PDA

View Full Version : Straightened hair. Now with pictures

Alix
September 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I straightened my hair today because I'm going to dye some streaks into it. (I'll update with pictures once it's done.) My hair is a lot longer then I thought it was! It's a good three inches longer, and I always forget how weird my hair color is.

I call myself a ashy brown, I have a lot of blonde in it, but I am definitely a brunette.

I found a coarse hair today too! Not that that has anything to do with this topic, but I thought it was cool.

Anyway, picturess!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/LoveFromPumpkin/Photoon2010-09-29at1513.jpg

Alright, it's all colored in! No bleach what-so-ever. I used SPLAT Color Accents and I left the dye in for about an hour and a half. I may redo it later and leave it in for longer with bigger chunks. View from the back. (With natural wave. It's still a little wet, the dryer it gets the more the color shows.)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/LoveFromPumpkin/Photoon2010-09-30at19332.jpg

Ponytail, there's a purple and blue strip.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/LoveFromPumpkin/Photoon2010-09-30at1941.jpg

The underside stripes.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/LoveFromPumpkin/Photoon2010-09-30at1942.jpg

McFearless
September 29th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I love your hair! It's so thick :) What colour are your highlights?

Alix
September 29th, 2010, 07:07 PM
That picture is all natural. And thank you! It's taken me a while to love my thick hair!

I'm putting blue and purple and pink in with no bleach so it's less stated. I'm sitting here with a saran wrapped head.

Dragon
September 30th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Your thick hair looks great. The highlights should look great.

tarn
September 30th, 2010, 05:14 AM
ooooh pics???:drama:

morecowbell
September 30th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Another vote for pics of streaks! :D
I've got a very similar natural color, and would love to see how yours come out without bleach. What dye are you using?

lapushka
September 30th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Your hair looks lovely! Anxious to see the new pics! :cool:

Loviatar
September 30th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Your hair looks lovely, it is a very nice colour and I think the streaks will look fun.

Can I please ask though that you don't equate hair-straightening with 'practising self harm'. As a recovering self harmer, I find your thread title inappropriate. I don't wish to be rude, just wanted to raise the issue in a polite way.

Thanks. :flower:

Beatrix_Kiddo
September 30th, 2010, 01:59 PM
You have beautiful hair! It happens to me too: when I use the flat iron, my shoulder length hair looks longer. I hate my floppy layers!

kwaniesiam
September 30th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Your hair looks lovely, it is a very nice colour and I think the streaks will look fun.

Can I please ask though that you don't equate hair-straightening with 'practising self harm'. As a recovering self harmer, I find your thread title inappropriate. I don't wish to be rude, just wanted to raise the issue in a polite way.

Thanks. :flower:

Agreed. One session with a flat iron certainly isn't going to really harm your hair in the long run either.

That said your hair looks lovely and I can't wait to see how the colors turn out without bleach first.

Alix
September 30th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Tried to fix the title, but I can't figure it out. I apologize if I offended anyone! And I updated with color pictures!

Lisa R
September 30th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Fantastic hair! Love the streaks:)

Dragon
September 30th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Looks great.

kwaniesiam
September 30th, 2010, 08:26 PM
The purple and blue came out nice but I can't really see the pink.

Alix
September 30th, 2010, 08:37 PM
The purple and blue came out nice but I can't really see the pink.

Neither can I! Lol, I know it's in there somewhere but it's not showing up well. I suspect that as it washes out it'll show up more.

KittyLost
October 1st, 2010, 02:50 AM
Great colours :) My friend just done something similiar with pink and blue and purple and green. You hair looks gorgeous.

redneckprincess
October 1st, 2010, 01:42 PM
looks lovely, my hair gains 2-3" when straightened...shows me how long it will be curly 4 months from then

spidermom
October 1st, 2010, 01:53 PM
I didn't know that you had to straighten your hair in order to do streaks.