PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a trim! Pics!

longforhim
September 28th, 2010, 12:57 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=75508&albumid=4725&dl=1277756815&thumb=1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4725&pictureid=75508)
I don't have a recent pic of my hair right before the trim; but the hemline looked like this before. This is June 28, 2010. I'm wanting to slowly trim out layers and get a more rounded hemline and less of a "V". I hadn't trimmed in 7 months.

This is a couple of weeks after my trim. september 27, 2010. I got 1-2 inches trimmed off to help some layers catch up and to help my "velcroy" ends.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=84359&albumid=4725&dl=1285698754&thumb=1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4725&pictureid=84359)
I had a great hairdresser who listened well and did what I wanted. I am very pleased with the results. My ends feel so soft now and don't stick together so much. Now I can journey to waist with a more even hemline and less choppy layers in the back. I still have a couple more layers that need to "catch up". I've considered maintaining here for a bit, but I may just trim 0.5 inch every 3 months to keep the hemline even and slowly inch toward waist.:cheese:

christine1989
September 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Your ends looked good before but now they look truly amazing! Your hemline is so nice and thick- it will look fantastic at waist. :)

angelfell
September 28th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Your hair looks so healthy and soft and thick :o. I envy. <3 Looks very nice by the way, both before and after, but I love the even form after the trim.

JayLee
September 28th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Wow, that looks great. You are so lucky you found someone who truely listened to what you wanted.
Great job, keep that hairdresser,... she's a keeper.

xoxophelia
September 28th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah it looks really great. I am also rounding out a previous V hemline.. and from the looks of it, you really don't need to maintain. You can always do tiny trims to keep your hemline neat but still get growth :)

You have pantene hair (like the women in those commerials)

SpinDance
September 28th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Very nice hemline and shine! Your ends look great. Congrats!

Shellby
September 28th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Gorgeous! Your ends look great before and after. Jealous here, too. Finding a hairdresser to listen is a challenge. You have a keeper there. I have a great hairdresser who always listens. In fact she wouldn't cut it all off like I wanted because she knew I would hate it right off. She is also the best colorist EVER. My hair is always in great condition even with the highlights and lowlights I get.

Lady Mary
September 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM
They did a wonderful job, doesn't look like you lost any length. Looks great!

x0h_bother
September 28th, 2010, 02:02 PM
GREAT hemline!!

supermanok03
September 28th, 2010, 05:59 PM
i'm really jealous of your thick ends. my ends are very thin, especially since my last hair dresser decided to make a bunch of layers at the back, taking away some hair from the bottom where i want my hair to be thick!

your hemline is really thick and even looking already!! looks great :)

longforhim
September 28th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Thank you for the compliments everyone! This place definitly encourages me to keep growing!

longforhim
September 28th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah it looks really great. I am also rounding out a previous V hemline.. and from the looks of it, you really don't need to maintain. You can always do tiny trims to keep your hemline neat but still get growth :)

You have pantene hair (like the women in those commerials)

Pantene hair! I wish! Thanks for the compliment tho!

JuneBride
September 28th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I love the color and shape!!! What is your routine?

Lisa R
September 28th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Hair envy! Wow - your hair is drop dead gorgeous. The hairdresser did a fantastic job.

Lisa R
September 28th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Your ends look like they have reached waist length already. You are beyond BSL to my eyes!!

Macaroni
September 28th, 2010, 11:43 PM
That's a great trim, it makes your hair look thicker.

Misso
September 28th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Your hair looks lovely.

I wish I had taken your rout 4 years ago. But I decided to grow it with layers and now I am about to restart the journey.

I do agree with the Pantene comment. Your hair looks perfect.

McFearless
September 28th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Your hair is so silky!

Dragon
September 29th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Looks great. Great hemline.

Phexlyn
September 29th, 2010, 01:41 AM
It doesn't really look like you've got much layering going on. Great hemline, it looks very pretty now that it's a bit more round :)

longforhim
October 5th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I love the color and shape!!! What is your routine?
sorry, it has taken me so long to reply to this.
As far as routine goes i shampoo and condition about twice a week. I change up my brands of S &C often just to try new things, but i mostly use vo5 shampoo and pantene condish.
I also take MSM, Biotin, flaxseed oil, and a prenatal. I think the biotin has helped the most. I take about 5,000msg a day of it. I've taken it for months now and it really seems to help my hair.

jojo
October 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I did this last year too, your hair looks extremely healthy, I too think your more midback than BSL which is what I identify as half way off bsl and waist!

1nuitblanche
October 5th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Your hair looks super healthy!