PDA

View Full Version : How long is too long? (for positive changes to show?)

lyssymae
September 28th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I'm talking about hair health, not loss:). I just want to know about how long it should take for you to see changes in your hair's health, for better or for worse. And how could I speed up the healing process?

Flaxen
September 29th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I would say about three months. It's supposed to take about that long for vitamins to start having an effect, and the only true "change" in the health of your hair is going to be in the new growth. Three months should show about 1 1/2 inches of new growth, and that should be enough to be able to notice a difference.

Now, if you're talking about your length, there's only so much change that can happen depending on how damaged your hair is. If it's not too damaged, but let's say just dry, you should be able to see a big difference after just one or two really good treatments. If your hair is very damaged, it's going to take a while to see improvement, but it can happen. Again, I'm going to say three months, but if your hair is really, really damaged it could take six months or a year.

How to speed up the change? Stop doing the damaging things as soon as possible, and keep up with the good treatments. :smile: