PDA

View Full Version : Almost 3 inches of growth in 2 months! Progress pics!

dainaleeo2
September 29th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Wowy. I knew my hair grew fast [thank goodness!] but i didn't know how much it did until i had it cut shorter & was able to really, really tell.
It's so much easier to measure now that it's above my shoulders. :p

Anyway, the first pictures are from the middle of July [ish], & though they aren't my hair at it's -shortest- [since i had another cut shortly after these pictures...still had damage to get rid of], its close enough. I had it longer in the front, shorter in back. Oddly enough it always grows faster in the back than front. I really don't know why that is. It ends up being strange & i have to cut the back more since...if i don't, i'll end up with the always fashionable mullet :cool: too cool for school, i know.

anyway, first set:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/tHeo2BiZ/DSC03629.jpg

ok i just realized that is a very poor example, since the angle is higher, & this was longer than it was xD for reference, i got it cut again & the longest layer was at my jaw. the back is much shorter but sadly i have no pictures of it.

this was taken...just 2 minutes ago. [don't judge, I totally just woke up at 6:45, went to class, & said screw it to make up & trying to even look good that early :p ] :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/tHeo2BiZ/DSC03731.jpg

& the back...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/tHeo2BiZ/DSC03736.jpg

again, not the best, but i'm trying.
I realize i also need a cut...since my ends look a little frazzled. my hair is also pretty greasy, but the humidity was bad today & so i ended up touching it WAY too much. eternal bane of my existance.

& just for fun, THIS was the bleach mess that caused all of my hair woes :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/tHeo2BiZ/DSC02950.jpg
so dry xD
it was cute, but the upkeep & toll on my hair...geeze.

i also realized i used to be much more tan. ah the wonders of having 21 hours & never having time to do anything :p

but anyway, there are progress pics, & i'll attempt to take better ones soon. i measured my hair so that's how i knew the exact measure, so if the pics don't show it [since the first ref isn't awesome] then i promise its true X)
I take lots of biotin pills/b12/hair & nails, & also Juice Plus, which is a mutivitamin. <3

dainaleeo2
September 29th, 2010, 10:12 AM
sorry the pictures are a little big! my browser made them appear MUCH smaller. I'm sorry in advance! :(

angelfell
September 29th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Oh I envy you. My hair grows at a decent rate but not that fast.. but I wish it did! And it looks wonderful.. looks shiny and soft :D. Congrats! Also.. anything special you have been doing for hair growth? I'm very impatient so if I can boost growth in any way, I'm there.

dainaleeo2
September 29th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Oh I envy you. My hair grows at a decent rate but not that fast.. but I wish it did! And it looks wonderful.. looks shiny and soft :D. Congrats! Also.. anything special you have been doing for hair growth? I'm very impatient so if I can boost growth in any way, I'm there.

Thanks so much! :) the shine factor [even if it's greasy as mess right now] has gotten so much better once i put down the straightener. not like it matters here anyway in the summer; the humidity kills any style i want.
I'll put up better pictures once i have a chance to put on makeup & not look so unfortunate :p

Yea I take these vitamins that are marketed as 'hair, skin, & nails.' that's exactly what it says on the bottle. the ingredient that makes hair grow is biotin, which you can buy itself, but i think that you need to take b-12 vitamins or something along with it. I would google it if you wanted to take biotin w/o the added b-12 that already comes in the hair vitamins. but that's what'll really help it grow.
the other vitamins i take are mainly for health, but Juice Plus has 2 kinds: one is fruit, the other is veggie. I don't get enough of either, so I guess that's what helps it since a balanced diet is what helps hair grow too :)

my hair just naturally grows fast too. My mom is the same way, & my dad, so i guess I get it from them. Trimming the ends is good, though it doesn't really affect growth, just helps the ends from splitting & ruining the good hair :)

triumphator!
September 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM
You look so cute with that blonde style, but I must admit your hair looks 100 times more healthy now! Congrats :)

dainaleeo2
September 29th, 2010, 10:55 AM
haha thank you! well, naturally it's pretty darn close to that, so i'm hoping with allowing it to grow out, it'll get there in time :)
it was just hard to keep it so blonde without getting brassy. & those purple shampoos i used dried it out :\

thanks again! :)

pepperminttea
September 29th, 2010, 12:30 PM
That's a lot of growth! And your hair does look much happier now. :)

Kathie
September 29th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Look at it grow! Thats great!! And its so much more healthier looking.

angelfell
September 29th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Yea I take these vitamins that are marketed as 'hair, skin, & nails.' that's exactly what it says on the bottle. the ingredient that makes hair grow is biotin, which you can buy itself, but i think that you need to take b-12 vitamins or something along with it. I would google it if you wanted to take biotin w/o the added b-12 that already comes in the hair vitamins. but that's what'll really help it grow.
the other vitamins i take are mainly for health, but Juice Plus has 2 kinds: one is fruit, the other is veggie. I don't get enough of either, so I guess that's what helps it since a balanced diet is what helps hair grow too :)

Hmm.. I take just straight Biotin, but I belieeevveee my multi vitamin I take has the rest of the B vitamins in it. If not.. the Total Raisin Bran I had this morning sure did! And a buttload of calcium and zinc. I'm so eating that the rest of the week XD.

KittyLost
September 30th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I'm jealous of your progress! You're very cute :) Happy growing!

Maddy25
September 30th, 2010, 10:03 AM
You are so gorgeous :D It is growing super fast :cheese:

dainaleeo2
October 1st, 2010, 07:54 PM
ahh thank you all for the comments! :) its very encouraging!

i went in today for a trim...kind of lost about a half inch, possibly a little more since it seems a lot shorter, but right now it feels SO much better than it did even before. i guess it's a pain to go a bit shorter -again-, but worth it in the long run :)

i'm thinking about doing a honey lightening treatment tomorrow, since i want to get the rest of my hair a bit lighter to match the new growth, at least closer to it, so hopefully that'll go well! tomorrow i'll post new pictures of my new cut :)

Qwackie
October 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM
That's pretty much how my growth looked for two months, but I doubt mine grew that fast. -sadface-
Oi, nice piercings, by the way.

I bleached too, I hope mine grows that fast for when I cut it off. :C