PDA

View Full Version : Long straight hair w/ short curls

bradleyjx
May 24th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Well, first off, hello out there. My question/story is this: I've been growing my hair longer on-and-off for the last 6 years, and I've always had an issue with the line of hair around my ears and the back of my neck, which is curly and naturally-short compared to the rest of may hair, which is long and relatively straight. By naturally-short, I mean that I haven't had any kind of haircut for about 18 months and this hair isn't more than 3-4 inches long, some barely an inch. I've been able to "handle" it pretty easily in past years just by how I wear my hair, usually by covering it up with hair from the front of my head. My issue now is that I'm starting to get thin hair up there (hereditary...), pretty much preventing me from hiding this anymore. This is leaving me with something a friend called a devil curl, since on a windy day or a "bad" day, the short curls stand up giving a "horn" look to them right above my ears. It's just become a nuisance to the point where I really want to do something about it. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions here. I'm against putting any kind of gel into my hair (physical as well as personal reasons), but I'm open to pretty much any other suggestions. Thanks for any help!

Amara
May 24th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Hm, one possibility might be to cut some long bangs - they could like over that hair and make it behave or serve as camo for it. I'm thinking of chin length, side sweepy-bangs.

ETA: I also thought I might add that if you're taking good care of your hair, and those hairs around your ears/neck just don't grow very long, don't worry about it. I know a couple people with hair like that and I think those little curlies peeking out from under updoes look wonderfully romantic/cute/whimsical/sexy/flattering adjective of your choice. :D

jojo
May 24th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I have the shorter hairs round my nape; is this what you mean?

I think most people have these, just treat them gently, I too think they look cute in an up do!

Welcome to the boards, hope your enjoying the posts.

Wishing you all the very best in your journey, you will learn loads. I know I have and still learning!

Love Jojo xx

julya
May 24th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I have those little short hairs all around my hairline too. If my hair is on the greasy side, they don't stick out as much, but freshly washed they do. I have found that putting a part into my hair before I put it up disguises/hides them pretty well.

fatmoogas
May 25th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I think they must look cute.