streaks on my dark dark dark brown hair on the top layer and then racoon stripes on the bottom

Amara
May 24th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Bright hot-rod red stripes in the front. I got 'em and I'm keepin' 'em!

Riot Crrl
May 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Mostly I always wanted to dye my hair dark red. I have accomplished that and am now greatly satisfied :)

centurytoolate
May 24th, 2008, 06:13 PM
When I was in highschool I wanted to dye my hair electric blue. If I remember correctly my mom threatened to do me in if I even thought of trying it.

Pegasus Marsters
May 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I've had white blonde streaks in my hair (Think Rogue from X-men!) and that was blatently my favourite look. I thought it was cute and quirky and I want it back as soon as my fringe grows out.

Katurday
May 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Shiny, healthy long purple hair.
But I'd totally go for henna burgundy.
=3

freznow
May 24th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Mohawk! A really really long/tall one would be so cool! Hard to maintain though.

Dye wise, purple stripes (or whole head!), or something extreme like black and/or platinum stripes, maybe even horizontal.

But I would never do any of that for real.

ETA: Oh, and like LBW said below, shaving it all off!

littlebabywulf
May 24th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Shaving it off completely. And starting over again.

flapjack
May 24th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Basically, I think it would be awesome to take the bottom section of my hair, maybe from the bottom of my ears down to the back of my neck... and dye it all a really bright and unnatural haircolor, like... blue! or purple! I think that would be fun. One time at a club, I saw a girl with hair like mine, only that part was dyed bright white and you could only see it when she moved her head and the hair shifted around in the back. I was fascinated by it, hahahaha.

Blueneko
May 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Shaving would be fun. So clean!

Rustella
May 24th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Cindy Lauper shaved checkers. I was fifteen when I told the HD to go for it. My mother walked over to see what she was doing, had a caniption fit, and walked out of the salon leaving me stranded. The poor HD did her best to fix it and cover it up. Then she took me home. I never tried THAT again. LOL!

If my own DD15 tried that she'd hope the least I would do would be to walk out of the salon. :no:

AnneAdeline
May 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM
When I was in highschool I wanted to dye my hair electric blue. If I remember correctly my mom threatened to do me in if I even thought of trying it.
I've actually done this! It was my freshman year. My hair was blue, then purple, then green... :D

I'd love to dye my hair an outrageous color again, if only bleach wasn't so damaging.

Unnamed
May 24th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Purple, either under layers or all over. Other temptings: platinum (even just a couple streaks), burgundy (aka multi-application henna), and maybe blue (or green, even).

Done black, blonder, and did have burgundy for a day in-between, but nothing wild...unless the strand that I bleached out (to see if I could remove the black dye) counts. I've never dyed that section any neat colours, though, even though it's there. :oops:

Actually, lately, I've been wondering if purple would show up over the faded dyed bits. :lol:

AJoifulNoise
May 24th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Electric blue streaks. I've wanted them for years. Crayola red was awesome, but I really wanted blue.

MoldyCake
May 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM
To chop it all off to just below my jaw, and dye it vibrant red, have bloodrayne (http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx2/bloodrayne2_ps2_front.JPG)style hair.:cool:

Toof
May 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I'd love a mohawk in fire-engine red. :inlove:

MoldyCake
May 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM
bald sided hawk or just tightly cut sides?

spidermom
May 24th, 2008, 10:53 PM
A haircut like David Bowie as Jareth the goblin king in the movie Labyrinth. Maybe when I'm around 80.

intothemist1999
May 24th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Not especially WILD, but I always wanted to dye my hair red. And have a spiral perm.

Ideally both together :D

Medievalhair
May 24th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I already did two of mine
Dye my hair red and make it curly and dye the ends blue.

Now I want to either enhance my red tones(using cassia) or do blue highlights.

Electronika
May 24th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I wouldnt wash my hair for a month! Well WO.:cheese:

fatmoogas
May 25th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Some wonderful imaginings here.

Kuchen
May 25th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Anne Bancroft streaks. I just need to find the right hairdresser, or wait for the greys, a la Susan Sontag.

Growin' It
May 25th, 2008, 01:11 AM
A purple streak towards the back of the left hand side. :) Not garish, but tastefully quirky.

Lize
May 25th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Oh, I would just love to have a perm. Big curls... *sighs* Maybe not that wild, but pretty damaging.

florenonite
May 25th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I've wanted any sort of bright colour, or else some kind of short, spiky, punk look.

<She>
May 25th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I want an undercut (or undershave, not sure what is called correctly), leave the hair in front of my ears long, and dye it black and purple/magenta. (like a goth queen such as me:crazyq:)

Of the crazy things I've done are bleaching the front sections on the both sides, resulting in a flame-like hair:flamed: then dying them red, then black all over, after that bleaching another two sections and applying purple semi-perm, pink, then dark blue...
And I was teasing my hair before all of this. I mean reeealy teasing the heck out of it, like 80's electrcity-induced hair mess:silly: but it was only several times.

Sceleste
May 25th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I want an undercut (or undershave, not sure what is called correctly), leave the hair in front of my ears long, and dye it black and purple/magenta. (like a goth queen such as me)

I've tried that when I was younger :)

That was soo hard to grow back. And to me the growing phase looked butt ugly. I grew it until the shaven part was about APL, then cut the rest of my hair to that length too.

I've also had a pixie with green stripes, pink hair, huge teased hair... you name it.

I'm really glad I experimented with my hair as a teenager. Now I don't have anything extreme I would want to try out.

Iylivarae
May 25th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I'd like to shave it all off, wait, until my head stops producing too much sebum and then start over again.

SarieQ
May 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
If my hair was still it's natural strawberry blond color, I'd indigo it to get a wonderful turquoise color! My son did this on the ends of his long blond hair and I just LOVE it! I know it's not all that wild compared to everything else mentioned, but I'm too chicken to do anything really damaging chemical wise to my hair!

jesamyn
May 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM
If damage wasn't part of the equation, I'd want to bleach/dye my hair silver or white. Then I'd probably add streaks when I started getting bored: purple, fuschia, medium blue.

I used to have my bangs and the locks just to the sides of them bleached. First they were orange (results of henna with straight bleach), then fuschia...then fuschia and purple striped...then purple... And then I decided that upkeep was too much. :)

Another look I've seen and liked was white canopy over black. It was a shortish (between jaw and shoulder) cut, very choppy...that kind of choppy that requires someone who knows what they're doing to get. The play of the colors when she moved her head was so eye-catching. I'll admit that I like contrast, so I'm sure that contributed.

I wonder if purple would show up at all over henna. Maybe I need to go try that...

C_Bookworm
May 25th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Bleaching everything a medium blond and adding black streaks. When the lead singer for Fuel dyed his hair like that, i loved it

LadyPolaris
May 25th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I would LOVE to have tailbone-length, sparkling pure white hair! Think Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher novels/series/movie/game, if anyone knows the reference. :crush:

(That has to be about the most damaging thing on Earth though: bleach, bleach some more, strip, strip, neutralize, what else? My poor hair can't take two rounds of Garnier Nutrisse even - I know from a bad experience years ago - so it would just fall out in chunks if I ever did this.) :-(

ajr
May 25th, 2008, 08:18 PM
A tailbone length mane of bright blue hair......oh it would be so awesome. Or short and punky and red and black.

ZaBasDa
May 25th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I would love to dye my hair fully emerald green with medium/dark blue strands. Otherwise I would bleach the middle layer of my hair, so I could continually dye it with vegetable dyes. Oh, and perm it to be uniformly 3b.

kwaniesiam
May 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I always wanted a really choppy, spikey mop with some streaks of odd color, particularly white/silver. Once my color grows out more, I might actually have some fun with it as I trim off the rest of the henna, who knows? It's only hair, and I'm short right now anyway :)

Jeni
May 25th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Well since I have dyed my hair red, green, blue, pink, and purple, had micro braids in the color of skittles, and dyed the bottom 4 inches of my platinum blond hair, black (that was an awesome look), I guess I would love to shave my head. I would never do it, I have a large round (bowling ball) head, it would look really really bad, but if I could do it for a day it would be cool. I have become really weeny about dying my hair wild colors since HS, sometimes I wish I still had the guts to say f**k it and manic panic it all fire engine red.

I do LOVE the look of TheBlondApple's hair. That is something I could see myself actually doing. Maybe when my hair gets to waist or slightly longer I will try and dye the bottom few inches red (or maybe blue?) if I hate it I could always cut it off...

Juli414
May 25th, 2008, 09:57 PM
April 10, 2007, I did it as my 44th b'day present to myself:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g171/Juli414/2back42007.jpg

The green was supposed to be turquoise, but we got the ratios off. The upper level is purple. It faded in about 3 weeks. It was a mid-life crisis thing.

Now, the wildest thing is growing out "normal" dyeing, so I have roots and white stripes.

Jeni
May 25th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Juli414 that is awesome!

savi
May 26th, 2008, 04:11 AM
I would love to try 3c curls, like my cousin's, at a midback lenght. :crush:
(Though I would like my natural texture to be a 3a or 2c.)

Also straight raven black hair with red strikes. I only managed to go a really darkbrown during my dye era (I chickened out since black is so hard to remove). Juli414's purple all over would be amazing too. Actually any shocking color all over would be love. :D

akka naeda
May 26th, 2008, 06:37 AM
I've done most things.
first mohican
then shaved
then with dyed rainbow stripes as I was growing it out (purple streaks each side of a centre parting, blue and flamingo pink behind my right ear, yellow and red behind my left ear and the whole of the underside dark green) It needed bleaching and because I had the purple streaks the longest and a natural centre part too I have very noticeable thinning from the combination of bleach and parting.

Right now I have a purple streak at the front where I got henna on my pure white hairs and they went slightly yellow. Purple and henna looks fantastic. What I want right now though really is a pure white streak right down the length.

Other than that occasionally I'd like dreads.

shrimp
May 26th, 2008, 08:32 AM
:shrug: I must be getting old, I can't think of a single change I could make that would make me happier.

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing all silver on my current length, couldn't be bothered with the effort to achieve it though when I can just let nature take it's course :wink:

Even as a teenager my experimentation was limited to dyeing first black for a few years (looked amazing! Very pale skin and pale blue/grey eyes - hmmm ok maybe I 'd have that for a few days), then red, then strawberry blonde.

Loviatar
May 26th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I've done mine and still got it and I love it. :inlove:

I've been tempted to buzz cut in the past, but never done it. I dont think I ever will, either. It's just an idea because I cant imagine what it would look like on me.

FrannyG
May 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I've done all of the wild experimenting that I've ever wanted to do. Sometimes I've had to pay dearly for those fun experiments (like the time I had to get my hair cut to about an inch and a half in length after a redhead experiment went really bad). :p

I've permed, bleached, dyed, crimped, tried all sorts of colours--I'm over it now. I'm just going to keep my current blonde colour, enjoy the fact that I've grown my bangs out for the first time in my life, and see how long I can grow.

Haith
May 26th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I would love love love to have garnet red hair, but alas! I will probably never dye it...

hurricane_gia
May 26th, 2008, 05:57 PM
The one "wild" experiment I'd like to try is to Henna my hair until it's dark dark red. I know . . . not very wild . . .

I actually look terrible with red hair. I tried it a couple of times with chemical dyes, when I was young and crazy. :) But red hair just makes my face look flushed. So I guess I won't be using any henna on my hair.

chloeishere
May 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I've always wanted to dye my hair some unnatural, bright color. And I'm still young, I probably will do it someday! If I can't swing a whole head of it, I can still do some streaks-- it'll still be fun! I've always leaned towards purple, blue, or green. I think purple would probably be the best, complexion wise. But blue or green-- well, I like those colors a lot. I've probably got another 5-10 years to decide, though. :D

I had a pixie once, and it was comfortable and light. But between the upkeep, the styling, and growing it out, I vowed never to have one again! I don't regret doing it, though.

nappywomyn
May 29th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I'd love a streak of intense blue - right behind my right ear, I think. That would be fabulous.

lora410
May 29th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I always think of dying my hair a nice shade of white silver color. Silly I know, but it looks so beautiful on some of the ladies here at LHC.

Alaskanheart
May 29th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Ive wanted to shave and start over many times but havent had enough guts.

I have had a deep bright red allover with platinum blonde chunky highlights, I loved it while it lasted but red dye fades so fast and then you have to double process to get it to look decent again after its faded.I did that about 2 years ago, good think my hair grows pretty fast, it was really damaged.

I wanted a bright shiny purple allover my waist length hair in highschool. Still do.

Spidermom: Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies of all time, infact Im now going to go sit down and pop it into my dvd player, Im sick today.:(

Saranne772
May 29th, 2008, 03:07 PM
To most of you this would not be wild. But for me to be wild would mean using Henna to enhance the red in my hair! I would LOVE to do this however I don't want my hair colour permentantly changed in an irreparable way.