PDA

View Full Version : Weird things about your hair?

ilovelonghair
September 25th, 2010, 08:11 PM
This morning I discovered a black hair in my hair. LOL. Nothing wrong with that, I like black hair, but how is that possible with my lighter hair color? Stranger still: the end is black and it goes slowly lighter towards my scalp.

Anyone else got something really odd?

Jean Stuart
September 25th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah lately I have been noticing two toned strands light and dark like an animal print almost. and those strands are course and thicker the rest of my hair.

Qwackie
September 25th, 2010, 08:33 PM
My hair's naturally almost black, it has a few black hairs here and there, but not many. It's mainly ash brown. Today I found a strawberry blonde hair in it. I don't know how that's possible, no blondes in my family.

PiroskaCicu
September 25th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I will randomly find extremely curly, platinum blonde hairs once in a while....kind of cool but weird. :P My brother had blonde curly hair as a baby but then it became more like my colour (light brown) later on. Wonder if it has anything to do with that?

kabelaced
September 25th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I think this is probably a pretty common thing, but it still kind of boggles me. The back side of my hair is always a little bit thicker and coarser and less shiny than the rest of my hair, no matter what length it is. That confuses me, because I always thought that the canopy should be all that, since it takes the brunt of the damage...but I've come to terms with my coarse, funky underlayers. :P

spidermom
September 25th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I've often wondered if the perception of my hair color as "dark" blonde was due to the fact that I had a number of very dark hairs scattered through mostly light, nearly colorless hair. I've found copper, red, even very kinky-curly black hairs. I must be a mutt.

tarn
September 26th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I have fairly straight dark brown hair, but if I run my hand along the canopy hair I can sometimes feel bumps. When I have pulled out those weird feeling bits of hair, I actually have some black corkscrew hairs in there (no wonder I get fly aways on the canopy!:rolleyes:). No known genetic tie to hair that curly.

kritir
September 26th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I have blonde hairs. A lot of them! They're not white, not grey, just... yellow. And I'm Indian, so it's pretty uncommon.

Aleria
September 26th, 2010, 02:02 AM
The front bits of my hair will often curl if left to their own devices and they get slightly damp. Also, one side of my growing-out-bangs will always stick out awkwardly while the other lies flat.

Harriet
September 26th, 2010, 03:43 AM
I've mentioned this before I think. I have auburn hair but have a very blonde streak about 2" wide at the nape of my neck.

slz
September 26th, 2010, 05:07 AM
the end is black and it goes slowly lighter towards my scalp.
Agouti hair :cheese: .
I don't think it exists in humans though.

ilovelonghair
September 26th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Agouti hair :cheese: .
I don't think it exists in humans though.

It does now: on me! LOL

Laurenji
September 26th, 2010, 08:22 AM
For the most part, my hair is stick-straight and fairly fine. However, I actually have quite a few hairs that are darker, thicker, and kinked quite severely. I'm not sure why...it's a little annoying, because even though I've always wanted curly hair, having mostly straight hair with a few curly strands just means my hair looks frizzy a lot of the time.

IStand4u
September 26th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Your hair all sounds so cool! Lol, my hair has dark red, red, black, dark brown, light brown, and a few strands that are multitoned, and a few strands that go from light at my scalp to dark on the bottom!
I love unique hair :)

Merewen
September 26th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I have hairs just like that - dark and course but fade to lighter/finer or vice versa. I've always had them, and honestly, I'm quite fond of them.

SandyStar
September 26th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I'm Asian and my hair is all black, but once in a while I find a blonde hair, not grey, but blonde. Usually is is darker at one end and goes lighter and lighter. It is really odd!