PDA

View Full Version : How to fix a crease/wave from wearing hair up?

mizsunshyne
September 27th, 2010, 12:25 PM
When I cut my hair to my shoulders, I noticed that it gets a wave in the back. Just a small one. Well, anyway, I hated my hair the moment it was cut and luckily it was long enogh to put up, so I just keep it in a ponytail all day.

The problem is, the wave is more pronounced now since I keep my hair up alot. So when I take it down, there is a major crease in my hair. It doesn't even go away after I wash it and wear it down for the day. Now it's a cycle because the crease is so ugly, that I refuse to keep it down! lol

How do I fix this?

Amraann
September 27th, 2010, 12:50 PM
The only thing that comes to mind is wearing it in a different style up. (like a low base of the neck pony?)

I have never heard of the crease becoming permanent even after washing.

Is it possible that you have a cowlick that was not obvious with previous styles?

Chestershire
September 27th, 2010, 01:45 PM
you can try braiding?

swivelhop
September 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM
French/Dutch braids and french twist can be done at SL. They don't leave such a 'perfect' dent.

kitten1986
September 27th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Oooh mine used to do that too its soo annoying!
I bought some claw clips like this

http://www.imsogorgeous.com/superbasket/product/1494/HACL1002%2C+2+Pc+Plastic+Claw+Clip%2C+Black+and+
Tortoiseshell

and I started to twist my hair up and hold them with these, you can do one main one in the middle back, or two smaller ones to either side if your hair is shorter or thicker. It pretty much gets rid of the creases, but it might give you some waves from the twisting

Out of interest, what hair elastics are you using? have you tried a scunchie or pantyhose elastic?

mizsunshyne
September 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Oooh mine used to do that too its soo annoying!
I bought some claw clips like this

http://www.imsogorgeous.com/superbasket/product/1494/HACL1002%2C+2+Pc+Plastic+Claw+Clip%2C+Black+and+
Tortoiseshell

and I started to twist my hair up and hold them with these, you can do one main one in the middle back, or two smaller ones to either side if your hair is shorter or thicker. It pretty much gets rid of the creases, but it might give you some waves from the twisting

Out of interest, what hair elastics are you using? have you tried a scunchie or pantyhose elastic?

Thanks for the ideas! My hair is layered, so anything but a ponytail is pretty difficult right now. Clips might be the alternative though.

I'm using the ouchless elastics. I didn't even think about switching that up!