PDA

View Full Version : How long is too long?

lyssymae
September 28th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I'm not talking about long hair, even though that is a good question:D. I was wondering how long it should take of "intensive care" for your hair. In other words, when can you stop being overly worried about wether your hair can ever be fixed? And how can you help fix it faster?

Squeak toy
September 28th, 2010, 09:14 PM
For me I kept trying to fix the halo around my braid of those little hairs that stick out to the sides. I tried all sorts of products and more S&Dbut nothing helped. Then I learned I am fine haired and fine hair is slipery. I realized that they were just going to get loose no matter what I did to them. I think you need to understand your problem fully before giving up on fixing it and you need to embrace your hair and it's limitations.

LaurelSpring
September 28th, 2010, 09:15 PM
There is really no fast fix for damaged hair. I would say that if your hair is really damaged then you should consider small trims as your hair grows. In that case you could figure out how fast your hair grows (approx. 1/2 inch per month usually) and how much you are willing to trim periodically and this will give you an idea of how long it will take. You can continue to treat your hair well during this time so that the damaged part isnt as difficult and you are not creating more damage.

How long is too long is really a personal decision based on patience and determination. For me, we are talking years. If you want healthy hair then its a lifestyle. It just takes as long as it takes. What other alternative is there really? So just start treating it well and trimming the ends and put it up if you feel upset with it and one day it will be healthy again.