PDA

View Full Version : I just found the awesomest longhair ever!

Calaelen
September 29th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I don't know if this pretty lady is a member here, she so should be, or if anyone else has ever posted about her, but I just found this doing a google search and spent way to much of my day going through her photos. Some serious talent here, and she has the awesomest hair I've ever seen. Nope, it isn't a wig.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/sets/72157603870033527/

Mods, If this type of post is not allowed, please delete, and let me know, I'm not trying to break any privacy rules, but as she has a public profile, I thought it must be okay.

Also, when I hit goal, I am totally doing this to my hair, even if it is only once, I know my hair can take lots of abuse, it has in the past. I'll be doing the vibrant rainbow look. :)

little_cherry
September 29th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I believe she's a member here...I've always loved her rainbow hair and her love of rainbows. :)

angelfell
September 29th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Wow XD That's VERY bold. I think it's pretty but I would never do it, only because I want change so often and I can't imagine how hard it would be to get all the different shades/colors back to one solid color o.o. But very pretty regardless.

Calaelen
September 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I guess I should say that if this is you, and you want it removed, PLEASE let me know. I only posted because I think it is so wonderful, it needs to be shared, but I respect everyone's right to privacy. Does anyone know her name on here if she is a member??

eamane
September 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Yes she's a member here and there is a thread somewhere all about her from a while back...
I think her hair is fun :)

MissManda
September 29th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Oh my, that is truly unique and beautiful! :) All of the different colors are so vibrant and well-placed that I am very curious as to how she colors her hair.

Katurday
September 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I recall a thread way back mentioning this lady. There were a few members that didn't quite follow the KNIT policy and went on and on how unnatural hair is ugly. She showed up and gave them quite the earful about how she wasn't the one who posted her own pictures, and "If you got nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut." Basically its the day LHC realised it could be catty, and that even our opinions can be hurtful, just like those of the people who tell us long hair is gross.

I love her hair. It shows us that dyed =/= straw, and provides a good contrast between those of us who treat our hair a little rough vs. the fine lace folks. Takes all kinds to be on LHC. =)

Fractalsofhair
September 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM
She is a member here, but a lot of members were very rude when she last posted here, saying her hair must be very damaged and icky. I love her hair though!

melrose1985
September 29th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I recall a thread way back mentioning this lady. There were a few members that didn't quite follow the KNIT policy and went on and on how unnatural hair is ugly. She showed up and gave them quite the earful about how she wasn't the one who posted her own pictures, and "If you got nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut." Basically its the day LHC realised it could be catty, and that even our opinions can be hurtful, just like those of the people who tell us long hair is gross.

I love her hair. It shows us that dyed =/= straw, and provides a good contrast between those of us who treat our hair a little rough vs. the fine lace folks. Takes all kinds to be on LHC. =)

Agree!

She's beautiful to begin with and the hair is just and add bonus!

Maddy25
September 29th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Wow her hair is so amazing! I adore how the pink and purple and blue fade together....makes me want to play with manic panic!

MinderMutsig
September 29th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Oh wow that is amazing! Not many people can pull a hairstyle like that off but it definitely works for her.
I'm not ballsy enough for something like that.

angelfell
September 29th, 2010, 01:07 PM
It's sad to hear that people were rude about it :(. I think its pretty and if other people don't.. well, they don't have to, but it's not their hair either, so they don't have to comment :p. Anyways I agree how carefully it must have been dyed. Do you think she did it all at once? Id image if so it must be done carefully as to not get any of the other colored dye on each section.

Calaelen
September 29th, 2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/3838719828/ that's how she colours it. Also, yep she's a member, same name as on flickr, but she hasn't been online in a long time because she was made to feel uncomfortable here by some people's comments.

I personally think she's one of the coolest people I've ever seen. And so talented with hair, make-up, and photography, also a great sense of humour.

Katurday
September 29th, 2010, 01:12 PM
It's sad to hear that people were rude about it :(. I think its pretty and if other people don't.. well, they don't have to, but it's not their hair either, so they don't have to comment :p. Anyways I agree how carefully it must have been dyed. Do you think she did it all at once? Id image if so it must be done carefully as to not get any of the other colored dye on each section.
I recall her saying something about mapping out the colors so that if they bleed into eachother, it doesn't gain a puke color. I think by only bleaching the roots and keeping hair well managed (by not straightening etc.) goes a long way. =)

jeanniet
September 29th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Wow, that's pretty amazing. I wouldn't have the cajones to do it, but more power to her. It's her hair, her life, and if she wants to color it like that I don't think it's anyone's place to criticize her. Same with letting my hair go grey, or anything else--my hair, my life...your hair, your life.

UltraBella
Wow, that is BRIGHT ! I would love to see rainbow hair walking down the street :)
You know, it's funny to me that people would comment on how ugly unnatural hair is. My hair is unnatural !!!! I bleach my hair and then add my copper color and I have highlights. No one has ever told me how much they hate it, probably because the colors are still within the "normal" range but I still go through the process. And my hair is healthy and long. I like different and it's too bad her multiple-colored hair was not embraced, it's not hurting anyone and she enjoys it. More power to her !

Wanderer09
Yeah, I remember the thread. It's sad that people drove her away, because this is generally such an accepting place.

Newniepg
September 29th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I think that is really really cool! I respect the time and dedication she puts into maintaining that amazing head of hair. :)

lundmir
September 29th, 2010, 01:20 PM
That is such a shame. I think she is stunning, her beauty AND her hair.

HereIGrowAgain
September 29th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Holy smokes, that is so pretty! I wish I could wear my hair like that... I'm in an ultra-conservative field of work.

The curls... the colors... her eyes... Man, I just might use one of my three wishes to look like her whenever I wanted. Which would be often. And I'd sit in front of a mirror and admire my curly rainbow for hours.

Can we start a fan-thread for her? :)

pepperminttea
September 29th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I remember the thread. It's sad that people drove her away, because this is generally such an accepting place.

Agreed. :(

Calaelen
September 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I'm all for a fan thread...lol. She'd have a lot of them methinks.

breezefaerie
September 29th, 2010, 01:49 PM

I feel bad that she was made to feel that way. I never posted on the thread and only saw it after it got ugly.

Maddy25
September 29th, 2010, 01:51 PM
That is really sad :( Hopefully she'll see this thread and see that we love her! I can't imagine people here being rude...usually everyone is so polite and I mean, come on, rainbow hair!!

PrincessBob
September 29th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I did several similar photo projects, like the clones, you can see them in my albums.

I :hug: love the rainbows in her hair and makeup.

breezefaerie
September 29th, 2010, 01:54 PM
*removed link

halo_tightens
September 29th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I feel badly too about the way that thread went... It's a shame, because her hair truly IS beautiful! I can understand that not everyone would want it on their own heads (though I would certainly wear it with pride!), but it's a thing of beauty in and of itself. :)

Heidi_234
September 29th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Here was the original (and catty) thread ..[URL removed]

Forgive me if it has already been posted.
Well there's no point in bringing it back up, the damage's done. I was rather angry with what went down there, but seriously, it won't help anybody to keep pointing out the ugly side of LHC, would it?

breezefaerie
September 29th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Heidi, you are exactly right, my sincere apologies as that was not my intent. I'm removing the link.

Heidi_234
September 29th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Heidi, you are exactly right, my sincere apologies as that was not my intent. I'm removing the link.
I just did so too. After I posted I was afraid you'll take it the wrong way, I'm glad I found understanding instead :flower:

UltraBella
September 29th, 2010, 02:09 PM
I will be totally honest, I just read it and I didn't think it was that bad. Some people said a few unkind things but I don't think they meant to hurt her feelings. She got very defensive immediately and I can understand where she is coming from but her responses did not read any better than the original comments. All in all ~ I have definitely had WAY WORSE said to me here and I got over it. And even had a good chuckle after the shock wore off ;)
I hope she comes back and enjoys the boards, and her hair is WOW !

HereIGrowAgain
September 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Well, maybe she'll see all the traffic she's getting from here, and come on back? People can learn and grow...

And, personally, I seriously want to see her participate in the hairstyle of the month because, :thud: !!!

Chestershire
September 29th, 2010, 02:25 PM
It looks awesome! I used to have a rainbow obsession too, quite a while ago. It must be a pain to dye, though

littlenvy
September 29th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I love that hair!!
I wanted hair like that since Jem and the Holograms' Giselle "Danse" Dvorak wore it all multi colour like that. :p

anna francesca
September 29th, 2010, 02:32 PM
That is the coolest hair I have seen. Honestly amazing. Most of the time you see these people who have died it really badly and have short not cared for hair, then it looks ****. But she (sorry I dont know her name :S) looks like a psychadelic goddess!

NotLostYet
September 29th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks for this. She's now officially my hair IDOL. I'm going through and favoriting every hair photo she has :D. I would totally right-click-mine them for ideas, but I definitely get why she has disabled the option (I did too on my account).

The thing I love most about this is that when you visit the 'unnatural' hair color groups they will often repeat as gospel that you can't wear your hair curly with bright hair, which she clearly shows is nonsense.

The second thing I love is that most 'alternative' hairstyles just don't work with curly hair - which gives off a sweet vibe, so I really like the color approach.

Oh, and I agree, updos with rainbow hair would be breathtaking!

I'm just going to dream about copying her hair when mine grows a bit ...

<completely disregards hair type and lifestyle differences :whistle:>

Hm, I also have a thing for rainbow food :D

MissManda
September 29th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Wow, I really respect her for her skill and patience with dying all of her hair like that. It certainly yields wonderful results!

It makes me so sad that a person with such :thudpile: hair got so many rude comments and got scared away. I imagine her hair would look so beautiful in different kinds of braids.

Anje
September 29th, 2010, 04:39 PM
That's seriously amazing hair! I love it. It's not the look for me (wouldn't work with my coloring, style, whatever), but there's a big part of me that would love to do that!

Toadstool
September 29th, 2010, 04:45 PM
So,so beautiful!

Charlotte:)
September 29th, 2010, 04:51 PM
It's like mermaid hair! I love it :)

Corvus1
September 29th, 2010, 07:24 PM
My god! That's such awesome color! I LOVE multicolored hair so much.:D

HereIGrowAgain
September 29th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Ooh!!! Ooh!!! She has a picture of it french braided! It's in her photostream, linked at the front of this thread. It's awesomeness in a... uh... braid? Anyway, it's so cool!

WritingPrincess
September 29th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I remember that thread, and I felt so badly for WiselyChosen. We didn't realize she was a member here, and I think she's gone for good. :(

She has drop-dead amazing hair, though.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=26423

Jules diamond
September 29th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I found this gal, who goes by babydoll today. If you're on here, I'm blown away by your style!

http://3.media.haircrazy.info/photos/gallery/2009/02/04/DPP_0178_t_w500_h500.JPG

Igor
September 29th, 2010, 09:51 PM

Agreed. I found it quite ironic actually. So many threads about “evil mean people making evil mean comments” that can get people whipped up in a frenzy and she got so many unkind comments for her unusual, cool hair?

Peter
September 29th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Agreed. I found it quite ironic actually. So many threads about “evil mean people making evil mean comments” that can get people whipped up in a frenzy and she got so many unkind comments for her unusual, cool hair?
I guess the comments are only evil when they're directed at us. :rolleyes:

Igor
September 29th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I guess the comments are only evil when they're directed at us. :rolleyes:

Funny how that works

WritingPrincess
September 29th, 2010, 10:11 PM

I've always found that disturbing. Thankfully, I haven't seen much nastiness since then.

Shellby
September 29th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Awesome hair. I love it. I have had my hair many different colors but I never thought of all of the at once! Amazing. Wish she was here to hear all the wonderful words directed at her today.

GoddesJourney
September 29th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I remember a thread about her somewhere back. She looks super fun with all that crazy curly hair. Awesome.

Soraine
September 30th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Her hair is just absolutely gorgeous! *faints* It's just so tempting to dye it like hers now...

ilovelonghair
September 30th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I love her hair, if I was blond I would experiment with colors like that! I just wouldn't bleach my hair that's what keeps me from doing bold things with my hair :) (however I have bought Manic Panic today to make my hair bright red for Halloween)

I especially like where she has made spiral curls in her hair like in these two pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/4134364820/in/set-72157603870033527/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/4135938331/in/set-72157603870033527/

It brings out the color even more!

Soraine
September 30th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I love her hair, if I was blond I would experiment with colors like that! I just wouldn't bleach my hair that's what keeps me from doing bold things with my hair :) (however I have bought Manic Panic today to make my hair bright red for Halloween)

I especially like where she has made spiral curls in her hair like in these two pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/4134364820/in/set-72157603870033527/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/4135938331/in/set-72157603870033527/

It brings out the color even more!

Omg, that makes it look so deliciously candy-like! :agape:

Dragon
September 30th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Her hair looks great.

-j-
September 30th, 2010, 03:21 AM
OH - MY - GOD!!! :agape:
Just beautiful!
(Nice t-shirts, too ;))

anodyne_ame
September 30th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Haha her hair is awesome!! I have a few friends who have colourful hair but with one or two colours only. Hers is amazing! I'd never have the patience to get all of the hues in. Especially the pics with the spiral curls are so cool :D

BelleBot
September 30th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I remember the old thread about her hair.
It's great to see some new pics of her hair. I'm still in serious awe. The length and the curls are amazing, not to mention the colour. I miss having bright pink hair (not allowed it any more), not sure if I could pull off rainbow, but it looks fabulous on her.

I wish my hair would grow. She has the perfect length, probably around fingertip I reckon.:inlove:

I'm in love with how long her braids are, and such a fantastic colour
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/2385888701/in/set-72157603870033527/

RachelRain
September 30th, 2010, 05:05 AM
I remember the old thread about her hair.
It's great to see some new pics of her hair. I'm still in serious awe. The length and the curls are amazing, not to mention the colour. I miss having bright pink hair (not allowed it any more), not sure if I could pull off rainbow, but it looks fabulous on her.

I wish my hair would grow. She has the perfect length, probably around fingertip I reckon.:inlove:

I'm in love with how long her braids are, and such a fantastic colour
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/2385888701/in/set-72157603870033527/

I love that color. I'd never bleach my hair, but that almost makes me want to.

Side note - on first glance I totally said 'I wish my braids were that long' and my boyfriend looked over and said they already are. lol. Way to not pay attention to my hair there.

Denebi
September 30th, 2010, 05:13 AM
wow. WOW! That's so amazing! Wonderful colors, wonderful hair. I'd love to see that in real life action....

jennyjb
September 30th, 2010, 07:07 AM
I so love that rainbow hair! Unfortunately I work in a conservative industry, and my hair is mostly dark.

It makes me hope that I'll be mostly grey/white by the time I retire so that I can do that for my retirement party! :cheese:

mizsunshyne
September 30th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I'm sooo jealous. I love love love the hair and eye makeup.

May
September 30th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Love ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ♡ ♡ ♡

Dreams_in_Pink
September 30th, 2010, 10:45 AM
O...M...G

That's the definition of awesome!! :D I wonder how she keeps her curly hair look SO healthy and grow it THAT long despite of all the bleaching and dyeing.

pennyroyal
September 30th, 2010, 10:54 AM
That hair is beyond gorgeous! I love rainbows! She looks so cool/beautiful!

ravenreed
September 30th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I would love to do stuff like that to my hair. Mine is so dark to begin with that I would have to destroy it to get it that light. *sigh*

HereIGrowAgain
September 30th, 2010, 03:08 PM
She said that her hair is really resilient, and the only damaging part (IIRC) is the slight bleaching. She said her hair dye isn't damaging. She also uses regular conditioner as a leave-in.

I love her hair. I just want to touch it, braid it, or something. It's just so darn pretty. Heck, she's gorgeous too. I think I might have a girl crush. ;)

RachelRain
September 30th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I remember going through her pictures the last time someone posted them, maybe a month ago? IIRC, she does a pretty heavy CO (which would make me nervous if I was using bleach, but she must've found a way to make it all come out) and quite a bit of normal conditioner as a leave in. And I'm pretty sure she uses MP, which is pretty decent for your hair as dyes go. They've always made my hair feel nice, at least, and I used to use them constantly :)

I was floored when I saw a comment of hers somewhere that she doesn't brush or comb her hair. Mine would be a visual rats nest halfway down if I didn't, her's just separates easily all the way down to the ends. Total jealousy, right there, the lucky girl. And I wonder how dark of a blonde her hair really is though, without the bleach.

Unnamed
September 30th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Oh, wow, yes, that's awesome! :cheer: :D :cool:

And I think this has solidly tipped me into the "Yes, I'm gong to dye the ends of my hair purple" side. :oops: If I can just figure out which MP purple will look prettiest (or, well, show up the brightest!) over 'gold'...

Roscata
September 30th, 2010, 04:09 PM
That's amazing here hair is awesome.

Jessica Trapp
September 30th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I love it!

TinaDenali
September 30th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Wow! Sooo pretty! What a fun thing to do with your hair. She's gorgeous, too!! Love it!

spidermom
September 30th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Whew! Using my incredible sleuthing abilities, I looked up the original thread and read through the whole thing, absolutely astounded that it got by without me seeing it the first time.

Here's one thing I wonder: If you do something highly unusual, you're going to draw some negative attention. That's the nature of the human beast; You have to expect it. In the original thread, most of the people were saying something along the lines of "awesome". So I wonder why the few negative comments would have driven her away. There weren't that many of them.

The last time I had bleach on my head (for highlights), the bleached hair resembled steel wool. So I would have expected a lot of damage, but she said no, so wow - lucky.

My hair is nearly light enough to pull off a look like that. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

RecklessCharlie
September 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Maybe her hair IS damaged but so what!? It's her hair and she can do with it what she likes. And she's obviously having tons of fun with it :) I say good for her.

AuntyClaus
September 30th, 2010, 08:04 PM
She looks like she does have fun, doesn't she? If I were that young, I might try some of that decoration. I'd scare the inlaws and townsfolk a little too badly at this point, though.

Demetrue
September 30th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I absolutely LOVE her hair! It looks like delicious rainbow sherbert and I want to EAT it!! I have a great admiration for creative spirits, no matter how unnatural or natural their individual creations appear. Her hair is a work of art.

I would ask her if she has tried using only 20 vol. peroxide on the roots with the bleach instead of 30 or 40 vol. If she added some oil and sweet and low sweetener packets to the bleach mix and used 20 vol. on the roots, she shouldn't get the scalp burning. (40 or 30 vol. can be used on the length) And you should be able to safely bleach two times with the 20 vol. - leave it on for up to an hour each time but no longer. Deep condition and wait at least 3 days between bleach sessions. It is a gentler method of achieving the same result.

getoffmyskittle
September 30th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Wow, I love it. I can't believe I missed it the first time either and it's a shame that she left.

My hair is nearly light enough to pull off a look like that. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

DOOOOOOOOOO IT.

I must live vicariously through you light-haired people because mine is never, ever, ever getting that light.

IcarusBride
October 1st, 2010, 07:59 PM
Oh my god, it's soooooo pretty! My hair would simply break off before I could finish this dyeing process though.

Bill D.
October 2nd, 2010, 12:15 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/3838719828/ that's how she colours it. Also, yep she's a member, same name as on flickr, but she hasn't been online in a long time because she was made to feel uncomfortable here by some people's comments.

I personally think she's one of the coolest people I've ever seen. And so talented with hair, make-up, and photography, also a great sense of humour.

All she needs is four more posts and she'll be able to view the eight pages of supportive comments on her profile. The sad thing is that she has no idea how many people have reached out to her to be supportive, yet she is so close to being able to see those messages!

Bill D.

pretty wings
October 2nd, 2010, 02:11 AM
That is so cool! I wish I could have wild and crazy bold colors in my hair like that but I'm so scared of any chemical process because my hair is not forgiving at all and will break right off. If only...
And her makeup is awesome too.

Heidi_234
October 2nd, 2010, 04:35 AM
:cheer: :cheer: Do it! Do it!

Cupofmilk
October 2nd, 2010, 05:41 AM
I adore her hair. I couldnt' pull it off but we all have a right to do what we like with our own hair and personally I think rainbows bring joy into the world and that is pretty cool