PDA

View Full Version : Windy Days

PiroskaCicu
September 25th, 2010, 01:42 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs322.ash2/60285_430243537748_681062748_5149448_3704822_n.jpg

It was a VERY windy autumn day here. Yesterday I took some photos and you can see just how windy it was! It was fun (but also very tangled last night. I did a deep conditioning treatment. :)) I didn't have any hair elastic or anything during the day.

So the question is...what do you do with your hair on very windy days?

irishlady
September 25th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I have this little 3 in 1 thing I do with my hair most days, it works on windy days too.

I tie it in a pony, then braid the pony and roll it into a bun and secure with a scrunchie or bobby pins (Yeah I know, nothing spectacular lol).

Then I just keep my fringe/bangs out of my eyes with an alice band or headband, or bobby pins, I'm growing them out.

So yeah :) lol

Carolyn
September 25th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I hate windy days and we have a lot of them here in Iowa :( If it's windy I do a bun or sometimes a single braid. Buns seem to keep my hair contained better than a braid. It's often hard to find a day when I can wear my hair down.

Henrietta
September 25th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I do some smooth updo. So no Edwardian style, as it requires loose "poufs" on the sides. I like to braid my hair and wrap the braids in any kind of a crown.

Nothing can help the messy fringe of course. It's long enough to wear it up now, I have to wait for a windy day to experiment. Maybe it will behave better being "up" ;)

mali
September 25th, 2010, 03:13 PM
This probably has nothing to do with the thread,but PiroskaCicu,you look like an anime!lol:D

NotLostYet
September 25th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I bought a little $1 zippered pouch (supposedly for tampons, I think) and fill it with various hair stuff - a few hairpins, a couple elastics, a half-dozen bobbypins, and a travel-size bottle of hairspray :D. I just keep it in my purse. I think you could just as easily use a cheap pencil case except mine is a bit smaller than a pencil case would be. The trick for me was that I wanted something long enough for a couple hairsticks to fit and that one fit the bill. Plus how can you argue with a buck?

I used to live in London and the wind there wasn't properly windy, just swirly All The Time. Drove me completely bonkers to ever have my hair down, so I relied on my kit to be able to whip something up at a moments' notice.

Most days I wished for some proper wind to blow my hair around, but it just swirled around my face and up my nose like the darn Birth of Venus (http://www.integral.soton.ac.uk/~sguera/good1/venus.html) :mad:

sibiryachka
September 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I have so many short hairs that won't stay in any updo! I try to keep a bandana in my purse; nothing else keeps those shorties from flying all over the place.

PrincessBob
September 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Hair glove or braids and a scarf/bandanna.

Carolyn
September 25th, 2010, 05:33 PM
It never hurts to have a few hair things in your bag or in your car for those kind of days. I use a hard sunglasses case for my stuff.

Adora Belle
September 25th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I usually have a fork made out of bone or a flexi-8 that lives in my purse that I use to throw my hair up into a bun if its windy or just annoying. If I'm going to be out side walking around I have some news boy caps that I just put all of my hair under loose. My hair is only bsl though it might not work as well as it gets longer.

Jezerellica
September 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM
I like hats too, now that it is cooler. My favorite is a loose knitted black beret. Under it a side braid and some bangs that still fly all over! I even pin my hat on. It was SUPER windy here today! Whew!

meowmeow
September 26th, 2010, 12:56 AM
I usually just grin and bear it. :)

Dragon
September 26th, 2010, 01:13 AM
I usually just wear it down. Maybe when my hair gets longer I might start wearing it up on a windy day.

vampodrama
September 26th, 2010, 01:21 AM
I don't walk around (I drive, lol) but when it happens to be windy, I just run to and from my car as fast as possible. Wind ties my hair into tight tangly knots in mere seconds and untangling is a nightmare.

Updo wise, I always wear a braid, so I don't d anything special on windy days. In Estonia, all days are windy, imo.