PDA

View Full Version : How to get my natural hair color back?

TealDolphin
September 24th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Right now my hair is dyed a golden blonde; my natural color is dark blonde/light brown, which has grown in up to about my ears. My hair is a little past my shoulders. Is there anyway to remove the hair dye and get my natural color back, or is it better to wait until it all grows out, which will take forever?

Harriet
September 24th, 2010, 03:08 PM
If your hair is dyed a lighter colour than your natural hair then i'm afraid tou can't remove it as some peroxide has very likely been invthe dye you used and so bleached your hair a little. If you've dyed darker then a colour remover can be quite successful.
Its not all bad though, the ombre look is apparently very fashionable at the moment.

HairColoredHair
September 24th, 2010, 03:08 PM
If your hair is dyed a LIGHTER golden than you original color (which is sounds like it is) you could dye over it to match your roots?

You can't really remove lighter dye and get your natural color back, since it lifted color out to lighten it.

marzipanfuntime
September 24th, 2010, 03:10 PM
It seems that if you have lightened your hair color, you can't 'lift' anything to make it darker; you are going to have to add the pigment back in. You could use a box dye on the golden part, I recommend Natural Instincts because it has low peroxide, and a very natural range of colors. It worked pretty well for me in the past, just strand test it to see if you get the color you like with minimal damage.
Now, allot of people here use mixtures of herbs like henna, indigo, and amla which color and benefit the hair, but it is extremely tricky to get a specific color like your own natural blond.