PDA

View Full Version : Shedding

JuneBride
September 28th, 2010, 03:14 PM
My hair constantly sheds. Why? How can I stop this? :(

jojo
September 28th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I take MSM as well as a bunch of other vits but since adding this I have noticed a dramatic difference in the hairs I shed; its probably down to say 20 a day, though it is normal to shed 100 a day and the longer the hair; the worse it looks!

But try the MSM, also garlic capsules are good too.

supermanok03
September 28th, 2010, 05:53 PM
i've been shedding so much lately too, it's almost scary. especially since my hair isn't thick to begin with so i hate shedding so much! i'm taking biotin, a multi, and fish oil pills, maybe i'll try the MSM too. Also i was thinking about trying horsetail or silica. anyone have any experience with those?

christine1989
September 28th, 2010, 05:58 PM
All hair sheds continuously so new hairs can replace the old ones. If it is shedding too much then you could give biotin a try. It really reduced my shedding as well as taking an iron suppliment.

Fairlight63
September 28th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Please tell me more about the MSM that you are taking? what brand, how much, are you taking a tablet or powder & where did you buy it? sorry so many questions, :)

I have been taking MSM 1 tab. 1,000 mg. NSI brand from Vitacost for about a yr. now & I haven't seen any difference at all in the shed rate. I have heard that the powder is better, think that I will get that next when this is all gone.

little_cherry
September 28th, 2010, 06:05 PM
We'll always shed around 200 hairs a day, sometimes more during seasonal sheds...we have thousands upon thousands of strands on our head, so it's not a big deal.

I'd be worried if i wasn't shedding at all; New hair pushes the old hair out and some hair has a shorter lifespan than others. :)

nemileo
September 28th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I am also shedding a lot of hair right now. But in my case it is beacause I am breast feeding. I have experienced that the hair follows cycles thoughout the year, and shed in periods as well as it seems to "save up" hair in other periods. If you are constantly shedding I would advice you to have a medical checkup first to make shore there is nothing wrong with your system. And then take a closer look at what you eat. A lot can be fixed with a varied diet, and then add vitamines when you make shore you cover most of it by eating right.

I have also experienced shedding in cases of depression or crisis in everyday life. For instance divorce, loss in the family or other cases of severe stress.

JuneBride
September 29th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Thank you all for your comments! I guess, from reading your comments and doing a little independent research, my shedding is normal. It occurs mostly in the shower. I have definitely also experienced cycles of more or less shedding depending on the season, as well as 'stress shedding' - I lost a lot of hair when I was in law school LOL!

jojo
October 1st, 2010, 04:37 PM
Please tell me more about the MSM that you are taking? what brand, how much, are you taking a tablet or powder & where did you buy it? sorry so many questions, :)

I have been taking MSM 1 tab. 1,000 mg. NSI brand from Vitacost for about a yr. now & I haven't seen any difference at all in the shed rate. I have heard that the powder is better, think that I will get that next when this is all gone.

I get my msm from healthy direct online and I take 1000mg in the morning and again at night it does take a good month to see the difference but well worth the wait!

JuneBride
January 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
I finally figured it out!!!! Shampoo makes my hair shed badly!!! CO washing is a Miracle!!!!