PDA

View Full Version : Co Washing Question

Dragon
September 28th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I was just wondering if Co washing to often can dry hair out? My hair is naturaly dry and my scalp produces almost no natural oils.

Avital88
September 28th, 2010, 06:00 AM
I want to know too, i only wash once a week and only condition then.But i feel its not enough so might try co for a while in between washes :)

Heidi_234
September 28th, 2010, 06:46 AM
What's too often? I know there are members who CO every day, and they do that because it keeps their hair soft and moisturized. It depends on the hair I suppose, but generally speaking I doubt CO can be drying since you only use conditioner which is designed to moisturize hair and give it slip.

My hair is on the dry side and scalp produces very little to no oil. I usually wash my hair once a week, doing a CO on my length and WO on my scalp (no oils - no point in trying to wash them out). If I feel that my ends are drying out, and wash my hair even if the week's not up yet. If you feel like you need to CO it more often to keep the ends healthy, I think you should go for it.

kitschy
September 28th, 2010, 06:51 AM
It seems the more often I get my hair wet, condition it and moisturize it - the less dried out it feels. If I went a whole week without water and moisture, my hair would be straw!

You need to experiment and find out what is right for you.

Dragon
September 28th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I will give it a try at doing it more often.

Annalouise
September 28th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I CO everyday. I've been doing that about one month. I don't have any complaints either.:)

christine1989
September 28th, 2010, 06:20 PM
That is a good question... I have never had a problem with it. It actually has made my hair more balanced over time.

NotLostYet
September 28th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I co-wash every time I get my hair wet, which is never on a set schedule, but I never 'wash' it except to co-wash.

Seems to work well for me.

Crysta
September 28th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I CO every two- three days, my hair never feels dried out - and I bleach it too.

jeanniet
September 28th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I imagine it's possible, but not very likely once you figure out the right schedule. Everyone is different. I CO every 4-5 days. I don't think doing it more often would dry my hair out, but I'm not sure it would be more beneficial, either.