PDA

View Full Version : Funny hair stories

starlights
September 26th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Hi guys:)

This story made me smile so thought to share it with you.

I went to my friends work leaving do 2 days ago.

I hadnt seen them all in nearly a year.

Anyway, my hair has reached a little past waist now (when they last saw me it was hoovering above between apl and bsl)

one of the guys i used to work with turned to me and said

"is your hair real? or is it extensions?"

the comment made me laugh, i hadnt realised my hair had grown long to me my hair feels short!:p

Have you got any hair stories that make you chuckle? :D

indigonight
September 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I hope no one will be offended by this story but it was so funny I thought I would share. I have tried my best to be metaphorical.. LHC please feel free to remove if it does offend...

Last night my SO and I were having a cuddle and as we all know spooning leads to forking. I keep a large bottle of 100% pure almond oil on the wooden bedpost for moisturizing hair, hands, body etc. Anyway SO decided to use some almond oil on the engine... yes sorry for the details.... and did not put the lid on properly afterwards.... well you can see it coming, as the bedpost wobbled in the final rollings in the hay, the whole bottle toppled over onto my head and spilled half a litre of almond oil onto my hair and also all over the pillow and on the bed!!!! I did not even notice until 2 minutes later when SO said 'oh no big sex accident!'

My hair has never been so saturated, oil was dripping from it. I had to towel off the worst however it was 11 at night so too late to wash off the oil so I thought I'll just sleep with it on although it will be a nightmare to get it all out.

Anyway luckily I work from home today as I am going to have to spend an age washing all this oil out and luckily I have some Indian herbs, namely shikakai and aretha in the house, as in my experience they are the best for washing out oil!

Anyone else with funny hair stories?

:laugh: :!:

Tomato
September 27th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Not on my hair, but on my mother's hair.
This incident dates from times when young Tomato was not yet the matured wise old women and expert on henna & indigo.
So, I wanted to dye my mother's hair black and used a ready mixed natural compound containing henna, indigo, etc.
To make sure that the colour would be strong and nice and would adhere well to the hair I set it up with boiling water. And left it for an hour or two. My mother had about two thirds white hair. After my "black dyeing" my mother had 2 thirds vivid orange hair.
Yes, it is true: Boiling water kills indigo. Q.e.d.
Above all that was 1 week before my wedding and my mother wanted to look nice for that. :eyebrows:
Well, she found a capable hairdresser who knows about henna and was able to correct my ambitions.

JenniferNoel
September 27th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Cute story, indigonight. :)
I've had several hair related accidents in my life, one involving a bass guitar and TBL hair. I don't even want to go over that again. *cringe*

Anje
September 27th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Heh, I can see that happening. :)

I don't know about herbs, but drenching your hair in cheap conditioner and letting it sit for a while is a remarkably good way to get out oil. Better than shampoo, by most accounts.

Aren't you supposed to oil your hair anyway before using shikakai?

Henrietta
September 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I do not have my own funny story (yet) but the moment when the real world (because on the LHC we need at least knee length hair to start thinking whether it's like long-long or just... ordinary... ;) ) starts considering your hair as long must be magical.

indigonight
September 27th, 2010, 11:28 AM
yes I do oil my hair pre-shikakai but I use a couple of tablespoons of oil not half a litre!!

embee
September 27th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Very cool! You must be pleased, it's quite a nice comment. :)

little_cherry
September 27th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Heh, I can see that happening. :)

I don't know about herbs, but drenching your hair in cheap conditioner and letting it sit for a while is a remarkably good way to get out oil. Better than shampoo, by most accounts.

Aren't you supposed to oil your hair anyway before using shikakai?
Agreed! When I was little I actually poured a whole bottle of olive oil on my head (don't ask...lol)... My mother slathered my hair in thick conditioner (something like suave..not the strawberry one as it is waxy). :D After the conditioner soak and shikakai, you should be fine.

pepperminttea
September 27th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Well that's got to be the most fun way to do a deep oiling that I've ever heard of. :eyebrows::p

Henrietta
September 27th, 2010, 02:09 PM
What about the results of sooooo intensive oil moisturising? :D
I hope almond oil is not expensive in where you live:D

Alvrodul
September 27th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Well that's got to be the most fun way to do a deep oiling that I've ever heard of. :eyebrows::p
I second this!:p:cool:

Carolyn
September 27th, 2010, 02:15 PM
A CO wash with a cheap cone free conditioner should get the oil out.

mali
September 27th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Well,that happened to me once,so I took about 6 cups of flour and drenched it in my hair.Got all the oil out and when I washed I had no oil in my hair,whatsoever.:)

angelfell
September 27th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Ehehehe, that's pretty funny :p. Hope the oil comes out without too much trouble. That'll teach you to keep it someone more 'stable' I suppose :p or at least move it prior.

indigonight
September 27th, 2010, 07:19 PM
the shikakai sorted it out!!! yes it was a fun way of oiling but a bit too much oil really!
Luckily its cheap almond oil I got at the Indian Grocers.
I will have to get some more.....!

gizelle
September 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
When I was in high school my hair was tbl and I usually wore it in braids. I was making my bed one day and fixing the bottom sheet on the far corner from me and kneeled on one of my braids. My neck made a funky sound as the springs in the bed compressed and I had to go visit my chiropractor. I then had it cut the next week.

Kristin
September 28th, 2010, 06:28 PM
My "funny" story involved a shared bubble bath, a messy bun, and a candle on the edge of the tub. I singed an inch or two off a section of hair. It wasn't very noticeable. I laughed about it, but that was before I was obsessed with my hair.