PDA

View Full Version : My Plop is a Flop - Curls are Bi-Polar

soonerpgh
September 26th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Okay, so I went and found some coconut oil yesterday and gave my hair a good dose of it. I let it soak overnight and washed and conditioned it my usual way today. Then I tried to do the 'plop' I read about on curly-gurl hoping to produce lovely even ringlets. Instead it has mutliple personality disorder. ;) I guess we cant all have Taylor Swift hair.

Here's a pic of my flop:

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff497/Biscuitsmom/Hair-2.jpg

Siava
September 26th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Actually, your flop doesn't look half bad, but I can tell there's risidual oil. Another wash is in order. Still, it looks so soft. Love it! I just started using coconut oil as well and it's harder to get off of the curls than any other oil I've used. A little goes a long way. Don't give up on plopping just yet!

Another product that works great for plopping is gel or mousse. Again, a little goes a long way. With your length and thickness, about a silver dollar size rubbed between the palms and distributed upside down via raking the fingers through your hair before plopping should do ya. Do you have either one?

Jezerellica
September 26th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Umm, yours looks way better than the last time I tried! I'm not sure what you are expecting.

I think it is lovely! In fact, it encourages me to give it another try!

pelicano
September 26th, 2010, 05:08 AM
My hair hates plopping - I get loads of volume, but huge amounts of frizz and tiny stringy ringlets. I do better to drip dry - less voume, but big clumpy curls.