PDA

View Full Version : WHat just happened! *pic heavy*

tinti
September 23rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Ok, so I have done a lot of things for the first time today. I went out and bought a tub of coconut oil and applied it on my hair. It looked like a greasy mess afterwards. My plan was to leave it on untill tomorrow, but thene I got a dinner invite and I showered and washed my hair in a rush with a clarifying shampoo that I also got today (never clarified my hair before ...) Then I decided to see how much my hair has improved by letting it airdry without nothing in it. No products, no brushes or combs, no elastics and so on. And so I did, and I discovered that my weird, straight and bended-in weird-directions hair just got waves or something!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/tinti84/DSC00681.jpg This is how it looked when I came home from dinner. The only thing I had done to it was pushing the bangs aside when they were in my eyes :P

Then I decided to just get over it and brush it, because I thought the waves or what I should call it (?) was just gonna go away when I brushed it But look what happened instead.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/tinti84/DSC00683.jpg

And to compare, this is what my hair allways has looked like, except for in the last 2-3 months, when the bendiness has kind of incressed.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/tinti84/DSC000302.jpg
First ever lhc lenght shot.
So what do you think? Is it a result of just not touching my hair while airdrying? And is this my "real" hair type? I'm kinda confused, lol.

birthmarkie
September 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Congratulations, you have waves! And they look really good! :D I think your hair-typed correctly. Your layers probably add to the effect too. Amazing what you'll discover putting down the brush. It happened to me too!

spidermom
September 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
You have lovely waves. It's a result of not doing anything to your hair while it dries. I'd put you at 1C at least.

tinti
September 23rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks :D Yeah, layers. Seems like I'm gonna miss them after all when they're grown out :p Who whould've thought that!

(and wow, that oil makes me wanna eat my hair!)

PrincessBob
September 23rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
To me, it looks like your hair maybe likes Coconut oil. I think the soft waves are quite attractive on you.

pepperminttea
September 23rd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Do you usually use silicones? I only realised I had waves when I stopped using silicones, clarified, and suddenly - poof! - waves! :) Either way, it seems your hair likes coconut oil; and I love the waves on you, very soft.

tanya222
September 23rd, 2010, 03:19 PM
Lovely waves!

And you gained some good length there in only 2-3 months! :)

Calaelen
September 23rd, 2010, 03:23 PM
Wow. I wish my hair would do that. It looks so lovely. now I'm thinking of drenching my hair in coconut oil and then clarifying...lol.

Anyway, your hair looks like it loves coconut oil(no surprise as you and I have the same hair type), and wavier than a 1b/1c in the first pic.

SpinDance
September 23rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
You sure have lovely waves! Sure looks like it likes the oiling and air drying. I sure wish my hair would settle into nice, clearly defined waves like that, I've mostly just got poof.

tinti
September 23rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Princess Bob: Tanks! Yeah, it was a good investment.

Pepperminttea: Thanks! I have no idea. I can't read the ingredients list because I'm nearly blind, so I just bought whatever.
Yes, I think it liked it too, feels very soft and healthy atm:)

Tanya222: Thanks! Yeah, it seems I did. *happy* Pics is a better measurements than the tape it seems :)

tinti
September 23rd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Calaelen: It's worth a try, I didn't think it would do that much a difference ;)

SpinDance: Thank you!

talecon
September 23rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
nice waves :) congrats

melikai
September 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
So pretty! I had a similar surprise the first time I air dried without touching it.

I think you're at least running the fine line between 1c/2a, maybe you'll even become wavier as you grow!

tinti
September 23rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
nice waves :) congrats
Thank you, talecon :)

So pretty! I had a similar surprise the first time I air dried without touching it.

I think you're at least running the fine line between 1c/2a, maybe you'll even become wavier as you grow!
Thanks! It's so amazing what I've learned here! Thanks everyone!

leslissocool
September 23rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Your hair looks much more healthy to me! It looks thicker and shinier :)

Maddy25
September 23rd, 2010, 04:39 PM
oh what a surprize! That is very awesome :)

triumphator!
September 23rd, 2010, 07:35 PM
Looks good to me! :D

Jessica Trapp
September 23rd, 2010, 08:01 PM
The first time I did a coconut milk soak, washed, conditioned and let it air dry without touching it I discovered I had whorls and waves. It freaked me out.

:) jes

princessp
September 23rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
Wow, huge difference it's gorgeous!

Crazycatlady
September 23rd, 2010, 09:57 PM
Tinti in your last pic, your before pic, it looks like you blow dried it straight. Was that air dried too? My waves look much better if I don't mess with them while I dry. And I use an old t-shirt or cotton pillow case instead of a towel to pat the excess water out. Your hair looks great! I love coconut oil, too. :D

urara12
September 23rd, 2010, 10:14 PM
wow!!! your hair got so thick!!!! very nice wave:cheese:
can I ask how long took the time from very last pic to the first pic?

Dragon
September 23rd, 2010, 11:21 PM
Nice waves:)

little_cherry
September 23rd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Lovely! Your hair is similar to mine- the longer it gets, the wavier it becomes. :)

tinti
September 24th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Your hair looks much more healthy to me! It looks thicker and shinier :)
Thank you, Leslissocool :D

oh what a surprize! That is very awesome :)
Thanks, Maddy25! Yeah, it was!

Looks good to me! :D

The first time I did a coconut milk soak, washed, conditioned and let it air dry without touching it I discovered I had whorls and waves. It freaked me out.

:) jes
Hehe, it was kind of shocking, yes, but I like my hair better that way then weird and bendy ;)

Wow, huge difference it's gorgeous!
Thank you!

Tinti in your last pic, your before pic, it looks like you blow dried it straight. Was that air dried too? My waves look much better if I don't mess with them while I dry. And I use an old t-shirt or cotton pillow case instead of a towel to pat the excess water out. Your hair looks great! I love coconut oil, too. :D
Thanks, Crazycatlady! Yes, I think it was airdried, but I did not care too much about what I put into it of shampoo and stuff. It was taken same day I joined LHC or the day after. I have'nt blowdried since joining here, it's kind of a waste on me because it takes looong time.
That was a thought. Towels, at least the one I have, are very rough. Maybe I'll trypatting with a pillowcase next time.

wow!!! your hair got so thick!!!! very nice wave:cheese:
can I ask how long took the time from very last pic to the first pic?
Thank you! The straight hair pic was taken 27th or 28th of June, the wavy pics was taken September 23rd, so about 3 months.

Nice waves:)
Thank you, Tiger!

Lovely! Your hair is similar to mine- the longer it gets, the wavier it becomes. :)
Thank you! That would've been fun.

Henrietta
September 24th, 2010, 01:17 PM
It looks like your real hair type to me. They are visible even after brushing and they look so natural!
You've got nice waves! Enjoy them;)

tinti
September 24th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks, Henrietta :cheese: :happydance:

DavidN
September 24th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Look at those wonderful waves, Tinti, and they make your hair look a lot thicker too, and yes, it is growing as well! Well done!

tinti
September 24th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Thank you, DavidN! Yes, now I have some volume in my hair, something that I've been struggling with for quite a few years now. Yes, it has grown quite a bit, I got a good growth spurt in june - august. I am absolutely very happy :)

dragonmyst
September 24th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I noticed a HUGE differance in my hair after coconut oil. I apply a small amount every morning. It even helped the dry frizzy feeling post bleaching it.

Your hair is gorgeous. So soft looking. :) congrats on the growth too.

tinti
September 24th, 2010, 04:58 PM
THank you, Dragonmyst :) Wow, taming fizz is amazing. I don't think I have too much frizz, except for around my face, but I'm just happy because of my baby hairs, if I didn't have them I'd never dare to let my bangs grow ;)