PDA

View Full Version : Odd comment...

Jenw777
September 25th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I was at the fair tonight, and a woman came up and asked me if my hair was real, because my bun was "too perfect". Go sock bun!

Bene
September 25th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I'm kind of inclined to say that a sock bun isn't a "real" bun since it's got something underneath shaping and molding it, and making the hair seem fuller than it really is. I stick them in the same category as rats and bump-its.

Jezerellica
September 25th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I have people ask me if my hair is "real" also. I think with fake pony tails and and all the rest, people just assume. A stylist I know says when hair is too shiny, that is how she tells if it is natural.

People ask me if my eyelashes are real too. It cracks me up. Others assume I use Latisse. Nope, just lucky I guess!

jera
September 26th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Haha ! Congrats on the compliment !

:cheese:

trillcat
September 26th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I'm kind of inclined to say that a sock bun isn't a "real" bun since it's got something underneath shaping and molding it, and making the hair seem fuller than it really is. I stick them in the same category as rats and bump-its.

Don't Poo poo on the parade!
Sockbuns are buns, you go girl!

Lianna
September 26th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Poo poo on the parade!
Sockbuns are buns, you go girl!

It's the only one I can do, and I'm very happy that I can...:D

enfys
September 26th, 2010, 03:04 AM
I've been adked where I got my accent braids from and had to tell people they were from my scalp. It's a fun moment and means they think your hair was made professionally and passed quality control :D

Carolyn
September 26th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Even if it is an odd thing to say, it's still a nice compliment. With all the messy styles now, we don't see many nice neat hairstyles. Also people who have never had long hair, don't understand what can easily be done with it.

leslissocool
September 26th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Great compliment! Probably the shiny of your hair with the shape gave it that impression... It's lame that people now a days think of "good hair" as extensions and "fake" hair...

But now seriously, that lady just thought it was unbelievable your hair is just that gorgeous naturally :D

SpinDance
September 26th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Great compliment! I've never been asked that, but I've had some really strange stares. A week or so ago I was at a restaurant for lunch, two older ladies with snow white hair a bit shorter than shoulder length were just watching me like crazy. Only thing I could figure was that they were trying to figure out my double lace braids up-do (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4465&pictureid=57420)!

Henrietta
September 27th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Haha ! Congrats on the compliment !

:cheese:

Exactly. Suggesting that you are wearing a wig (I am not saying that wearing a wig is something wrong!;) ) could sound weird but... Can you imagine a better hair compliment? "Too perfect". Ha!