PDA

View Full Version : Hair is finally growing back....but it's gray!!

marimara
September 23rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Ok so I've been posting in the last few months about my freaking horrendous hair shed. It lasted nearly 4.5 months! It's slowed down a lot and now I notice a lot of tiny short hairs growing in, esp around my face/hairline. BUT I've noticed quite a large increase in the number of gray hairs! What gives? Why the sudden increase in grays following The Big Shed? Did I do something really bad to my body this year? Am I dying? I can't think of anything that actually happened to me (no surgeries, no accidents, no major stress) that would have caused it. I did change my diet to include more meat just prior to the shed but I'm not exactly sure that caused it. Is it just getting old? Will my hair thickness return to it's prior thickness (there a tons of short hairs, like a halo when my hair is pulled back)?

Ok another admittance here. In the midst of my hair shed I was weak, and I cut bangs. Now I need to grow them back again. Darn it, I can't believe I did that. I've been using those tiny clips to roll my bangs to the side and clip them out of my face. Are those little clips ok for my hair? They don't seem to pull or anything.

And after reading that vinegar rinse thread, I'm doing that tonight!

NotLostYet
September 23rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know the circumstances behind your shed, but my hair grew in mostly white for the first trimester of my first pregnancy and went back to normal later, so I know it's possible for the gray to be a temporary thing.