PDA

View Full Version : Hair extensions

prittykitty
September 23rd, 2010, 02:44 PM
I have been a member here for a while. I have been trying to grow out my naturally curly, chemically damaged hair for quite sometime. I have been through everything possible and even made myself wear my hair in a bun for a long time which made me look much older than I am. I also tried the monistat secret to growth and had very good results except for one thing, my hair was growing out big and not doing much for length. I was getting all kinds of new hairs and was very pleased with that plus the fullness but again, no length:(

I gave up! I bought hair extensions and put them in and oh how happy I am again. I feel beautiful and feel so youthful. It has definitely upped my confidence. I am using the ones with the little rings that you attach them with. I did this in June and this month I put new hair in to have a fresh start. I managed to get ones that matched my naturally curly hair but I did have to treat the extension hair with a little perm solution just to tame down the tightness of the curls. When I took out the old extensions I didn't notice any hair loss at all. This was a worry to me. Instead I did notice that my hair looked somewhat longer than before I put the extensions in. I have cut the top and sides to a long layered style and am so happy. I still take very good care of my hair and the extension hair and notice that if I condition wash only, the hair does not get tangled easily like extension hair does sometimes. Since I do this myself I can repair the ones that slide out at times and can keep up with it and continue to wear them as long as I wish. I did learn to cut hair while I was in beauty school for a while several years ago so I of course cut my own hair.

I got the kind of hair I wanted without the "wait forever" involved. I plan to wear them until my own hair reaches the length that I want it to be. I don't have a full head of extensions, I just have them in the back and some on the sides for a little extra added length.

I have not been on here for a while and am glad to be back:)

I have been trying to upload pictures but keep getting an error message. I have never had problems before. Any help would be great.

Nae
September 23rd, 2010, 03:58 PM
I'm glad they worked out for you and that you are happy with your hair!!

Malibu Barbie
September 23rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Its good you found something that worked for you. I have to say since the hair extensions came out I have more women walk up and touch my hair just to see if my hair is real. This never happened to me before. I was puzzled then one lady told me she wanted to see if it was real.

prittykitty
September 24th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Its good you found something that worked for you. I have to say since the hair extensions came out I have more women walk up and touch my hair just to see if my hair is real. This never happened to me before. I was puzzled then one lady told me she wanted to see if it was real.
You do have very beautiful hair.

Dragon
September 24th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Glad you are happy with them:)