PDA

View Full Version : People with classic length hair

ldc441
September 24th, 2010, 06:22 PM
How long did it take to get it to that length cuz i'm at APL and that is what I want

RachelRain
September 24th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Probably about three and a half, maybe four years, I think, for me. I had to cut back to waist once and am back below classic after a little over a year. I may be wrong on that, though, I'll have to ask the boy when he wakes up because he's much better at remembering time frames than me.

edit: he says yes, if you count the massive chop, it counts as about four and a half years. If you don't (because he doesn't, since it was there originally before it was chopped), then just a little over three and a half years.

spidermom
September 24th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I was at APL in 2005 and am nearly at classic length now, but I've had a lot of trims, some of them as much as 4 raggedy, damaged inches at a time. So don't go by me.

Emerald88
September 24th, 2010, 07:47 PM
That's really hard to answer. But I agree with the others that 3 years is a good estimate. If you know your average growth per month you should be able to come up with an estimate. Of course, you will have to take into account any trimming.

SheaLynne
September 24th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I'm not to classic yet, but I'm closing in on tailbone with 3 years and 3 months out from apl. In that time, I've had two 1-2 inch trims by a stylist (pre-LHC) and in the last year, 10 monthly 1/4-inch trims done by myself. So I think that's a total of about 5 to 7 inches trimmed to get rid of layers, flat-iron damage, and general ignorance damage.

I estimate another year to classic with the continued monthly trims.

It probably depends on what condition your hair is in now. If it is fairly healthy, you probably won't need as much trimming along the way. But if you already have problem areas, you will probably need to trim more to even be able to get to classic.

HTH!

getoffmyskittle
September 25th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I used to be at classic. APL to classic the first time was about 5-6 years.