PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for hairstyles for under bike helmets?

Toffee20
September 29th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Hello!
I'm not sure if there is another thread similar to this..
But I cycle almost everyday, & find most things I can do to my hair won't fit underneath a helmet!
I get bored of having to do french / english plaits & I can't think of any other up dos that will fit!
If anyone has any ideas, It would be fabulous to hear them! :)
xx

angelfell
September 29th, 2010, 03:29 PM
That's a good question :o. I imagine it'd have to be rather constricted to fit underneath the helmet neatly and completey. I honestly cant think of much more than a tight bun or a braid, but this site (http://www.ehow.com/list_6135904_hairstyles-helmets.html) has a few ideas.

pepperminttea
September 29th, 2010, 03:32 PM
A folded braid or a drop bun?

SpinDance
September 29th, 2010, 03:39 PM
When I ride I nearly always end up with double lace braids into a single braid in the back. My go-to style when a bun won't work, or when a stick/fork/Flexi would be in the way.

MissManda
September 29th, 2010, 03:56 PM
How about the Harley Braid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLnBEVd0gOg)?

Krentje
September 29th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Can you not take a moment on your work/school/wherever to fix your hairstyle and just do whatever is most comfortable under your helmet?

I am Dutch and cycle daily, though without wearing a helmet, to every occasion you can imagine (from work to supermarket, a celebration, date nights..). Usually my hair is in some kind of bun on my head or nape, or it is half-loose air drying from being washed.
When i arrive at work i mostly take a moment at the wash rooms to fix my style if i need to = when i will see a client.

Toffee20
September 30th, 2010, 03:50 AM
At the moment I do just fuss when I get there, but I'd like to get into the habbit of fussing less you see!
But thank you for all the ideas, a double lace braid sounds interesting! x x

kdaniels8811
September 30th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I either make a low bun or put my hair in a snood which keeps it from getting ratty. Works on the motorcycle, too. Under the helmet, I mean.